A true otaku enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
vetusomaru.blog.fc2.com
XP
Country
Greece

Remember what happened last time Microsoft proposed to Nintendo to buy them? Nintendo laughed at their face:
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/microsoft-acquire-nintendo-ea-square-enix-rejected-2850977

And that was when Nintendo was struggling to compete against Playstation. And now that Nintendo is most profitable than ever with no serious competitors (even smartphones that used to be a threat for Nintendo at the previous generation) and yet he has delusions like that? Lol! How the fuck does this hack still has a job at game industry?

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
I am probably repeating myself on this one (and I have to be the guy that always comes up with worst case scenarios no matter how deranged they are), but if this acquisition ever happened, then Nintendo will mean dogshit as it will be the final coffin in the nail of its golden age of whimsy (because clearly the last two businessrats didn't tarnish it enough) - thus it will lose its value... which for Xbox will still be sort of a victory

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Todd Howard is even more out of touch than Phil... Keeps thinking we want GTA 5 and Skyrim on every fucking platform known to man since the 360/PS3 era in 2012...
*checks sales figures* well someone does.

And to be fair Bethesda did try to develop a new game... something set in space or something... didn't go well.

1718016618433.png

• Haha
Reactions: ElYubiYubi

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Amiga Owner
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Considering all of the most resent moves, I am shocked Phil is still around. Like, damn Microsoft, what are you doing? Besides giving W's to everyone else.
Microsoft deserves an L. If you had looked at what Microsoft did with CoPilot, then you'll certainly see why they don't care.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Entropy Trap
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Microsoft deserves an L. If you had looked at what Microsoft did with CoPilot, then you'll certainly see why they don't care.
Microsoft deserved L's for years now, I am just shocked they are the ones posting their L's

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SillyBee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*checks sales figures* well someone does.

And to be fair Bethesda did try to develop a new game... something set in space or something... didn't go well.

View attachment 441584
It's amazing how stagnant the studio is and how they still make so much money just on Skyrim alone lmao

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Maybe as bad as Phil is, they can't think of anyone less incompetent than him
Idk why he still wants to be the "Cool gamer CEO". They dont even market games anymore. There was nothing for Hellblade 2 but "Phil Spencer is playing X game rn" is more important I guess. Bro has gained like 200lbs and dont even have a neck anymore and I even think thats part of that marketing strategy to make him look like a "real gamer".
People really think that thats him playing FR LMAOO

Aergisgeist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk why he still wants to be the "Cool gamer CEO". They dont even market games anymore. There was nothing for Hellblade 2 but "Phil Spencer is playing X game rn" is more important I guess. Bro has gained like 200lbs and dont even have a neck anymore and I even think thats part of that marketing strategy to make him look like a "real gamer".
People really think that thats him playing FR LMAOO
There's a large number of kids, tweens, and teens that see a "cool guy" "playing" games and that's enough to sell them on it. I mean, we can also look at Todd Howard, professional of directing good ideas to mediocre games. yet people still love him and his works, and all his marketing is "It's me, Todd, buy my game, it's cool. I worked on this game y'know? That's why it's good"

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here at Microsoft, we have zero ability to create compelling content on our own anymore. But f*** it who cares, we can just buy whatever studio we want. We got deep pockets biyatches. If Nintendo won't sell to us, we might just buy the country of Japan and thus we own everything in it, including Sony as well.

Reactions: btei

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
There's a large number of kids, tweens, and teens that see a "cool guy" "playing" games and that's enough to sell them on it. I mean, we can also look at Todd Howard, professional of directing good ideas to mediocre games. yet people still love him and his works, and all his marketing is "It's me, Todd, buy my game, it's cool. I worked on this game y'know? That's why it's good"
Lmao you really think people know who is Phil Spencer other than middle age men with health problems like him? Who you think he is? Lebron, a tiktoker, twitch streamer or who? Lmao I bet people find Andrew Tate WAY cooler than that nobody that can barely move. He should retire.

PlayStation and Nintendo do none of that and they have the majority of the market.

btei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Here at Microsoft, we have zero ability to create compelling content on our own anymore. But f*** it who cares, we can just buy whatever studio we want. We got deep pockets biyatches.

we all know what happens with IPs microsoft gets their hands on after a while. halo is a sad example, and the recent buyouts of other studios with successful games and closures are just embarrassing examples of what happens when microsoft has control/oversight on things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Greetings, Gentlemen