Hacking Phantasy Star Zero

Huepow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried everything to get Phantasy Star Zero working on AceKard2. I've been able to get the game to load using a cheat database that has the required codes in it for PS0 but the game always locks up at the end of character create. Also, I've tried using DSATM to patch the cheat into the ROM itself, and that still doesn't work.

Anyone know what's wrong here? And if you've gotten it working on yours - how?

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used AKAIO 1.3b2, with the AKAIO loader, downloaded the newest CHEAT.DAT from the internal cheat updater, enabled the Piracy Bypass cheat (try hitting Select to save the selected cheats), and it works fine.

Huepow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm yeah. I've tried all that. I still get the same problem with not being able to get past character create.

I must be missing something here. >_< Is there anything I have to do so I can make it past character create?

Huepow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: Yay. Turns out I overlooked the need to turn the cheat patch on in one of the other menus. I knew I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help though guys. I know noobs can be annoying, especially when they overlook basic things.
ohmy.gif

Huepow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heheh. Honestly, I thought the selecting database, selecting the cheat, etc etc, was enough to turn them on. I didn't dawn on me that a patch for it has to be turned on from a different menu. I felt a bit silly - but glad it's working nonetheless. =P

Americaskate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am new to all this.
I am still not able to get this to work.
I am running an acekard2.1 with AKAIO.
I put in cheat.dat but I dont see anything about a piracy fix.
where is it at?
I'm only getting white screens.
can anyone help out? Thanks.

Americaskate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just put in the official firmware and the game boots up so i know its not the rom.
i have a AK2i. Does anyone know a fix?
Also is there a way to run both AKAIO and the official firmware at once?
(maybe load th offical OS from within AKAIO?)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
run a clean rom dump on the recent 1.4.1 proper akaio and it will work. if that fails then turn off some of the patching and/or try the different dma modes. but the anti-piracy fix is in the firmware.

i saw narin in this thread and got all excited, then i realized its from december of 2008 -=(.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1