ROM Hack Phantasy Star Zero troubles

shouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where to start with this, but here it goes.

Problems started when I added a code to my USRCHEAT.DAT file. It was working fine before I put the cheat on and it white-screened when I loaded it with the cheat [max money]. So I figured I'd have to patch it or something for it to work with cheats, so I used the Bahamut patch, and all that did was put a Xenophobia "ad" on the top screen when I loaded it up, but wouldn't move from that. So then I downloaded a clean ROM and replaced the patched one, and now the clean one won't pick up my save I had from when I first put it on there.

Running AKAIO 1.5

Also, don't know if this has to do with anything, but when I load it up, it loads with green letters instead of red like my other ROMs do and like it did before this whole incident.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you patch the ROM (Bahamut and Xenophobia's ROMs are the same), you need to press "A" to get pass the logo screen.
The patch bypasses an online Antipiracy check that also effects drop rate, however you're better off using the AR code.

As for the game not picking up your save, you need to name the ROM the SAME EXACT name as the save.

For the money code, you need to press select and it will appear in your inventory.
I would suggest not being on a menu screen when you press the button.

You can find the AntiPiracy code here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2409941
Just add it to your cheats file and enable it.

shouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got the code to work and the game to start (had to enable soft-reset), but my save file still isn't showing up in character selection. They're both named exactly the same.

acturus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
sometimes the save extention gets changed on accident, it can be .nds.sav or just .sav for example, check and make sure your loader is saving under the same extension (you'll have to browse to it on your pc first to find out what your old save is)

shouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to start over. It's not a big deal. This way I know my save won't mess up and everything will work correctly. Thanks for all the help, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-