Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

hoshea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
finally this game got its translation project, i'm really tired reading the translated guide while playing psp2i, i'll expect this translation project forward, though the english PSP2 savedata can be imported as JPN PSP2 savedata via PSP2i Import menu (with little folder renaming tricks).

good luck guys..

Zio_Infinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh guys! its really apreciated a small update, its good to see the patch its still going and well. Thanks again for translating my favorite game on PSP

insertcoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys rock!! another cheer up for you all for making this translation project, translating one of the best game ever, you deserve an award!!!

Eiseii

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i'm so happy that this game will be translated. One of my Favourite game in PSP. Cant wait the game to be translated. I CHEER YOU GUYS!! :toot::toot::toot:

DiogoN96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Random guy on the internet with an existential epifany here:
I've been fowllowing english patching projects for a while now, some of wich have ended, others that were given up before completing the patch. But I've only shown my apretiation for one or two. But for some divine inspiration or something I've decided to peform the well deserved social convention of thanking to all the good people who give their time and effort on all the projects
i'm currently following, and as you probably have deduced by now, this one happens to be one of them. So, much obliged: you guys score phenomenally high in the kind-o-meter. Seriously, I checked.
But seriosly, failed attempts to write something fancy aside (sorry btw, i'm very bored right now), thank you so mutch, you guys rock!

Reactions: JamRules

Albire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there!
As some one who has seen many other translations come and go, and has been watching this thread since it started I just want to say that everything looks amazing so far.
I can't wait to see the quality work that you have all put so much time and effort in to produce.

Keep up the good work! :D

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrFwibbles has put together a great video showing of just some of the hard work the team has been putting into this translation project.

The build shown is still in progress and as you'll see that there's plenty still to be done,
this is a taste of what you can look forward to when the final patch is released.

We will be releasing the patch as a complete patch, so no releases to we're done,
currently there's no fixed date for when this will be but things are proceeding well.

A big thanks to everyone who is patiently supporting us and the team members making this possible:
ArasKarasu
LoliRam
MrFwibbles
Weyu

Special thanks to everyone else who helped make this possible, including:
DeviFoxx - for giving permission to use this comprehensive guide
(http://www.devimension.com/dona/psp2i_guide_download.html)
essen – for research into .nbl
fuzziqer – for research into prs encryption

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I own both a 3DS and Vita but my three most anticipated handheld releases are probably for the PSP (this, Yakuza and Nayuta). Thank you for doing what the big name publishers wouldn't. :wub: Hope the team will be able to complete this. I imagine it's a very big undertaking. :bow:

The PSP could have been so much more than what the western publishers and SCEA let it be.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How tight is GBAtemp policy against swearing? I need some "resources" to better express my feelings. For now I'll just keep drooling here, please mind your step.

Awesome, awesome news after a tiresome day. Take your sweet time finishing this project, because now I can't take mine to play through it and certainly could care less to drop everything and spend the week on it. My sincere thanks to everyone involved, this is a great gift for me and those who love Phantasy Star.

And whoa, by endgame you're quite tankish! Mobs were quite into ripping my body and soul on PSP2 :)

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just about died of happiness with that video. I know you're not going to release an unfinished version of it to everyone, but perhaps we can work something out. ;) No really though, this is amazing. I can't wait for this, and to continue making Youtube videos of this game.

Majima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Majima hey majima, what game is that "yakuza" for the psp? haven't heard of it before...

This one. It seems to be coming along nicely and has a dedicated team just like PSP Infinity. It doesn't feature the same main character as the PS2/3/4 games and combat isn't the same either but the game seems really good. It has a sequel too but the translation happening right now is just for the first game.

DiogoN96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Majima Wow, it does look like something i'd play. And the font and colors on their translation look very professional. I'll be sure to keep an eye open for that project. Just one more question though, is the story related to those other games or is it a stand-alone one (not counting the sequel ofcourse)?

Mataxia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account here just to say I can't wait for this and thanks for making it happen! I had only been checking the thread on PSO World about this and I was getting worried because there wasn't any talk about it for quite a while, but now that I've checked this thread I'm pumped to see the project is alive and well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on