1. AskaLangly

AskaLangly Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    60FPS cheat works, but audio stutters in big areas.

2. metastase

metastase Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wow I'm not gonna lie guys, I never thought this translation would actually be finished. Ever since coldbird started giving lame excuses way back then, it was already clear that translating this game would be no walk in the park. And quite a few people have tried since then only to fail as well.

Even if my hype for this game has died a long time ago, even if all of my Phantasy Star friends have moved on to other things with no chance of coming back to this, and even if all 3 of my PSPs I was trying to save for this game are all busted, above all else I'm really impressed by the tenacity of the people involved in this project. Just the fact that this got done is monumental. Congratz. It was quite nostalgic being able to import my PSPo2 save file (which was imported from PSPo1) only to find all the little things I did back then in preparation for an english Infinity patch that never came...until now (like leaving my unsealed Kokuintou Houzuki unextended on purpose just so I could use it with the Rebirth system one day).

I do have 2 questions though.

- Is there anything I can do to avoid/minimize "network error" in Multimode (playing alone)? Alternatively, does anybody know if completing Infinity Missions can trigger Urgent Missions? If not, it's better to just run them in story mode, right? (I'm running the crash fix codes)

- Any guide or explanation on how to create Infinity Missions? I have no idea how to fuse them, I don't even know how to check my Synthesis Points or what is their purpose?

3. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Both should work, it's just that pallete speed is tied to the framerate and it might be too fast for your taste.

Check the lobby for NPC tutorials; the terminal explains some stuff too. DeviFoxx guide also has a dedicated section for IM fusing and all that.

Anubis1101 likes this.
  4. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    I just tried a comparison mission run with and without the patch linked to in the first post and everything seemed to work like normal, even though the patch was called uncapped palette.
    Why call it uncapped if it's the opposite of that though? It's just confusing.

5. EldurRaesir

EldurRaesir Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I believe they call it Uncapped because the weapon and armor pallet swap was capped at the 30 FPS framerate, that code uncaps it and allows it to work with the 60 FPS gameplay code.

6. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    I guess it's just that when I read uncapped it sounds like it runs faster than it's supposed to.

7. metastase

metastase Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You're talking about the Ravence NPC right? Here is what he has to say about Synthesizing Infinity Missions:
    "(to improve mission codes)...You could synthesize one with the same area, or one with the same monsters..."

This just makes it more confusing. Now that the download for DeviFoxx's guide finally didn't fail on me, correct me if I'm wong but according to DeviFoxx what the Ravence NPC suggested doesn't actually do anything does it? If you synth a Base and a Plus with the same area or monsters, there is no benefit right?

As for the info in DeviFoxx guide, I still don't get how are we supposed to follow some of his general suggestions. For example:

- How do you make sure the 2 types of enemies you want get transferred into a mission? Are enemy types determined by Area? If so, is 1 type hardcoded by Area and the other can be random?

- What determines the power of Special Effects? I mean, what do I need to do to make something like 35% EXP become 50% EXP? Fuse 2 35% EXP missions?

I just don't wanna start messing with this stuff only to to realize I've done something wrong and wasted my points and codes y'know.

Also another question: If I quickly get to LVL 50 and Rebirth, that will give me +4 Ability Slots right? But what if I get to 50 and Rebirth again? Will this give me another 4 slots earlier than what I could get by LVLing up Types or the 1st +4 is all I'm gonna get?

Last edited by metastase, Nov 26, 2020
  8. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Never delved too deeply in that aspect of the game so I can't say much. DeviFoxx looked pretty thorough from a quick glance.

Work only once, the other 4 come from Type Lv.

---

Finished uploading Episode 2 to my channel. I wanted to do something cooler now that the translation is out, but until I get any ideas at least someone can enjoy the translation, and maybe the game it they find anything interesting.

Last edited by Fefo, Nov 26, 2020
    Anubis1101, JamRules and Weyu like this.
  9. ghgh3022

ghgh3022 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    i tried it and i have the same prob the blast badge cant be removed the original rom has 7 options while the patch has only 6
    @JamRules @Anubis1101 @Weyu

Last edited by ghgh3022, Nov 27, 2020
    JamRules likes this.
  10. metastase

metastase Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I really enjoyed your random gameplay videos doing some Infinity Missions with commentary (even though it's in BR Portuguese). I was thinking about going deep into Infinity Mission Synthesis but I want to do Episode 2 1st, I barely even touched it yet.

On the very 1st day I started playing, I made a new character and got to LVL 50 for the 1st Rebirth (pretty much only through DLC Infinity Missions and the 1st Tactical Mission on Multi Mode). After seeing some other videos and comments online, it seems like there is a demand for strategies on how to start Infinity and quickly get on the groove of the good stuff. I mean, sure, some players can just enjoy story modes and unlock the Magashi mission later but I'm seeing a lot of people who don't have that kind of patience anymore (including my real life friends and PSPo2 veterans) AND they don't understand just how quickly you can get things done in Infinity.

Maybe a video on this subject would help attract more players? I jumped in pretty much blind and I didn't know what I was doing so there is plenty of room for optimizations. Some things I've noticed that may be relevant:

- Password weapons are rigged to have a higher chance of having 60% Elemental Attribute. Doesn't take many resets to get one very quickly (I can't get NEUTRAL through, is this just how it is?).
    - If all you want early on from Infinity Missions is quick LVLs, restarting the mission after spotting some nasty spawns saves a lot of time.
    - I don't remember anymore if PSPo2 vanilla was like this too but on Infinity, Tactical Mission enemy LVLs on Story vs Multi Mode are not the same. The 1st Tactical Mission has LV5 enemies whereas in Multi they are LVL20+ (I quickly used this mission to fill the low EXP gap between the easiest Infinity Missions and the next tier which is too hard). I used a 60% LIGHT password weapon and some trash DARK armor for this, all enemies here are DARK.

I didn't even see what's up with the Trade Missions yet. I'm sure there's gotta be some juicy optimization somewhere in there as well. What about those CAFE NPC quests, anything fast and good in there?

11. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Are there any plans to fix this? It seems pretty inconvenient having to switch between Japanese and English games just to remove blast badges.

12. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    @metastase yeah, I'm probably getting a cast char to play around with SUVs and maybe I'll get something like that for myself at least.

Some trade missions give you great weapons for free or almost it, like Nightmare Something daggers and Cho Hee and the other busted 80% weapons.

Unless it's unfixable it should come on a new patch. But any reason to remove it outside of style? You can toogle between others directly.

13. JamRules

JamRules .....

United States
    Most people probably use the one with uncapped speed, the original 60 fps cheats has a lot slower palette swapping than 30 fps. It was easiest just to remove the cap than to try and fix the scaling

Probably not an issue in this case.
    I guess the plugins are probably designed to take up space that isn’t normally used

I need to check what causes this

Last edited by JamRules, Nov 27, 2020
    Silvor likes this.
  14. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Yeah I guess it's more just nice to have as a customizing option and have it work as intended.
    The equip multiple visual modules bug seems bit more serious since it actually has gameplay implications since they can affect stats.

15. ryuzakimorgoth

Newcomer

Canada
    Hey guys, I just found out about this yesterday and I started playing. I got a PC more than able to handle this so I doubt its the issue, but I have these weird texture pop ins, is there anything that can be done? I am using the latest PPSSPP build, its not going to prevent me from playing, but i'd like to be able to fix this.
    Here is the issue in action through screenshots.

Attached Files:

16. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    PSP draw distance, nothing to do unless someone can hack it.

JamRules and Anubis1101 like this.
  17. Anubis1101

Anubis1101 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Some of this stuff you're just gonna have to test and figure out for yourself. I've created a bunch of mission codes, and while I don't fully understand some details of it, most of it is pretty straightforward once you try it. There are a few people out there that have been messing around with it for years, so do some searching and you'll likely find more info.

As for the rebirth thing, I think it'd be pretty problematic to give the player +4 slots every single time they rebirthed. The first is the only you get. And due to the points given at higher levels, it's better to wait anyway. Rebirthing early is wasteful. Do it once for the slots, then not again until 180+ at the very least.

Also, save states let you test all of this stuff basically risk-free, so make use of them!

Last edited by Anubis1101, Nov 28, 2020
    JamRules likes this.
  18. Fencie

Fencie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Did anything change about how you obtain the "true" ending in Ep1? I'm following a gamefaqs guide but am only getting the title for the "good" ending despite s-ranking all the missions and making the good dialogue options

19. Darkstardust

Darkstardust Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Is that including the side stories from tactical missions?

20. Fencie

Fencie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ahh, I forgot about tactical missions. That's got to be the missing component. Will try those

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Localization, Phantasy, Portable