Phantasy Star Nova Translation [We need your help!]

image.jpeg

:arrow: Patch updated! See http://arks-layer.com/nova.php for the latest version and help on installing it.

Current status of Nova translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- Files modified, patching possible! ✔
- Proof of concept created! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! ✔
- Finish with our new fontmap tool so we can do a proper textdump and find out where all these strings are hiding! ✔

To do:

- Translate stuff! \ o /

Feel free to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/PSO2

Thanks for reading, and here's to more vita games being translated! o/

Last edited by AIDA,

synthsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gatekeeping at best. anyway I managed to get through all the unnecessary stuff and finally got the patch after a lot of wasted time.
You need to register a discord account,then register to their server,then click on a tiny sushi icon at the bottom of a wall of text in the section "rules and roles" ,then click the JP nova channel and finally going to the pin icon on the top of the page to open a pinned post where the actual download link lies well stowed away from unworthy eyes.

We put our builds behind Discord as they're not final. Once the patch is final, we'll update the first post with the finalized links, as well as our website.

Reactions: Ghoul43

Ghoul43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
We put our builds behind Discord as they're not final. Once the patch is final, we'll update the first post with the finalized links, as well as our website.
Sorry if it was asked many times before but what's gonna be in a "final" patch?
Full game with story and everything else or just menus?

synthsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it was asked many times before but what's gonna be in a "final" patch?
Full game with story and everything else or just menus?

It's going to take a while, proofreading takes a lot of time and the people who originally volunteered to help proofread have bailed out or ghosted us. We're not just focusing on nova afterall.

The patch for the most part is done, but the story translation is so raw, that gordon ramsay would dog on us for it. A final patch would be when we're comfortable with how the translation overall is and no weird bugs/crashes. It's really helpful when we receive feedback on the patch, hence why we're on discord on the first place as checking forums such as this are for the most part, a relic of the past.

Reactions: Ghoul43

Waifu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried a patch back in 2016 or something for this game, but it didn't go beyond the tutorial. How for is this project now?

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a patch back in 2016 or something for this game, but it didn't go beyond the tutorial. How for is this project now?
I popped my head in the Phantasy Star Fleet discord that's on the translation's website and latest that was said as of last month was "everything required to play has been translated and the story needs to be proofread".

Reactions: cearp

Waifu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I popped my head in the Phantasy Star Fleet discord that's on the translation's website and latest that was said as of last month was "everything required to play has been translated and the story needs to be proofread".

Do you have a download link for the patch?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's in the discord linked in the original post. I know it's kind of a hassle but they're checking more frequently there as opposed to here for feedback.
Are there plans to release the DL link elsewhere (i.e., GameBanana, etc.)?

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know and you'd probably have to ask anyone actually working on it. I would imagine they would put it elsewhere and the current situation is only temporary given the current file has DEBUG in its name.

Reactions: SylverReZ

synthsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, we don't mind if people spread the links to whatever hosting site or forum/discord/irc chat/slack, just know that you can only get up-to-date links from the occasional posts like these on this forum or in our discord server.

For now, here's our current patch: Link
Ignore the DEBUG part, it's a line from our buildbot to let us know the difference between release and testing.

And here's our translated cutscenes: Link
I had fancier subs, but I seem to have misplaced the thumb drive they were on in-between moving drives around.

Both of these require rePatch and the latest update for Nova.

Reactions: Ghoul43 and Tsukiru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto