ROM Hack Phantasy Star 0: UNDUB and JP Weapon Project

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I could hold your items if you like(unless you've got it working?), if you decide to accept my offer I'll need the name you used for the character, the numbers for customization(head, color, voice etc.), and you'll need to trade a copy of your MAG.

SQUALO DENSETSU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
haflore said:
Then I could hold your items if you like(unless you've got it working?), if you decide to accept I'll need the name you used for the character, the numbers for customization(head, color, voice etc.), and you'll need to trade a copy of your MAG.
??
blink.gif

You mean starting a new character for me?!
ph34r.gif

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed! These are my designs exactly! Of course you'll need to keep a copy of your original save for safety, as will I.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
SQUALO DENSETSU said:
Mmmm.. I' haven't a JP save file, i've started to play with the USA version (now i'm at lvl85 with my Racast).
I've tried to download the JP version and use the USA save file (renaming it
wacko.gif
) but don't work, the game starts without saves
hate2.gif
However thanks for the answers...
wink2.gif

I'm sure you did something wrong when renaming the files. Try again because I guarantee it'll work.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
CamulaHikari said:
Hiya people, I was just wondering, if you cant edit the .mod files.
Would it help if you changed the extension first, (like to mpeg or somthing) edit it then and afterwards change it back?

I also found a mod editor, don't know if it helps:
http://www.modconverter.net/mod-editor.html

Sorry, but.. it doesn't work, because the filesystem that we need to edit is .MODS not .MOD, and are 2 types of different files.
If you try to open a video with that program, the program fails to open it.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering another thing, just looked at the EU verion of the rom.
And it's nothing different.

But what are the -> text_sub_xx (xx = 01, 02 etc) in the text folder of the event folder?
Just wondering, I'm not very good with this kinda stuff >.<

Ja ne, Cammy

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

For some odd reason this patch causes my wifi games to freeze(before the map or characters load, top screen is white,bottom screen is frozen). I loaded a clean version instead & used the Bypass AP code with AK2i AKAIO 1.5.1 & all is well, I'm not sure where I went wrong with the patch...I used the proper release & all. Oh well at least online works now
laugh.gif

NetSphereEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! I'm not demanding anything but do you guys think this can be a full undub like in one week or something like that? :lol: I mean fix all the things TyRaNtM said in the first post:

c) What we need to finish 100%:- JP Items didn't have the special sound like the original (at least Mario's Warp Pipe Bazooka sounds like a generic Bazooka).
- JP Items have the same name as a generic weapon. For example, Hylia Shield is called Shield, but IS Hylia Shield.
- Able to edit the .mods files (video scenes) and undub it.

RukaRoaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New thread for this game, but is necessary, because i have a lot of information to tell to all interested in this.
I started with the UNDUB project, because this game was ugly dubbed, in special, the opening theme.
I manage to fix that, but others problems starting to show. Now i manage to fix nearly all problems:

a) UNDUB is nearly finished:
- Japanese voices (when the character or your partner attacks).
- Press Start Screen: In the previous version, this screen didn't have sound, NOW have the original JP music.
- Opening Theme: In japanese, WITH the US video (you only notice the difference when you see the video and show the part of the logo of Phantasy Star Zero with japanese characters under the logo).
b) Japanese Items:
- I manage to find the way to have the JP items in the US version. Is a texture file that I reinserted and magic! JP items without problems.
c) What we need to finish 100%:
- JP Items didn't have the special sound like the original (at least Mario's Warp Pipe Bazooka sounds like a generic Bazooka).
- JP Items have the same name as a generic weapon. For example, Hylia Shield is called Shield, but IS Hylia Shield.
- Able to edit the .mods files (video scenes) and undub it.

* PATCH: PS0_UNDUB_V2 | MIRROR
- YOU NEED TO USE THIS VERSION OF PS0: Phantasy_Star_Zero_USA_PROPER_NDS-BAHAMUT without trim (128 mb).
Note: After patching the game, you can trim it!

* Action Replay code to bypass the AP (by KazoWAR):
- This patch DOESN'T modify the ID of the game, having the SAME ID as the original game, so, the AR codes are 100% compatible with this patch, so here is the AR code for the AP.
- If you want, you can use DSATM to patch (in this patch) the AR code and not have to use it with a cheat.
020C5464 E3A00000
020C5468 E12FFF1E
020C557C E3A00000
020C5580 E12FFF1E
020C590C E3A00000
020C5910 E12FFF1E
020C5A14 E3A00000
020C5A18 E12FFF1E
020C5EBC E3A00000
020C5EC0 E12FFF1E
020C5F7C E3A00000
020C5F80 E12FFF1E
020C603C E3A00000
020C6040 E12FFF1E
020C6114 E3A00000
020C6118 E12FFF1E

* More Technical Information:
If you want to know what files was modified, this are some:
a) sound/sound_data_bgm.sdat:
- This file have all music files.
- US version have a extra file, and that's the reason that my first undub doesn't have music in the press start screen. (Now is Fixed!)
- I replaced some internal files in the .sdat file, like SEQ_BGM_TITLE.sseq with a copy version of SEQ_BGM_MAIN.sseq (original used by JP version).
- In .sdat, i reinserted 083-STRM_OPENING.STRM with the JP version, making posible the JP Opening Theme.
b) sound_data_se.sdat -> Character voices, a simple replaced action to have JP voices.
c) items/weapons.zarc -> Items textures. (Now has the JP items!)

Test and enjoy. If you want to contribute with this project, post your discoveries here.
Oh, and BTW, with the patch, the game trimmed have the size of 115mb and not 116 like the US version unpatched.
biggrin.gif

Would it be possible to make a code that could swap the teleporter while online to "Eternal Tower" *Very Hard*? The Eternal Tower quest is not available online, and I have some friends who want to play it online. If you ever noticed, the teleporter always points to the area that is selected (quest or free run) and the Eternal Tower has its own symbol on the Teleporter/clock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: