OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updated To 1.1.8

https://github.com/GDX-X/PFS-BatchKit-Manager/releases
  • Added HDD Cache: Improves loading time; no need to scan partitions every time.
  • Added LNG Language files transfer for OPL Resources.
  • Added Full support for compressed formats (.Zip, .7z, .RAR) during installation of PS2 games.
  • Added Option to hide HDL partitions while installing PS2 games.
  • Added Improvement for detecting hidden, unhidden, or converted partitions.
  • Added Further improvement for cloning HDD.
  • Added Original date format for PSBBN info.sys. Example: 20051002.
  • Added The ability to add [PS1] or a custom prefix in front of shortcut names for PS1 games in the OPL APPS TAB.
  • Added Download ART cover for PS1 games in OPL APPS (Dokan Driver required for internal HDD).
  • Added Display of total used and available HDD size.
  • Added Display of game names instead of partition names during the scan of PS2 partitions.
  • Added More PS2 Icons for HDD-OSD 3215 Icons!
  • Fixed A bug that caused a crash when several PS2-formatted hard drives were connected simultaneously.
  • Fixed Dump header for hidden partitions.
  • Fixed After mounting a partition with pfsfuse, the chosen partition window will automatically appear in Explorer.
  • Fixed Name conflict if two games with the same name use a different region.
  • Fixed Partitions converted for PSBBN/XMB will no longer be visible in hidden partitions.
  • Change When detecting __.POPS# partitions, it will only show the detected ones and not the full list.
  • Updated Title Database for PS1 & PS2.
  • Updated Download link for ARTs.
  • Other fixes and improvements.
  • Much less spaghetti code.
  • PFS BatchKit Manager can water your plants! 😂

• Love
Reactions: zfreeman and CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @GDX appreciate the work you're doing, keep it up! 👍
Also i wanted to ask, if it's possible to scan/ add (PS2 & PS1) OPL art to the internal hdd just by connecting with the ethernet adapter? i know that you can do that with the hdd on a enclosure, but it's a bit of a pain if you add games regularly (and not doing it once in bulk)..
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: GDX

GDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey @GDX appreciate the work you're doing, keep it up! 👍
Also i wanted to ask, if it's possible to scan/ add (PS2 & PS1) OPL art to the internal hdd just by connecting with the ethernet adapter? i know that you can do that with the hdd on a enclosure, but it's a bit of a pain if you add games regularly (and not doing it once in bulk)..
Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can do it, just connect your hard drive to the NBD server, then it will be recognized as a locally connected hard drive.

Reactions: CoolMe

GDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
specifically the NBD server

you can start the server with OPL and communicate with it from PFS Batchkit Manager

You must enable the write options in the OPL settings to have access to NBD server

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
specifically the NBD server

you can start the server with OPL and communicate with it from PFS Batchkit Manager

You must enable the write options in the OPL settings to have access to NBD server
Ok, thanks for the assistance. will try it out later.

Abwezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a dedicated NBD server app like there is for the HDL server? I can't get NBD server on OPL to work it crashes the instant I try, no error. I have messaged the devs on github but in the meantime are you aware of another way?

Abwezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there is no dedicated application, the only solution would be to temporarily use an old version of OPL for the NBD server

you can try this one
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/G...ain/PFS-BatchKit-Manager/HDD-OSD/OPNPS2LD.ELF
Thank you that version gets the NBD Server running successfully on the PS2, it says so at least. But when I try to follow the guide from there and select "mount device" and input my IP I get this error: libwnbd.dll!WnbdIoctlCreate ERROR Could not create WNBD disk. Error: 1225. Error message: The remote computer refused the network connection.

I have tried disabling my firewall, turning off VPN software, as well as running the batch as admin but none have helped

Update, got it working with Static IP settings, thanks again

Last edited by Abwezi,

GDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you that version gets the NBD Server running successfully on the PS2, it says so at least. But when I try to follow the guide from there and select "mount device" and input my IP I get this error: libwnbd.dll!WnbdIoctlCreate ERROR Could not create WNBD disk. Error: 1225. Error message: The remote computer refused the network connection.

I have tried disabling my firewall, turning off VPN software, as well as running the batch as admin but none have helped

Update, got it working with Static IP settings, thanks again
OPL uses IP 192.168.1.12 by default. I think if the number 12 is already used by one of your local devices at home it will conflict instead of 12 put 50 or 222.

PatsRox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the latest version of PFS BatchKit Manager connected via BDN to my PS2 and OPL to install the Popstarter binaries and install a VCD on the hard drive. I did the binaries 1st and then copied the Crash Bandicoot VCD. PFS told me I needed a __.POPS partition so I created it before PFS would do the copy. I also copied the ART files over for it. I can see the __.POPS partition on the HDD, I also see the Crash vcd installed there. I also see all the POPSTARTER binaries, etc in the __COMMON directory. My problem is OPL doesn't see the PS1 game. I tried a recent Anniversary edition (with PS1 enabled) and also a newer regular OPL version. PFS looks like it did it's job correctly and OPL Manager recognized the file name and grabbed the art. Any ideas?
Post automatically merged:

I used the latest version of PFS BatchKit Manager connected via BDN to my PS2 and OPL to install the Popstarter binaries and install a VCD on the hard drive. I did the binaries 1st and then copied the Crash Bandicoot VCD. PFS told me I needed a __.POPS partition so I created it before PFS would do the copy. I also copied the ART files over for it. I can see the __.POPS partition on the HDD, I also see the Crash vcd installed there. I also see all the POPSTARTER binaries, etc in the __COMMON directory. My problem is OPL doesn't see the PS1 game. I tried a recent Anniversary edition (with PS1 enabled) and also a newer regular OPL version. PFS looks like it did it's job correctly and OPL Manager recognized the file name and grabbed the art. Any ideas?
I partly figured this out. I used the Game Management menu to create an App config for the PS1 game. It shows up in OPL App menu and I can launch it. The problem I have now is that I used the Download PS1 Games Shortcut App Artwork option. It ask if I want to use the HDD Internal and I select yes. I select the option to download all Art work for the PS1 App. And then it hangs on "Scanning Games Lists:". I can see it uses network bandwidth for about 2 mins then nothing. Also there is a 2nd CMD windows that opens and then closes around the same time the network bandwidth ends. Running PFS Batchkit Manager on Windows 10, running as Admin.

Last edited by PatsRox,

GDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I partly figured this out. I used the Game Management menu to create an App config for the PS1 game. It shows up in OPL App menu and I can launch it. The problem I have now is that I used the Download PS1 Games Shortcut App Artwork option. It ask if I want to use the HDD Internal and I select yes. I select the option to download all Art work for the PS1 App. And then it hangs on "Scanning Games Lists:". I can see it uses network bandwidth for about 2 mins then nothing. Also there is a 2nd CMD windows that opens and then closes around the same time the network bandwidth ends. Running PFS Batchkit Manager on Windows 10, running as Admin.
Hello,
Yes, the OPL Anniversary edition is not an official version of OPL and is no longer updated, so it will not work.

Regarding game analysis, yes, I also have this bug; I must have forgotten something.
A next update will be released with this bug fixed.

I wanted to know if you used an NBD server. If yes, did the creation of the cache or when you installed the PS2 game take more than 10 minutes?

PatsRox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Yes, the OPL Anniversary edition is not an official version of OPL and is no longer updated, so it will not work.

Regarding game analysis, yes, I also have this bug; I must have forgotten something.
A next update will be released with this bug fixed.
Great, looking forward to this. PFS Batchkit is a great utility for the PS2!
I wanted to know if you used an NBD server. If yes, did the creation of the cache or when you installed the PS2 game take more than 10 minutes?
I am using the NBD server. The cache takes a while, not sure if it is 10mins total. The PS2 games install does take more than 10 minutes. I thought it would be fast as the laptop and PS2 are connected via ethernet cable to the same router.

The WNBD is supper slow for me when installing PS1 games to the PS2. It takes 30 to 40mins per game. Wondering if there is connection issues or resetting that is happening? (I am a novice in this area). I noticed this note in the WINDB documentation:

By default, Storport allows up to 1000 concurrent IO requests per adapter and 255 requests per disk. This may be insufficient for large workloads, which is why the WNBD IO limits can be adjusted using the following settings:

• MaxIOReqPerAdapter - min: 1, max: 131072
  • MaxIOReqPerLun - min: 1, max: 1024
I also noted this description on the cloudbase performance page for WNBD:
https://cloudbase.it/ceph-on-windows-performance/

WNBD​

As stated in the previous post, our initial approach was to attach RBD images using the NBD protocol. That didn’t deliver the performance that we were hoping for, mostly due to the Winsock Kernel (WSK) framework, which is why we implemented from scratch a more efficient IO channel. For convenience, you can still use WNBD as a standalone NBD client for other purposes, in which case you may be interested to knowing how well it performs. It manages to deliver 933MB/s on WS 2019 and 280MB/s on WS 2016 in this test environment.

At the moment, rbd-wnbd uses DeviceIoControl to retrieve IO requests and send IO replies back to the WNBD driver, which is also known as inverted calls. Unlike the RBD NBD server, libwnbd allows adjusting the number of IO dispatch workers. The following table shows how the number of workers impacts performance. Keep in mind that in this specific case, we are benchmarking the driver connection, so no data gets transmitted from / to the Ceph cluster. This gives us a glimpse of the maximum theoretical bandwidth that WNBD could provide, fully saturating the available CPUs:

+---------+------------------+
| Workers | Bandwidth (MB/s) |
| 1 | 1518 |
| 2 | 2917 |
| 3 | 4240 |
| 4 | 5496 |
| 8 | 11059 |
| 16 | 13209 |
| 32 | 12390 |

I don't know if any of the above setting are available or would help with speed.

Last edited by PatsRox,
Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol