Hacking Hardware Homebrew Problem With PS2 Network Adapter and SATA HDD

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hello Guys.I have a strange problem with my PS2 SCPH-50001 and official Sony Network Adapter with Bitfunx Sata Modification.I tried many things,including checking the fuses and everything that found in internet.Here is a problem.I Put my Sata HDD in PS2 to format it in WLaunchElf or UlauncherElf,and after that i want to install FHDB from FMCB Installation.I format my hdd in hddmanager,after that i see all directories in hddmanager and go to FHDB Installation,click on install and it says that hard drive needs to be formatted.But how,i have formatted it already?Okay,I give it a go,press yes and then it says installation failed.I go back to UlaunchElf and what do I see there?HDD,Connected yes,formatted no,again as it was before.I tried formatting hard drive in PFS Shell,PFS Batchkit Manager,WinHiip, everything that could be,but when I put HDD in PS2,i go to WlaunchElf,again it says Connected Yes,Formatted No,nothing in hdd0 folder and after trying to install FHDB,I am getting the same I wrote before.Tried Many hard drives,stopped at Hitachi right now,but nothing works.Pretty stuck on that,i can see no mistakes in what I am doing,have followed all of tutorials found in internet and can't solve my problem.Could you help me please?

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
What GB/TB size HDD?
80GB,I have tried many types of sizes,but when I format it with PFS Shell,Or PFS Batchkit Manager,I go to soft called IsoBuster and see all the partitions,including _mbr.When I insert it in console,it says Connected Yes,Formatted No.No folders and partitions in hdd0 folder.So not able to install FHDB,OPL Doesn't recognize games,if i put it on hard drive through winhiip or other soft,it is like that always,no matter which hard drive I Try.

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
You tried another spare HDD adapter?
Yes,yesterday i got new adapter from Amazon,original Sony,then i made a modification with bitfunx sata,after that I attached hard drive to it and put in the console,and now it seemed different.So now hdd modules are loading much more time in WLaunchElf,and I see yellow light-console is trying to read hdd.But in the end I get:
HDD STATUS
Connected No,Formatted No.
Starting to think that bitfunx sata modification is working bad,because the whole console,and both network adapters I've checked were good.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes,yesterday i got new adapter from Amazon,original Sony,then i made a modification with bitfunx sata,after that I attached hard drive to it and put in the console,and now it seemed different.So now hdd modules are loading much more time in WLaunchElf,and I see yellow light-console is trying to read hdd.But in the end I get:
HDD STATUS
Connected No,Formatted No.
Starting to think that bitfunx sata modification is working bad,because the whole console,and both network adapters I've checked were good.
Maybe your hard drive is the culprit. Try connecting it to a pc, if it shows up remove all partitions if there are any and then try again in the ps2. If there are no partitions on the disk try and create one on the pc and see if you can write to it after a format.

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Maybe your hard drive is the culprit. Try connecting it to a pc, if it shows up remove all partitions if there are any and then try again in the ps2. If there are no partitions on the disk try and create one on the pc and see if you can write to it after a format.
Checked out everything yesterday on the PS2 MotherBoard side, everything works great there is not a single problem,checked out hdd on a pc also,every partition that should be,i have it on my hdd.So it's like sata modification kit is having a trouble,because i can hear hard drive spinning well,and it tries to read an info from it for 2-3 minutes,then it says Connected No,Formatted No.So it's like sata mod problem,because nothing is left to think about.One Adapter with this sata mod was showing Connected Yes,Formatted No,and when i formatted it and rebooted console,it said connected yes,formatted no again.When I tried new adapter with the same sata mod that i Had on previous,it said connected no,formatted no.So i tried going back to the first adapter,inserted the same sata mod there,and there too it says now connected no,formatted no,so this thing has an issue,this are my thoughts.I have ordered a new sata mod,will try it when it gets to me,in two weeks approximately.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Checked out everything yesterday on the PS2 MotherBoard side, everything works great there is not a single problem,checked out hdd on a pc also,every partition that should be,i have it on my hdd.So it's like sata modification kit is having a trouble,because i can hear hard drive spinning well,and it tries to read an info from it for 2-3 minutes,then it says Connected No,Formatted No.So it's like sata mod problem,because nothing is left to think about.One Adapter with this sata mod was showing Connected Yes,Formatted No,and when i formatted it and rebooted console,it said connected yes,formatted no again.When I tried new adapter with the same sata mod that i Had on previous,it said connected no,formatted no.So i tried going back to the first adapter,inserted the same sata mod there,and there too it says now connected no,formatted no,so this thing has an issue,this are my thoughts.I have ordered a new sata mod,will try it when it gets to me,in two weeks approximately.
That is a possibility as well. This is a link to the board I used to convert mine and haven't had a problem with it yet.
Well I tried to add the link but it's not working. It was just a no name sata upgrade kit
Hopefully the new one solves the problem for you.

Reactions: baluu2001

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
That is a possibility as well. This is a link to the board I used to convert mine and haven't had a problem with it yet.
Well I tried to add the link but it's not working. It was just a no name sata upgrade kit
Hopefully the new one solves the problem for you.
I bought a noname board too this time,first one was a bitfunx,but i think it was damaged from beginning,so thanks, appreciate your help,i will write back here when i get it and install it.

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
I bought a noname board too this time,first one was a bitfunx,but i think it was damaged from beginning,so thanks, appreciate your help,i will write back here when i get it and install it.
I bought a new sata board,it says connected yes formatted no,after i format it i go to fhdb installation and it says hdd is not formatted,i go back to WLaunchElf,it says connected yes,formatted no.So much money thrown out for nothing,nothing works,i am tired of it,i love old consoles so much and can't get it to work.

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had similar issues, i think everyone recommended formatting through uLE and other formatting options, nothing worked properly. in the end, the only thing that worked was some different format in WinHIIP, i think it was actually the Toxic OS one.

baluu2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Console died fully,after trying it to get to work with hdd's.It was turning on,spinning hdd,trying to start, after one of restarts,it died fully, did not even get to ps2 boot logo,it was like black screen and nothing more.I bought a new one,SCPH-39004 and it works flawlessly with a network adapter,no more problems for now.Not even a single problem with it.

Reactions: JackTheFroster

tokenknee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console died fully,after trying it to get to work with hdd's.It was turning on,spinning hdd,trying to start, after one of restarts,it died fully, did not even get to ps2 boot logo,it was like black screen and nothing more.I bought a new one,SCPH-39004 and it works flawlessly with a network adapter,no more problems for now.Not even a single problem with it.
I had just created a thread when I read yours here.. This is crazy!!! I literally am having the same exact issue and I have sunk quite a bit myself. 2 HDDS, 2 Sata connecters and now 2 ps2's and it always results the same way, Connected yes Format No. Its after you power off it completely resets or never truly formats the drive. I cant figure it out either but I did notice a few weird things that I mentioned in my thread, Hopefully it can help people figure a remedy to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4