PS1/2 Persona 4 + Yakuza 1/2 worth getting a PS2 for?

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really, really, REALLY want to play these games, but don't have a PS2. Would you say it's worth buying a PS2 just for these 3 games?

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hachibei said:
I really, really, REALLY want to play these games, but don't have a PS2. Would you say it's worth buying a PS2 just for these 3 games?

What are your PC's specs? There is a working PS2 emulator, but it's pretty high in the requirements department. You should buy a PS2 nevertheless. It's got a GREAT library. It's not that you'll play those three games and throw it away
tongue.gif

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joey R. said:
What are your PC's specs? There is a working PS2 emulator

HOLY CRAP.

Specs:

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, clocked at 2.6GHz
-2GB RAM (Can to upgrade to, at most, 3~3.5GB if necessary)
-Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
-GeForce 8400GS (1GB Total VRAM)

Graphics card is weak as hell, might upgrade to GeForce 8800 if my rig can support it
sleep.gif

Also, when you say the emulator works: do you mean "at least it's playable", or "runs just like a real PS2"?

And finally: the only reason I'm hesitant on getting a PS2 is because I also have a 360, but that's been slowly collecting dust ever since I beat Gears 2. That machine's getting no love from Japan :'(

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't tried the emulator yet, mainly because my rig won't run it T-T But I do believe you'll be able to get something decent with yours. Check the official website for more info. And yes, when I say "working PS2" emulator" I do say "runs just like a real PS2", at least with some games. Obviously, not every game runs at %100, but, as you can see, it's pretty decent, isn't it?
wink.gif

(Yeah, I know the quality is crappy, being recorder with a cam and all that, but it shows the game running as it runs normally. No lag from FRAPS or similar, no added background music, no fast-forwarding...)

momoies

Trophies
XP
Country
i think you should. if you like/wanna play persona 4, you mite also like playing all the other many shin megami tensei titles: digital devil saga, devil summoner etc.

plus there are LOADS of other great ps2 games. so i am recommanding you get one coz i doubt you'll be bored with it too soon.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm actually getting a PS2 this week, just because of its awesome game library. Personally, I can't wait to play Gods of War, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Guess I'm gonna have to add Persona and Yakuza to my must-play list, thanks for the inspiration.

Hachibei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
momoies said:
i think you should. if you like/wanna play persona 4, you mite also like playing all the other many shin megami tensei titles: digital devil saga, devil summoner etc.

plus there are LOADS of other great ps2 games. so i am recommanding you get one coz i doubt you'll be bored with it too soon.

I actually want to play the other SMT games, but the chances of finding those at an EB is slim to none
frown.gif

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A PS2 is a must for any gamer. A buddy gave me his a year ago and I love it. It one of the old school fat v7 units. I went ahead and installed HAD LOADER which makes the system even better.

ALMOST NO LOAD TIMES!!!

Working through God of War 2 and Persona 3 FES right now.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
i haven't played P4 yet (I might pick up a Japanese copy when I go home in a week), but my brother was playing his English copy all winter break. Aside from the shit dub, it's worth it.

Having a modded PS2 is totally, totally worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill