scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had it a couple of days back. For those of you who don't know, it's a endurance test. You need to run 20 meters across a hall and back on some music. On each side of the hall are 2 lines, which you have to cross. A beep goes, and you need to run back and so on. After 2 times bach and forth you get half a 'stair' (trap in Dutch), which is basicly and indication of how far you are.

I got stair 10.5
yay.gif
, which was one of the highest in my form. I was amazed I got that far. In the end I was running with only 1 friend of mine, all the other guys out.
smile.gif
he managed 13 though.

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not exactly the same I think, you run shorter distances, 'cause our test only gets us up to 20 stairs max, then it just stops. But the shuttle run is also a 'progressive test' as they like to called it. After every stair, the beep comes a little faster, so you need to run faster. At around stair 8, you're running, nearly sprinting, across the hall.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
It's called the beep test here and it's just 1 beep everytime you run to the other side.

I remember getting 80 something but that was 2 years ago.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
scrtmstr said:
It's not exactly the same I think, you run shorter distances, 'cause our test only gets us up to 20 stairs max, then it just stops. But the shuttle run is also a 'progressive test' as they like to called it. After every stair, the beep comes a little faster, so you need to run faster. At around stair 8, you're running, nearly sprinting, across the hall.
I'm in a bilingual stream, and my teacher calls it the shuttle run test.
And don't translate "trap" literally
tongue.gif
It's step in english.
Also, I used to get 11-12ish, but due to smoking and a lack of sports I only got to step 10 this year. (In year five of middelbare school
tongue.gif
)
EDIT: One step = one minute of running, not going back and forth twice.

scrtmstr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
scrtmstr said:
I'm in a bilingual stream, and my teacher calls it the shuttle run test.
And don't translate "trap" literally
tongue.gif
It's step in english.
Also, I used to get 11-12ish, but due to smoking and a lack of sports I only got to step 10 this year. (In year five of middelbare school
tongue.gif
)
EDIT: One step = one minute of running, not going back and forth twice.
sorry for my poor English, grade 4 VWO you know it
tongue.gif

we don't do one minute of running, at my school it's back and forth= half a step.
At the end, there's a beep every 10 seconds. You've done a different test I think.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They stopped us at 50 for the pacer, I was rolling my ass off and ready to run miles.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
we call it beep test here .
and basically, you just run across the gym and beat the beep .

the sound goes "seven one, seven two, seven three" etc etc.
and it gradually increases in each set . so lets say in 6 you run 7 times, in 7 you run 8 times .

EDIT: farthest i've ever gone was Nine 11 xD.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting this to be related to penis (yes, vulpes, I'm serious this time - the title looks like it.)

I am sorely dissapointed.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
They call these a beep test in Canada.... one beep counts as one interval... you work your way up.

I got 9.8 last year, but probably would've gotten higher if I didn't want to take a dump halfway through. Grr...

Jodyza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I absolutely HATE those tests, you run 4 times 20 m forwards en 4 times 20 m back. Then you have "trap" 1. If you dothat again then you have "trap" 2. I had trap 10. That's 1,6 km I think.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: