Homebrew PCSX ReARMed compatibility list

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i havent used this for a long time and i updated the psxreamed core luma and such and now i get an error code everytime i try to load any game and games that worked before too, what is the last known working retroarch and psxreamed version on new 3ds with luma?

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i havent used this for a long time and i updated the psxreamed core luma and such and now i get an error code everytime i try to load any game and games that worked before too, what is the last known working retroarch and psxreamed version on new 3ds with luma?
The core version that comes bundled with the latest RetroArch .cia download (v1.9.14) was the last one that worked well for me... no idea why they botched everything after that bad... just download that one reinstall it and exclude it from updates or back it up, so you can test the new updates and roll back if they are still botched.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
As i said... download the last stable build of the 3DS version from here https://retroarch.com/?page=platforms it has the last version of the core (with CHD support) that worked for me.
Same here. All my games are also in the CHD format. When I tried the nightly builds 31/12/21 and 1/1/22 they didn't work. Every game rom crashed. Yet they all worked fine on the latest stable 1.9.14. Hopefully whatever PCSX ReARMed bug was introduced into the nightly builds will be fixed in the next stable release. Although there is still the occasional crash dump error. Most roms play fine with the latest stable build.

http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/

Also noticed that dualshock controller setting only works on some games. For most other games you need to switch back to standard controls (d-pad only) otherwise no controls work in game if you select dualshock or analog for Port 1 Controls.

Last edited by g12345567,

lonestarrisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it running. It took bios that none of my other games needed. I cant remember which one though. I can pull the SD card tonight and check.

Jaxtronaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it running. It took bios that none of my other games needed. I cant remember which one though. I can pull the SD card tonight and check.
Please do! I really want to play the game, every time I try to load it up (no matter what format it's in, cue, bin, pdp, etc.) It ends up crashing my New 3DS XL

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the latest stable builds seem to have this problem with the "data abort - translation section" errors. I've instead reverted back to 1.9.12 on my N2DSXL, which was the last stable build that worked for me personally. I can confirm that PAL builds of Spyro 2 and NTSC builds of Spyro 2, both in .CHD format, verified Redumps, work fine in this version.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried out the latest stable build (with recommended settings from these threads) and I’m very impressed.

Grand Theft Auto crashes when I try to start a new game, has anyone had success with this one?

Edit: after some digging I found some 3DS-specific bugs affecting nightly builds, so I might raise a pull-request after I'm done with some testing

Edit 2: I've got things working on newer builds but still no joy for GTA. The sequel runs fine?

Last edited by scandal_uk,
Reactions: Hark0n

bwcds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried out the latest stable build (with recommended settings from these threads) and I’m very impressed.

Grand Theft Auto crashes when I try to start a new game, has anyone had success with this one?

Edit: after some digging I found some 3DS-specific bugs affecting nightly builds, so I might raise a pull-request after I'm done with some testing

Edit 2: I've got things working on newer builds but still no joy for GTA. The sequel runs fine?
Hello,

For me GTA and GTA 2 work (PAL version) on a New3DSXL, with stable 1.9.14 (do not use the nightly, PCSX is too unstable)
GTA 1 (and London extension) is just a little slow, but playable. (17 fps / 25)
GTA 2 is perfect.

But, do you have a bios file (scph****.bin, usually scph1001.bin) in your "retroarch/cores/system" folder ?

Last edited by bwcds,

gurufabbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure if it is helpful, but I like trying old school Japanese dating Sims on my 3ds:

-True Love Story 1 and 2 work fine
-Tokimeki Memorial 2
-Kojin Kyouju - La Lecon Particuliere

These have worked for me so far.

Tokimemo one has issues with the memory card meaning you have to use save states

bwcds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@gurufabbes

You can ask for write access on the google list or you can communicate here the information for each game (like on the list) and I will add it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr