Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've finally figured out how to get Action Replay cheats working on multigame discs, but the problem is this; Whenever I switch a disc out, it won't let me start the game with the Patched MIOS, which stops me from using cheats on RE4, and possibly others. And because I HAVE to switch the discs out to even use the Gamecube Backup Launcher v0.2, It's impossible start game with Patched MIOS.

So problem synopsis:
If I switch Discs in The Gamecube Backup Launcher v0.2, It gets rid of the option to start with Patched MIOS which prevents me from playing RE4 (and others maybe) with cheats.

So I need either;
A: A workaround for switching discs when you start up the Gamecube Backup Launcher v0.2 (I'm talking about the Black and White screen flickering fix)
B: A way to start the game with patched MIOS after switching discs.

Note: Do not reply with, "Just play without cheats.".

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need patched MIOS for Action Replay with WiiGator's loader? This is a very important and essential question, please only answer facts, not assumptions, also details!

If that's the case, it explains why Action Replay is broken in NeoGamma. Well it might work now with high plugin + patched MIOS.

Anyways, about patched MIOS:
There's something the loader can do/has to do in order to be able to reset the drive. (resetting the drive is required after switching discs!) It's asking the ARM part of the MIOS to do something, to finish whatever it is doing. When you did that, you can reset the drive(=switch discs), but if you boot MIOS afterwards, it will fail because that special call to the ARM was already done.
Short: I don't think that switching discs and then boot patched MIOS will work anytime soon. I don't know where to start on this, nor do i intend to do something about it.

But: If NeoGamma with high plugin + patched MIOS is finally able to boot games with Action Replay, i might be able to write something that just cycles through all games that are on a disc like this:
Boot NeoGamma
Select to boot Action Replay, single game disc or multi game disc doesn't matter
In Action Replay eject and reinsert the disc until it's at the correct game

I know that wouldn't be too nice, but it looks doable. I won't promise anything yet!

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
OP
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You need patched MIOS for Action Replay with WiiGator's loader? This is a very important and essential question, please only answer facts, not assumptions, also details!

If that's the case, it explains why Action Replay is broken in NeoGamma. Well it might work now with high plugin + patched MIOS.

Anyways, about patched MIOS:
There's something the loader can do/has to do in order to be able to reset the drive. (resetting the drive is required after switching discs!) It's asking the ARM part of the MIOS to do something, to finish whatever it is doing. When you did that, you can reset the drive(=switch discs), but if you boot MIOS afterwards, it will fail because that special call to the ARM was already done.
Short: I don't think that switching discs and then boot patched MIOS will work anytime soon. I don't know where to start on this, nor do i intend to do something about it.

But: If NeoGamma with high plugin + patched MIOS is finally able to boot games with Action Replay, i might be able to write something that just cycles through all games that are on a disc like this:
Boot NeoGamma
Select to boot Action Replay, single game disc or multi game disc doesn't matter
In Action Replay eject and reinsert the disc until it's at the correct game

I know that wouldn't be too nice, but it looks doable. I won't promise anything yet!

I don't need patched MIOS to play ARM, but i need it to play RE4. RE4 won't load up without it. period. I can load up mostly any game with cheats, but any game that needs to be patched with MIOS won't work when it asks me to insert my game in ARM. I've tried various methods, but nothing works.

About what you were saying about the ARM and patched MIOS after switching discs, you're not understanding the problem. To open up Wiigator's GC Backup Launcher 0.2, I have to load a single NTSC GC game. The only one I happen to have is the Backup ARM. After loading that up, I have to switch discs to play any other games I have. I don't know if it's the ARM that's getting rid of the Patched MIOS option, or if it's something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again