Patch/DLC Converter (SD Decryptor) Guide originally by tjexp

First of all, this will not work if you have formatted your sysNand.
I am not responsible if you do something wrong and damage your 3DS

Updated with v2 - DLC guide / File name fix

Black = General guide (follow this mostly)
Red = Update conversion
Blue = DLC conversion

I'll guide you through how to convert eShop updates so you can share them with others. The same method can be used for DLC/Themes

Grab python 2.7: https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

IMPORTANT: If you want your Update/DLC to look official and only give update notifications when there is a later update
then: Download Update/DLC from eShop and load DevMenu and find your games ID in the list of programs > Write down
the version number for example 2.4.0

1) Open 3DS_SD_Decryptor folder
2) Point CMD to the 3DS_SD_Decryptor folder (example: cd C:\Users\lostpants\Desktop\Patch Converter v2\SD_Decrypter)
3) Decrypt SD card by using cmd with: SDinfo_gen.py "G:/Nintendo 3DS/firstIDhere/secondIDhere/" (replace the G with your drive letter)
(The ID's are long numbers/letters)
A SDinfo.bin will be made

4) Place Launcher.dat and SDinfo.bin on SD card and create xorpads by launching DS profile mode with GW exploit installed (This will create a lot of xorpads, need big SD)

5) Find decrypted xorpads of the updates you want, they are sorted by Unique ID's (Pokemon X update was: title.0004000e.00055d00.content.00000002.app.xorpa d)
5) DLC will normally start with title.0004008c then your Unique game ID
6) Find the original file on your SD card in the Nintendo 3DS folder, They will both have same file size and would be inside
a folder with the games unique ID (if it's a patch It will end in .app - example 00000002.app)
Patches are normally found within the Title/0004000e folder / DLC is found within the Title/0004008c folder
7) Move both files (the xorpad and original file) to the make_cia for updates or makerom for DLC directory

image.png

8) Open CMD and point it to the above folder (example: cd C:\Users\lostpants\Desktop\Patch Converter v2\make_cia)(cd C:\Users\lostpants\Desktop\Patch Converter v2\makerom for DLC)9) Enter the following and replace the boxes:
padxorer [originalfilename].app [xorpadname].app.xorpad
Code:
Example: padxorer 00000002.app title.0004000e.00055e00.content.00000002.app.xorpad
You will need to do this multiple times for DLC as most have multiple files
image.png

You should get a .out file

10) Use CMD again and enter the following and replace the needed parts
Remember the patch version? This is where it's needed. You seperate the 3 numbers into major/minor/micro and for the id_0 you need to find the original ID (its the
file name so lets say 00000002.app You need to convert that 2 from Hex to Decimal and enter it there: 2 hex in decimal is still 2 so we would put id_0=00000002)
Website for converting Hex to Decimal: http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/he...imal-converter

make_cia -o anyname.cia --major=(1st number) --minor=(2nd number) --micro=(3rd number) --content0=********.app.out --id_0=********

Code:
For example: make_cia - o anyname.cia --major=3 --minor=5 --micro=0 --content0=00000002.app.out --id_0=00000002

10 DLC) Remember the version? This is where it's needed. You seperate the 3 numbers into major/minor/micro
The FileNumber depends on how many files you have, so for example we have 2 - first file number is 0 then we need to repeat the command for the next .outfile but with
1 as the FileNumber
FileID is the number of your file (ours is 00000001) so we have to convert that number from Hex to Decimal and enter it there

_makerom -f cia -target t -content ********.app.out:FileNumber:FileID -content ********.app.out:Filenumber:FileID -dlc -major (1st) -minor (2nd) -micro (3rd) -o anynamedlc.cia

Code:
Example:
_makerom -f cia -target t -content 00000000.app.out:0:0 -content 00000001.app.out:1:1 -dlc -major 0 -minor 0 -micro 0 -o fantasylifedlc.cia
(Thanks to Rurounik99 for this)

image.png

If done correctly you should have a Update or DLC cia which can be installed via DevMenu

Code:
Special thanks to Rurounik99 & cearp/liomajor of GBATemp

Download links:

Code:
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/31118730/file.html
http://7j84rpx06o.1fichier.com/
https://mega.co.nz/#!q1Vj0AJQ!O0GVizZxePssIxQx_yBKncEUe_fSP4DniE5WzavbE9o
http://filecloud.io/s0bqhj7w
http://dl.free.fr/f4myeS4k1

The reason I made a pack and tutorial is that we need more people dumping different region items (especially Japanese updates)
biggrin.png

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what's your problem? Does it work so different for patches?
I don't know, haven't managed to repack it yet. I posted on the last page with no help. The update appears to be two files, and I don't know how to build both of them

Code:
 make_cia -o a.cia --major=5 --minor=7 --micro=0 --content0=00000001.app.out --content1=00000006.app.out
is what I used, but it didn't work.

In any case, on the system I decrypted from, I found the version number 5.7.0 in BigBlueMenu. If it isn't there for you, I can't really help. Good luck!

Edit: Just tried this, it also didn't work. Does the smash update use 7.X crypto?

Code:
make_cia -o anyname.cia --major=5 --minor=7 --micro=0 --content0=00000001.app.out --id_0=00000001 --content1=00000006.app.out --id_1=00000006

Devmenu crashed on first installation, and uninstalled all my games. Second attempt said it was a bad CIA.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to dump my Fire Emblem Awakening DLC but I'm stuck on the last "part".

I got the .out files, but I don't really know how to get my version number for the game. Anone knows?
Version number doesn't really matter for DLC. You can put whatever you like to be honest.
However if you really want to use the correct version number you can check it under "program" tab in devmenu.
Look for 9F100 for EU Fire Emblem.
And FYI, US version is 0.18.0

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this won't work if I unlinked my emunand and sysnand? is there an alternative method i can use
There is actually an alternative.
Backup your old emunand partition with emunand tool then format a new one (making sure to backup the SD card content first)
This new emunand partition will be linked to your sysnand once again so you can use SD decryptor.
Once you're done just use emunand tool again to restore your original emunand.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is actually an alternative.
Backup your old emunand partition with emunand tool then format a new one (making sure to backup the SD card content first)
This new emunand partition will be linked to your sysnand once again so you can use SD decryptor.
Once you're done just use emunand tool again to restore your original emunand.

When you say "format a new one" do you mean flash the emunand from the GW menu? The menu that shows up right after you do the DS profile exploit while holding L trigger button?

Also I'm still a bit confused about the whole method... I bought DLC from eshop while on Emunand, can I still dump that DLC? Or is this guide only for eshop stuff downloaded while in sysnand?

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you say "format a new one" do you mean flash the emunand from the GW menu? The menu that shows up right after you do the DS profile exploit while holding L trigger button?

Also I'm still a bit confused about the whole method... I bought DLC from eshop while on Emunand, can I still dump that DLC? Or is this guide only for eshop stuff downloaded while in sysnand?
Yes, I meant the "format emunand" option from the GW menu.

If you bought the DLC while the nands are unlinked then I'm afraid that you'll probably have to repurchase it again after formatting a new emunand. Although you can always try seeing whether NNID is enough to allow you to redownload for free.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please provide a link to sd decryptor and possibly to a tutorial on how to use it? All I've found the last couple of days is some youtube videos in a diferent language, and links to a github account that doesn't exist. The only thing useful I've been able to find is how to convert .3ds to .cia. This doesn't help me in the slightest with stuff on my SD card that I want to decrypt and eventually make a CIA file with...

For the record, I'm currently on an unlinked 4.5 sysnand with 9.4 emunand. I have no problems linking again and jumping to pretty much any firmware I can get out of a rom (for both sysnand and emunand) I am hardmodded also so I'm not scared to try anything (I have multiple firmware backups of both emunand and sysnand):)

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to repack a patch CXI as I want to modify it. However after packing as CIA it keeps being installed as an application and not a DLC/Patch.

What is the correct setting I have to use in the RSF file? Currently it's set to Application, but setting it to "Patch" doesn't work. (it just rejects the RSF file saying it didn't recognize the type setting)

I have an RSF file for Pokemon X. But I'm trying to modify it to rebuild the patch CXI so I can create a custom patch.

Reactions: Margen67

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can do this (decrypt something on one SD and install it to another SD where it gets reencrypted for the new system in the process), then why can't we do the same thing for ALL SD card data? I really need to get my extdata folder from one system to load on a different system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course