OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,

i search a way to patch an ios with the dip7 or dip8. I need this to create an homebrew!
I think it's possible because waninkoko do this in his ciosInstaller homebrew.

Someone has an idea?

madmikeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just FYI, in case you wanted to do this with a newer IOS: The cIOS DIP modules don't work without modifications starting from IOS37 and up, IIRC.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madmikeuk said:
Just FYI, in case you wanted to do this with a newer IOS: The cIOS DIP modules don't work without modifications starting from IOS37 and up, IIRC.

First we need to know what arasium actually wants. Well the IOS dip modules of the new IOS might be imcompatible with the patches from the normal cIOS installer, but you can just replace the whole dip module for the new IOS, so that's not that big of a problem. And if i remember correctly IOS36v1042(the one used in the cIOS installer) has the same dip module as IOS37v2070.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
well, it's seems more complicated that i tough!

I've made an homebrew to download and install original ios of a 3.2 firmware (i haven't finish but it will be done in a few time if all file can be downloaded from nintendo's servers).

Now I wan't to patch them to "recreate" the ciospack. In fact i wan't to do this with an homebrew because it will be legal (no nintendo code). But i haven't enough informations on how to patch an ios with the dip module!

I've read the source code of wiigator (the cios_installer with the bckup launcher) but i don't understand all the code!

PS: sorry for my english, but sometimes it's too dificult to make a good sentence.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
arasium said:
well, it's seems more complicated that i tough!

I've made an homebrew to download and install original ios of a 3.2 firmware (i haven't finish but it will be done in a few time if all file can be downloaded from nintendo's servers).

Now I wan't to patch them to "recreate" the ciospack. In fact i wan't to do this with an homebrew because it will be legal (no nintendo code). But i haven't enough informations on how to patch an ios with the dip module!

I've read the source code of wiigator (the cios_installer with the bckup launcher) but i don't understand all the code!

PS: sorry for my english, but sometimes it's too dificult to make a good sentence.

The dip module is the 00000001.app file you can extract at your PC, at least it's 00000001 for IOS36 and some others. Get my multi_cios_installer(0.31) to look how i created cIOS with the patched dip module from IOS36, which is the same as cioscorp does. You only need the patches from "if (p_cr.cid == 0x00000001)", the other ones are for different things(you want on a cIOS installed at IOS249), but you don't need these for playing games.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, so if i can extract the 00000000001.app from the ios36, i just need to replace this file into the 21 ios to recreate the cios pack?

Can i have a link to your application ?

thank you

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
arasium said:
Ok, so if i can extract the 00000000001.app from the ios36, i just need to replace this file into the 21 ios to recreate the cios pack?

Can i have a link to your application ?

thank you

Well some IOS aren't splitted into several app files, i think these are all IOS before IOS28, but i'm not sure of this(the number, not the fact). In cioscorp these IOS are replaced with Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7(or rev8 for cioscorpv2 i guess). And about the replacement, well do you understand how it works?

PS: I don't have a link to my multi_cios_installer, and for some reason i will not reupload it.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, so:

- for all ios before ios28 (i will test if the ios is divides into multiple files), i've to install the ciosRev8 instead of patching them!

- for other ios, i have to replace the 000000001.app file!

When you ask about the replacement, you ask for the replacement of an ios by the ciosRev8 or the replacement of the 00000001.app by the patched one?

I think i will find some response in the backup launcher code source! But if you have some advice, i will take them
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The question is: What exactly are you planning to do?
Do you want a legal way to create the IOS wads for cioscorp yourself, or do you want an installer for it? If you want to installer, i really recommend to look at my multi_cios_installer as it already has working code to install IOS with the dip module from another IOS.

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm planning to code an homebrew wich will create wads for the cioscorp (downloading ios and patching them) ant then wich will install them!

You ask me to look at your multi_cios_installer (i want to do it, because it seems to do the same as i want) but i can't find it
smile.gif
If you don't want to upload it, i can give you my mail!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
arasium said:
Hi,

i search a way to patch an ios with the dip7 or dip8. I need this to create an homebrew!
I think it's possible because waninkoko do this in his ciosInstaller homebrew.

Someone has an idea?

look for CIOS Installer sourcecode (itself based on Patchmii sourcecode) ?

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The one with the source code of backup launcher gamma?

arasium said:
- for all ios before ios28 (i will test if the ios is divides into multiple files), i've to install the ciosRev8 instead of patching them!

- for other ios, i have to replace the 000000001.app file!

Is it correct?

arasium

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I've read in detail the cios_installer from wiigator and i've learned some good things.
But, i still have questions
smile.gif

I've understood the way that cios_installer patchs and installs the cios (i think, it's the rev7). To do that, cios_installer patchs:
  • for part 0000001
    • DIP
    • DIP_DVD_enable
    • DIP_handle_di_cmd
    • DIP_plugin
    So, to make a cios for the cios pack, do i need to apply all these patches?
    Is someone has the new dip module to test it with the patcher?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
arasium said:
I've read in detail the cios_installer from wiigator and i've learned some good things.
But, i still have questions
smile.gif

I've understood the way that cios_installer patchs and installs the cios (i think, it's the rev7). To do that, cios_installer patchs:
  • for part 0000001
    • DIP
    • DIP_DVD_enable
    • DIP_handle_di_cmd
    • DIP_plugin
    So, to make a cios for the cios pack, do i need to apply all these patches?
    Is someone has the new dip module to test it with the patcher?

• most probably yes, those patches are "working " together
    however I don't know if theses patches can be applied (I mean without modifications) to ALL existing IOS
    some IOS share the same code, some other don't... and the most recent might not have been completely analysed/disassembled yet so I don't think it's *safe* to patch them without really knowing what you are doing

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would take the dip module(00000001.app) from IOS36 for all IOS and apply these patches. Then you get the same cIOS installed as you get with cioscorp.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
isn't there some IOS that do not come with separated "modules"

what if IOSxx after IOS36 get better/improved DIP modules and newer games rely on it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf