Hacking PastaCFW kills 3D effect on N3DS XL - Any suggestions?

AteThePrincess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I load up PastaCFW it kills my 3D both in game and in the home screen. Instead of projecting the image, the top screen just tears the image in two. The 3D effect works fine when not using PastaCFW so I know it isn't the console.

I'm running 9.0FW on an N3DSXL (USA) and the most current version of PastaCFW as of two days ago.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a known issue, I kinda freaked out the first few times whenever I booted into rxTools and 3D went down to shit. Since o3DS doesn't have this issue...

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its a bug no cfw can permanent fix, even gateway still hasn't found a permanent fix and there the top people when making cfw code, just has to stick with the temp fix of closing and opening the 3ds
"no publicly available cfw can permanent fix" SALT team fixed it early on in their CFW journey.
The fix is trivial, finding it was hard.

Reactions: loco365 and cearp

loco365

Trophies
XP
@shinyquagsire23 can you please share the fix?
i'll literally paypal/bitcoin you or a charity you want $10 just for the info/method on how to fix it so it can be public so people can make use of it. i hope you accept :)
I was discussing this with him on IRC a while back, and I don't think he intends to release the fix because he'd like to see if the Gateway team can find it, otherwise they'll essentially steal it.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, but they don't exist, so it doesn't matter.
Who don't exist? You said it was a bug that couldn't be fixed. That's false.

I was discussing this with him on IRC a while back, and I don't think he intends to release the fix because he'd like to see if the Gateway team can find it, otherwise they'll essentially steal it.
And if they do...? It's hardly hardware selling feature. Nobody is going to pick a Gateway over a free CFW simply because they fix that bug.

See, this is where things get silly with Team SALT, and where they lose my support.

The launching homebrew from the home menu feature they showed last week; sure, if Gateway copied it they'd have a major feature that they could make significant money off of.

In that specific case, that argument is valid. But the 3D bug? No.

Last edited by Zidapi,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it's not all about gw, but I'd be donating to charity/him for the information.
I'm not interested in the deepest kernel secets the salt team has, just a little fix for 3d :)
i assume if gw really wanted to find it, (or rxtools, reinand, pasta etc) they could, but it would take along time and maybe not worth it, especially if it is as difficult to find as salt say.
instead of stealing, can't we share, it's not like it's offsets of signature patches or new keys.
I'm serious about $10. respectfully, that fix isn't going to make money any other way correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-