PastaCFW kills 3D effect on N3DS XL - Any suggestions?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AteThePrincess, Jan 11, 2016.

1. AteThePrincess
    OP

AteThePrincess Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2013
    United States
    If I load up PastaCFW it kills my 3D both in game and in the home screen. Instead of projecting the image, the top screen just tears the image in two. The 3D effect works fine when not using PastaCFW so I know it isn't the console.

I'm running 9.0FW on an N3DSXL (USA) and the most current version of PastaCFW as of two days ago.

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    When you boot into Pasta, close and reopen your N3DS and it should fix it.

3. AteThePrincess
    OP

AteThePrincess Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2013
    United States
    Dynamite. That works perfectly. Thanks for the quickest solution of all time!

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Its a bug no cfw can permanent fix, even gateway still hasn't found a permanent fix and there the top people when making cfw code, just has to stick with the temp fix of closing and opening the 3ds

Tony_93 likes this.
  5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    It is a known issue, I kinda freaked out the first few times whenever I booted into rxTools and 3D went down to shit. Since o3DS doesn't have this issue...

6. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    The problem is only for new 3ds since cfw messes with the face tracking

7. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    "no publicly available cfw can permanent fix" SALT team fixed it early on in their CFW journey.

loco365 and cearp like this.
  8. Kafke

Kafke GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2009
    United States
    Yea, but they don't exist, so it doesn't matter.

dubbz82 and Xenon Hacks like this.
  9. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    @shinyquagsire23 can you please share the fix?
    i'll literally paypal/bitcoin you or a charity you want $10 just for the info/method on how to fix it so it can be public so people can make use of it. i hope you accept :)

mungry, peteruk and Riyaz like this.
  10. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I was discussing this with him on IRC a while back, and I don't think he intends to release the fix because he'd like to see if the Gateway team can find it, otherwise they'll essentially steal it.

11. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Who don't exist? You said it was a bug that couldn't be fixed. That's false.

And if they do...? It's hardly hardware selling feature. Nobody is going to pick a Gateway over a free CFW simply because they fix that bug.

See, this is where things get silly with Team SALT, and where they lose my support.

The launching homebrew from the home menu feature they showed last week; sure, if Gateway copied it they'd have a major feature that they could make significant money off of.

In that specific case, that argument is valid. But the 3D bug? No.

Last edited by Zidapi, Jan 12, 2016
    cearp likes this.
  12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    it's not all about gw, but I'd be donating to charity/him for the information.
    I'm not interested in the deepest kernel secets the salt team has, just a little fix for 3d :)
    i assume if gw really wanted to find it, (or rxtools, reinand, pasta etc) they could, but it would take along time and maybe not worth it, especially if it is as difficult to find as salt say.
    instead of stealing, can't we share, it's not like it's offsets of signature patches or new keys.
    I'm serious about $10. respectfully, that fix isn't going to make money any other way correct?

TheShadowRunner and Zidapi like this.