Hacking Pasta CFW technical support thread

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some questions about the compatibility with firmware versions:

1 - Does anyone can confirm that all games with firmware <6.x firmware spoofed work on fw 4.x?
2 - All games with fw 7.x or higher, firmware spoof doesn't work?
3 - Can I play for example fw 9.3-9.5 games with Pasta 9.2? Anyway they use 7.x encryption right?
4 - Is it possíble to firmware spoof doesn't work with some game even it has 5.x or 6.x?
5 - While lastest games released have 7.x encryption will they work on pasta 9.2?

Thank you.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
With my limited knowledge :

1 - Does anyone can confirm that all games with firmware <6.x firmware spoofed work on fw 4.x?

Usually yes (With some exceptions), heck, even some 6.X above firmware games can even work, the most important part is that if the game does not use the 7x key/encryption, there's a good chance it will work. A simple way to check this, is when converting games from 3DS to CIA, when extracting the xorpads from roms, if you see a file named "xxxxx.Main.exefs_7x.xorpad" that is a very good clue that it uses 7x key/encryption and thus will not work with 4.X firmware.

2 - All games with fw 7.x or higher, firmware spoof doesn't work?

No. It's a firmware feature problem that causes games to not work, and not just a numbering issue. :(

3 - Can I play for example fw 9.3-9.5 games with Pasta 9.2? Anyway they use 7.x encryption right?

Generally yes. Again with some exceptions. Like Xenoblade X.

4 - Is it possíble to firmware spoof doesn't work with some game even it has 5.x or 6.x?

See #1 , if the game uses the 7x keys/encryption, it won't work on FW 4.5

5 - While lastest games released have 7.x encryption will they work on pasta 9.2?

See #3

--------------------------------------

For example the games listed below require high firmware versions, yet they are compatible with 4.5 because they don't use/need 7x keys or encryption. :

- Etrian Mystery Dungeon (8.1)
- Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
- Persona Q (8.1)

Yet, there's Pokemon X / Y. Which only requires FW 5.0, but doesn't work in 4.5FW because it uses/expects the FW5.0 encrypted saves, which 4.5 does not support.

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
THE CURRENT VERSION OF PASTA CFW IS : 1.2.1

Welcome to the official Pasta CFW technical support thread! Here, please feel free to tell the problems you encounter with Pasta CFW. The developpers or experienced users will answer you.
But please read the FAQ before!

FAQ :

Question : Does Pasta CFW work on 9.7?
Answer : NO! The supported versions are all versions from 4.1 to 9.2

Question : How do I launch Pasta CFW?
Answer : Please follow the tutorial on the main thread.

Question : Pasta CFW crashes!
Answer : Please use the latest stable version : 1.2.1

Question : I get a database error when installing CIAs!
Answer : If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.

Question : I get another error when installing CIAs!
Answer : If that error is not a signature checks failed error, it is either :
-Your CIA that is bad or
-This CIA needs an higher version of sysNAND.
It is NOT Pasta fault.

Question : Can I eat Pasta CFW?
Answer : Well...

In the pasta cfw 1.2.1 ,and one of the change log said
-Code cleanup + more comments

What does this mean?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the pasta cfw 1.2.1 ,and one of the change log said
-Code cleanup + more comments

What does this mean?
Their source code was messy, they made it neater/cleaner
Comments are also part of the source code, a developer comments their code to let other devs know what this specific section or line of code does

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition, using FBI and installing to SD just like every other CIA file that I've tried. (Although this is the first DSiWare game that I've ever tried) and am getting the following error...

Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xe0e083ee
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Usage (0x1c)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Invalid combination (0x3ee)

Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Their source code was messy, they made it neater/cleaner
Comments are also part of the source code, a developer comments their code to let other devs know what this specific section or line of code does
The code is already read, you can see it here. I thought all those i did is quite safe, however that is not reviewed or verified - even its previous isn't merged currently.
Still if interested you can git clone a copy and read the code. The routine is quite simple especially for that tree/branch. Feel free to contribute if you like.
(If want to talk to me just leave comments on the corresponding code - i don't come here often.)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I'm trying to install Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition, using FBI and installing to SD just like every other CIA file that I've tried. (Although this is the first DSiWare game that I've ever tried) and am getting the following error...

Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xe0e083ee
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Usage (0x1c)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Invalid combination (0x3ee)

Does anybody know what this means and how to fix it?
You're trying to install a dsiware game to the sd card. They don't go there. :3

Reactions: Syphurith

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I *think* after installing, legit games appear in your eShop accnt... What happens if you install an out of region leget game, will your eShop accnt get messed? Thanx!

Hmmm, never got Smash appear in my eShop, so I don't think that works. So nothing happens with eShop if you play legit CIA out of region games.
But what's the point of installing a legit out of region game? Won't show up in the Home Menu anyway, not even in CFW. The only way to boot them is in a CIA installer (FBI, BBM, DevMenu).

I have an question about pasta cfw:
How to use cia region free on 3dsxl 9.2? and 3ds 4.5?

If the CIA is regionfree patched, it show up in the Home Menu. If it isn't, you can still boot the CIA in a CIA installer, (FBI, BBM, DevMenu).
Pressing the Home button in an out of region game will freeze the 3DS because the 3DS doesn't know what to do with it though, that's the only thing.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, the point of installing a legit out of region game is to play it (through DevMenu). Doh!
Hmmm, never got Smash appear in my eShop, so I don't think that works. So nothing happens with eShop if you play legit CIA out of region games.
But what's the point of installing a legit out of region game? Won't show up in the Home Menu anyway, not even in CFW. The only way to boot them is in a CIA installer (FBI, BBM, DevMenu).

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. I need help please. I followed the instructions, got Ninjhax installed.. Now I try to run Pasta.

it seems to work, then I try to install BigBlueMenu, and I get Invalid NCCH.

So I went and created Title.db, and preformed the fix.

Still having problems and when I try to preform the steps in https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/ That doesn't seem to work as I'm still on 6.1.0-12

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay.. I need help please. I followed the instructions, got Ninjhax installed.. Now I try to run Pasta.

it seems to work, then I try to install BigBlueMenu, and I get Invalid NCCH.

So I went and created Title.db, and preformed the fix.

Still having problems and when I try to preform the steps in https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/ That doesn't seem to work as I'm still on 6.1.0-12

Which part/step gives you problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1