Hacking Pasta CFW technical support thread

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading that DSi Four Swords can be installed using this. Is there anything special that I have to do, or is it the exact same as installing any other CIA? Just asking, because I also read that the DSiWare stuff has different sig checks that Pasta doesn't undo.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't think that's right. hometown story US showed up fine on my EU homemenu. the cia was patched to be region free though.

And that bolded part is why it shows up... there's a flag set in each games icon in exefs that determines the region, if that is set to 0x7fffffff then it is considered "region free". :)

Reactions: Margen67

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And that bolded part is why it shows up... there's a flag set in each games icon in exefs that determines the region, if that is set to 0x7fffffff then it is considered "region free". :)
so then there is a way to spoof it to show up. it's just on the CIA's side not the 3DS's side.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading that DSi Four Swords can be installed using this. Is there anything special that I have to do, or is it the exact same as installing any other CIA? Just asking, because I also read that the DSiWare stuff has different sig checks that Pasta doesn't undo.

I installed it like any other cia.

HoboKen95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomodachi Life EUR does NOT work on Pasta CFW for some reason...
I have tried converting to CIA various ways, even the legit CIA doesn't work.
My 3DS: USA 9.0

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Jersey
After I boot Pasta via CN on my n3DS the 3D effects gives me this double vision-y thing, anyone know what's going on with that and/or how to resolve it? Thanks!

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried in my old 3ds, 9.2.0-20E with Cubic Ninja, and no matter if verion 1.1.1 or 1.2.1, I always get black screen when trying to boot the CFW, any idea what's wrong?

Delete your cubic ninja save and reinstall it online.

Again, thank you. How do I delete the save on an original Cubic Ninja?

bug_nuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 7.2.0.17 u, ninjhax installed and using the newest pasta 1.2.1 I am able to boot other ninjax homebrew, but when i attempt to load pasta i just get a black screen no terminal like text. IT will seemingly stay on this black screen for 10+ minutes if i let it. If i pull the sd card and hold the power button i can reboot. Am i missing something? i tried to reinstall ninjhax, and even wiped my entire sd card. Any tips? was thinking i should update to 9.2? is there a retail game that will get me that? or closer at least?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I am on 7.2.0.17 u, ninjhax installed and using the newest pasta 1.2.1 I am able to boot other ninjax homebrew, but when i attempt to load pasta i just get a black screen no terminal like text. IT will seemingly stay on this black screen for 10+ minutes if i let it. If i pull the sd card and hold the power button i can reboot. Am i missing something? i tried to reinstall ninjhax, and even wiped my entire sd card. Any tips? was thinking i should update to 9.2? is there a retail game that will get me that? or closer at least?
7.2 is a firmware brahma doesn't work on (only one that I know of). Update or wait for a spider (browser) version of pasta. 8.1 is a good card update to try. You can also downgrade to 4.5 then upgrade to 9.2 manually, but that's complex and risky.

There is actually a 9.2 us game, ssb 3ds, but only certain versions of it have the 9.2, most are 8.1 and there's no way to tell on the box/cart.

bug_nuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7.2 is a firmware brahma doesn't work on (only one that I know of). Update or wait for a spider (browser) version of pasta. 8.1 is a good card update to try. You can also downgrade to 4.5 then upgrade to 9.2 manually, but that's complex and risky.

There is actually a 9.2 us game, ssb 3ds, but only certain versions of it have the 9.2, most are 8.1 and there's no way to tell on the box/cart.
Thanks! i was looking at another post that said it didnt work on 7.X but the front page of this say 4.5 to 9.2. Good to know!

is there a list of recommended games to use to upgrade? or what i the best process for upgrading? I do not have a flashcart

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?