Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hey @motezazer,

did you get your NAND dump from an unused N3DS? If yes, can you tell what your up to? I'm really wondering what you want to do with it.
Well, I guess I can answer for you @motezazer , the nand dump from an unused N3DS was required to try to figure out a way to implement the secret feature he was working on. the crucial file involved with the feature was the same as in any other 3DS after the first boot, so nothing significantly useful came out of it. But we are tracking other leads to try and implement the said feature.

In the mean time, please wait some little tiems for the spider version of pasta (on 4.5 only when it will be released initially), curently in debugging phase (being developed by @nop90 , please don't spam him with info requests or release dates requests^^)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Faiz Saleem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I guess I can answer for you @motezazer , the nand dump from an unused N3DS was required to try to figure out a way to implement the secret feature he was working on. the crucial file involved with the feature was the same as in any other 3DS after the first boot, so nothing significantly useful came out of it. But we are tracking other leads to try and implement the said feature.

In the mean time, please wait some little tiems for the spider version of pasta (on 4.5 only when it will be released initially), curently in debugging phase (being developed by @nop90 , please don't spam him with info requests or release dates requests^^)
I'm slightly confused - if we have Pasta CFW for 4.5 (MSET), what is the benefit of SpiderPasta for 4.5? Unless I'm mistaken, you can install the MSET exploit using Spider. Just curious

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@motezazer Hi, um, how would I do this? The MSET downgrade thing? I have a JP N3DS (non XL) running Pasta with Cubic Ninja. I could PM if that's easier?

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm slightly confused - if we have Pasta CFW for 4.5 (MSET), what is the benefit of SpiderPasta for 4.5? Unless I'm mistaken, you can install the MSET exploit using Spider. Just curious
Once he gets spider pasta (trademark) working on 4.5 he can port it *easily*(don't quote me on that) to 9.2

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
We might be able to launch pasta from GW if that is possible ^_^
Nope, GW mode uses an updated FIRM (from 9.5 if I am not wrong) each time it boots, so it wouldn't work since at least one of the exploits to launch pasta was fixed on 9.3+
(But you could be able to boot pasta mode from sys nand with spider tho)

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Good luck with Spider Pasta for 9.x! I'm so tired of changing NANDs to play my bought games on EmuNAND, you can't imagine.
Hope it comes out soon

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good luck with Spider Pasta for 9.x! I'm so tired of changing NANDs to play my bought games on EmuNAND, you can't imagine.
Hope it comes out soon

please note that spider works up to 9.5 AFAIK, so if you want to update any other game you will need to keep using emunand for that. Or maybe a GOD like dev release a bomb in the scene with a spider like exploit for 9.8, or maybe if we keep the old brower by manually removing it from the updated cias using sysupdater, but this could lead to more problems, if you use emunand only for paid games, I will encourage you to keep using it, until someone with programming skills like hackerman (watch kung fury movie) enter the scene and release his job.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
please note that spider works up to 9.5 AFAIK, so if you want to update any other game you will need to keep using emunand for that. Or maybe a GOD like dev release a bomb in the scene with a spider like exploit for 9.8, or maybe if we keep the old brower by manually removing it from the updated cias using sysupdater, but this could lead to more problems, if you use emunand only for paid games, I will encourage you to keep using it, until someone with programming skills like hackerman (watch kung fury movie) enter the scene and release his job.

Spider works up to 9.5, but PastaCFW needs also other exploits, patched in 9.2

Reactions: capito27

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spider support is great, but it will never work on N3DS due to the fact that it uses a different web browser. How long must I wait for CN-less N3DS support? Is it even possible?

MSET :)
But you will need CN at least once (for downgrading MSET)

Huh? But we can't yet use a downgraded MSET to launch this on a n3DS, can we? I thought MSET as an entrypoint was limited to 4.x sysNAND for whatever reason, and that nop90 was currently working on a solution (or at the very least has it on the backburner but plans to).

Last edited by ubergeek77,

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huh? But we can't yet use a downgraded MSET to launch this on a n3DS, can we? I thought MSET as an entrypoint was limited to 4.x sysNAND for whatever reason, and that nop90 was currently working on a solution.
He is working on a solution, but spider is a priority for him.

rebirthz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Something went wrong with the process, I have got the cubic ninja jpn instead of USA, is there any method to get across the region, I own old 3ds us run 4.x of sysnand, I think I see the method that across the region with gateway file

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something went wrong with the process, I have got the cubic ninja jpn instead of USA, is there any method to get across the region, I own old 3ds us run 4.x of sysnand, I think I see the method that across the region with gateway file

Use RegionFOUR first.

Not sure if there's a browser or MSET exploit version for it though.

rebirthz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Where can I get that dude, is there available in this site

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway I found the regionthree which can run without cubic ninja at 4.x, I think the regionfour does not work for me since it requires cubic ninja as well, so I am not sure this will work together with the pasta cfw ot not, have somebody tried it, please share our help me solve thissolution, thank you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Dick slang