ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So we've now completed the LP>NLP+ integration, 161 out of the 577 total of the NLP+ scripts. these files will now need to be verified & checked, word wrapped before they are ever to be used in a patch, so anyone up for this task should contact me for material and details.

I've also added detailed guides about translating, graphic editing, verifying & checking scripts and created a very informative 'file guide log' mentioning everything that we have come to discovered about this game during the hacking, LP>NLP+ integrating, modding, unpacking, patching, patch testing process that hopefully will help with taking this translation further.

Anyone interested feel free to pm me for further information if needed.

Last edited by Dgrin,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a gateway and rxtools running on emunand 10.7 with sysnand 9.2, How do i get this translated game working on my new3dsxl?

I also got ntr installed as cia.

Last edited by cooroxd,

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a gateway and rxtools running on emunand 10.7 with sysnand 9.2, How do i get this translated game working on my new3dsxl?

I also got ntr installed as cia.
I know right, they could also release a traditional patch, for the rom and cia.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A new beta-testing patch version has been added, both NTR & HANS. Patch files are under process and meant for personal use/beta-testing, please do not mirror, upload or pass around a patched rom version that might cause a lot of problems for us and confusion for users, thank you.

Last edited by Dgrin,

cg75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Dgrin.

Thank you very much for translate this wonderful game.
I have few questions:
- Can you done a little tutorial for the patch? How do we do for apply these? What are the difference between ntr and hans? Is it ok with a cia of the game?
-The patch are for New love plus or New love plus + or both?

Thanks for your answers.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What are the difference between ntr and hans? Is it ok with a cia of the game?
-The patch are for New love plus or New love plus + or both?

The beta-patches are for the 「NEWラブプラス+」 game (the scripts can be reformatted to work with 'New Love Plus' but it's a different task for a later time), both files come with instructions, if you're unfamiliar with the 3DS HAX scene then the easiest to install would be the HANS patch, it should be possible to rebuild a CIA for the game by replacing the original with the NTR patch files.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yuuyuun, thank you for offering to help, I'll contact you personally with details.

Melon__Bread it's in the 'info' file, it should be:
'NLP+/script/bin/script/*.dbin2'
'plugin/00040000000F4E00/layeredfs.plg'

Last edited by Dgrin,

cg75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It works fine for me with reinand,ntr cia and new love plus+cia.
But the menus aren't translated.

For the first time we must use the third option on the main menu for install pre confession mode.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
cg75 we've located most of the graphics and have found a method to edit them but there are a few hacking/tool issues as mentioned in the first post, waiting for someone to step in and find a solution before we can make them actually run in the game.

Melon__Bread oh no need to apologize, it was actually my fault cause I notice you own an earlier version where I didn't make the instructions clear enough...

Something whatever sorry we won't be adding a CIA but you can patch a CIA with the patch files, anyone interested can contact me for guidance with the game files.

tomx86 glad you enjoy it, we started with HANS cause there are a lot of LovePlus fans in the forums who are unfamiliar with the hacking scene so it was just a bit easier to explain and assist on how to install a vanilla hax like homemenuhax/themehax through browserhax...

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: Something whatever
D

Deleted User

set a camp here. this is going to be great. have been waiting this for long time. let's wait until it completed :).

Reactions: Dgrin

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've now added the project's credits at the first post of this thread, thank you everyone!
If you've participated in this project and do not see your name there please PM me to correct this.

Well we may still not have any active translators ATM to help with the translation of the rest of the 'NEW' scripts and are also in need of some tools to solve some hacking problems that are holding this project back from going any further but here are a few things to look forward for the next patch: Incolbum is currently proofreading, improving and making corrections to the already translated scripts so if you're a first-timer with this game you might want to wait before you play this patch to avoid bumping into any spelling, grammar, script misplacement or other type of errors that might have occurred during the integration. We are also currently mapping out all the graphic files that need our attention, eyenight is translating some of their text while Yuuyuun is editing the graphic files with the translation, the graphic files are quite a lot so we need people with some basic Japanese skills to atleast get a Japanese text output from each graphic file faster to make the task easier for the translator.
If you'd be interested to offer your services to help us finish these particular tasks any sooner post here or contact me personally.

Last edited by Dgrin,

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Img.bin file:
A repacker/injector wouldn't really be a hard thing to make, however with an injector, if the injected files don't match it would have to repack anyways.

2. code.bin file:
Not really sure what you're expecting to be able to "extract" from this, as it's not an archive. A cursory glance at it, there's both UTF-8 and SJIS encoded text in the data section. You're more or less going to have to go through it by manually looking for text in both encodings and write the offsets down, and look for pointers/pointer tables.

3. Textresource_resident_jpn.trb:
as far as 2009 DS game's arm9.bin goes, goto the offsets on the notes page listed and look at the text, "unpacking" the text from there is more or less the same deal as with the code.bin for the 3ds game.

However, there is a structure to the .trb files in romfs:\SystemData\TextResource (with the exception of textresource_config.trb), and an unpacker/repacker could be built for them. I'm seriously laughing at the banned word list.

4. Missing Script Files:
There are some text files inside the img.bin,I believe they're .trb files. randomly sampling, I found "ワギナ" and "だいそんちゃん"(what a coincidence). Will take another crack at the img.bin later.

Reactions: Dgrin

Incolbum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll have a grammatical / spelling error report page up soon. Any errors encountered or any non-fluid sentences you'd like to correct should land on there. It'll my my job hell of a lot easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.