ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've made a list of all the tasks and requirements that we need assistance with and added it at the first post of this thread, among them a list of the problems we are encountering that we have to solve and work out in order to have a fully working translation for the game.

Attachments

• arm9.zip
    576.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks to impeio92 who promptly handled most of the remaining body of work, the translation integration for all the corresponding LP>NLP+ scripts is now complete! As I mentioned in an earlier post we are encountering a few technical difficulties that have to be dealt with before we can continue any further with this particular translation project. I've also added all the remaining tasks in the first post, please anyone who can help take a minute to read them and volunteer.

Last edited by Dgrin,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay uh... Why do you have translation of the NLP+ unique scripts open, with a machine translation tool utility as an option? That will go all kinds of bad, as I've said before. Machine translation is NOT accurate. And that's not even getting into if you have a bunch of different people "translating" and writing for different scripts, there will be no consistency at all.

What you need to do is find 1 to 3 translators who would be willing to translate the new scripts for you, not open the translation for just anyone to do, and you won't even be able to verify where translations are atrociously bad, which I guarantee most of them will be what with you encouraging the use of a machine translation tool.

No offense, but I'm starting to get the idea that you don't actually know how translating works...

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read the instructions again, I do not have nothing open for everyone and the translation tool is referenced as 'optional'..
A machine translation tool shouldn't even be an option. And by "for anyone" I meant you've made it an open translation, which will not have consistency, or any consistency in quality other than bad.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A machine translation tool shouldn't even be an option. And by "for anyone" I meant you've made it an open translation, which will not have consistency, or any consistency in quality other than bad.

It's not an open project the way you define it, I've posted about this in every relevant place I could think of and I'm trying my best to find skillful people that want to get involved with this project, while I did get a few contacts from volunteers with proficient Japanese/English skills to whom I've send a few 'sample scripts' to receive and examine their output nothing has stick just yet, understandably it's hard to find someone passionate enough who is willing to put that many work hours into this project.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an open project the way you define it, I've posted about this in every relevant place I could think of and I'm trying my best to find skillful people that want to get involved with this project, while I did get a few contacts from volunteers with proficient Japanese/English skills to whom I've send a few 'sample scripts' to receive and examine their output nothing has stick just yet, understandably it's hard to find someone passionate enough who is willing to put that many work hours into this project.
An open translation is a translation that, instead of having a few dedicated translators, is open for a larger group of people to edit and translate and rarely has any sort of standard consistency or continuity..

You're still encouraging the use of machine translation, which is not a good thing to do. And you've never made any indication that you've contacted anyone that knows Japanese, and if you have, then why are you still encouraging machine translation?????

Just because it's difficult to find translators, doesn't mean you should rely on machine translation. In fact, you should never rely on machine translation in the first place.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

First I should point out I'm not in charge here, I just took the initiative to map out all the information and try to keep track of all things that need doing to help move things around, at the moment all the people who are working on this are interconnected and we're running everything between us through Skype, I'm just posting here when we run into a problem we cannot sort out by ourselves, everyone is welcomed to join in and help organize thing or find a better solution to some of our running problems.

As I said I'm currently open to screening for proficient volunteers who will then form the only group of people that will be given access and permission to handle the translating of the new scripts, the only reason you can publicly view our translating instructions linked in the first post is so the relevant people who want to get involved will know what they're up against before they volunteer.. Many professional translators use a helping aid when working, I am not implying that we should rely on a machine translation simply by recommending an optional tool that might help with a foreign word here and there or create a quick raw output to reshape into something accurately appropriate. Anyway if you want to have a further discussion you can reach us personally, It's pointless to discuss this openly here with the possibility of it escalating into something else and then resulting into getting this thread locked.

Last edited by Dgrin,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I should point out I'm not in charge here, I just took the initiative to map out all the information and try to keep track of all things that need doing to help move things around, at the moment all the people who are working on this are interconnected and we're running everything between us through Skype, I'm just posting here when we run into a problem we cannot sort out by ourselves, everyone is welcomed to join in and help organize thing or find a better solution to some of our running problems.

As I said I'm currently open to screening for proficient volunteers who will then form the only group of people that will be given access and permission to handle the translating of the new scripts, the reason you can publicly view our translating instructions linked in the first post is so the relevant people who want to get involved will know what they're up against before they volunteer.. Many professional translators use a helping aid when working, I am not implying that we should rely on a machine translation simply by recommending an optional tool that might help with a foreign word here and there or create a raw output to reshape into something accurately appropriate. Anyway if you want to have a further discussion you can reach us personally, It's pointless to discuss this openly here with the possibility of it escalating into something else and then resulting into getting this thread locked.
There's an enormous difference between translation tools and machine translation software. Translation tools do not translate anything for the user, but aid in translation using preexisting translations. What you linked is not a translation aid, it's a machine translation tool. If anything you should link an online kanji dictionary for people to look up words they don't know, not a straight up machine translation tool.

and this: "create a raw output to reshape into something accurately appropriate"

that's literally what I'm saying you SHOULD NOT DO. EVER.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

The 2009 LP TLWIKI translation was done the same exact way, some of the existing translation on their page is still at most part a 'raw output' that then a team of skillful volunteers handled the translating and editing of the scripts together in google docs, kind of like what we're trying to set up for this project.

Last edited by Dgrin,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2009 LP TLWIKI translation was done the same exact way, some of the existing translation on their page is still at most part a 'raw output' that then a team of skillful volunteers handled the translating and editing of the scripts together in google docs, kind of like what we're trying to set up for this project. Can we go
Okay I'm done talking with you about this because you're just making excuses for the use of a machine translation tool.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Well we're just having a very recurrent disagreement about something completely irrelevant as I hope it was made very clear that the skillful people who will be given permission to handle the task of translating the rest of the new scripts will not have any reason or intend to use any translating tool in any way harmful to the output of the true meaning of the initial material.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we're just having a very recurrent disagreement about something completely irrelevant as I hope it was made very clear that the skillful people who will be given permission to handle the task of translating the rest of the new scripts will not have any reason or intend to use any translating tool in any way harmful to the output of the true meaning of the initial material.
The fact that it's offered is highly suspicious. Unwatching the thread, good luck to the competent people, goodbye.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's no reason for all that, as I've mentioned before only a handful of quite capable translators will be given access to the new script files and those really basic instructions that exist ATM are just a very simplistic draft that will be reworked and bound to change once the right people show up, group together, create their own translating ecosystem and then notify me of their own rules and translation preferences that they'd like to integrate into the instruction sheets...

[EDIT]: Any mention of that text-to-speech tool as an 'optional' help aid from that translation tutorial draft has since been removed...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about that whineass, Dgrin. He's clearly too beligerent. Also, sorry for my absence, I found out that I have arrhythmia, but I am too young to get treated for it. I could barely even move without getting winded and dizzy, but I feel like it's subsiding due to my vitamin supplements.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't worry about that whineass, Dgrin. He's clearly too beligerent. Also, sorry for my absence, I found out that I have arrhythmia, but I am too young to get treated for it. I could barely even move without getting winded and dizzy, but I feel like it's subsiding due to my vitamin supplements.
If there's anything left for a layman to do, I can help again.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a while since i visitèd this thread. Im not really following.. is the game still being translated from thebds version or....?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches