Parents. Are yours A-holes too?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Welp, here goes.

Before he passed away, my dad was an emotionally unavailable, abusive alcoholic. Don't get it? Okay, he was an electrical engineer. He worked for Bechtel, and he traveled a lot. So much so, that we never stayed in the same place for more than 6 months, and all during that time he would drink, yell and scream at my mother, slap her around a bit and go to bed. Every night. Finally we all got tired of moving, and we settled down in one place. He kept travelling meaning that he spent about 2 weeks out of every year at home...getting drunk, yelling at my mom and slapping us BOTH around a little bit. Every night. He never did anything that normal dads do, like play catch, or shit like that. he was addicted to his work and the bottle. That is until he got into a car accident, contracted Diabetes and Parkinson's disease, and then and only then did he apologize or his wrongdoings. I took care of him 100% before he passed away, while good ol Mom did nothing but sleep on the couch all day.

Mom. Oh, where can I start? Up until I was 10 she was an awesome mom. We were close, almost inseparable. Then she started going downhill. Apathy was her word of the decade. She only cared to tell me what to do when it was cutting into her sleep, which was 24/7. Her diet consisted of chocolate and cigarettes. I had to learn to cook on my own. And dare I say, I'm a mighty fine cook because of it. Thanks mom! Anyway, I get married, I move out, and mom, lo and behold is running out of money that she got from my dad's life insurance. What did she blow it all on? Jewelry. About 30K out of 60K was spent of jewelry, if you can believe that. So, she was in a dire situation. Me and my wife lived in a Studio Apt. So we couldnt help her. But then my wife comes up with this awesome idea. She takes that 30K, buys a house out here, we all live in it and me and my wife will pay the bills. I thought it was a genius idea. Until she moved in.

Well, I got my wife preggo, and this was after we bought the house. It was a two bedroom, too. Awesome. So, my mom moves in and heres the kicker. In a blindingly selfish move that I never in a million years thought she would make, she takes the Master bedroom. Picture this. Shes, by herself living in the Master while Me, my wife and my son all sleep in the smaller bedroom. How fucked up is that? She also has no consideration for the baby, meaning that she gets up and does whatever she wants, however loudly she wants with no regard of whether my son is sleeping or not. I havn't killed her yet, meaning she still lives with us to this day.

My brother? Well, he's a trucker. His girlfriend is an over-the-hill honest to god Lot Lizard (google it), theyre both alcoholics, they're both addicted to paid meds, and my brother blackmailed my mom into giving up the His and Hers Rolex watches that my dad got for working with Bechtel for 25 years, before he would help her drive her U-haul down here. And if you think he's an asshole now, well just take into consideration, that is the NICEST thing that my brother has ever done for my mom.

The rest of the fam is fucked up beyond belief, but I dont stay in contact with them. Needless to say, my wife's side of the family is my only family.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lot Lizard....
laugh.gif
I haven't heard that term in a while.

Seriously tho that is some fucked up situations you had to deal with.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
moodswinger said:
"That's family... if they're not embarrassing then they're dead." - Kitty Forman (That's 70's Show)

:')

My parents are no 'A-holes'. Sometimes a bit, when they say I get my own PC after the holidays (no, I still don't have my own PC yet...), and after that they decide that it is unfair, because my sister doesn't have one either...
But I don't have any alcoholic problems in my family, not that I know at least :')

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??