Parents. Are yours A-holes too?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Blaze163, Jan 11, 2011.

Jan 11, 2011
  1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Lali ho.

I'm curious. A lot of tempers seem to have issues with their parents. Seems to be a lot of it cropping up in topics recently. So post your opinions on your family here. I'll get the ball rolling. Although given how much I detest my family the ball will be little more than a frozen sphere of dog turd.

Mother.

My mother is quite possibly the worst person I have ever encountered. She cares only for herself, put me through a living hell that cost me more than she'll ever know, she's basically ruined my life at every possible opportunity. She's scum. Her more notable exploits include stabbing me in the hand (to be fair the knife was thrown at my friend, I merely took the blow in a rather misguided attempt at bravery), spending two whole years drunk out of her skull and smashing the house up every night while I tried to revise for my GCSE's, and when I visited her to try to set things right before she left for Turkey she locked me out of the house in the freezing cold. So...yeah, she can go play with the traffic for all I care.

Father.

A living shrine to utter failure. He honestly believes that his life is filled with notable good works. He's in fact a complete nobody with no friends because he's so fundamentally unlikeable. Almost as selfish and deeply pathetic as my mother, his more notable exploits include constantly reminding me that he never wanted to have another kid, abandoning me when he just flat out couldn't be bothered to look after me any more when I was only 15, refusing to let me eat anything even though I pay the fucking bills, and making my life a total misery at every opportunity because he thinks he's inspiring me. In a way he is. He's inspiring me to cave his skull in with a shovel.

Aunt

Ahh, Aunty Liz. How I loathe the sound of your name. She's nothing but a daft old woman who thinks that everyone is 6 years old. She constantly called me by an infuriating nickname I will not repeat here right up until my best friend Amelia finally lost her temper, screamed hysterical abuse at her, slapped her and stormed off. Strangely I take Amelia's side on this one. The last time Liz visited she spent the entire two weeks bitching and moaning at everyone, calling my 15 year old niece a whore (to her fucking face, no less) just for wearing something other than an armoured cardigan, and generally being a total twat donkey. When she finally when home we were so thrilled to see her go that I put 'Ode to Joy' on the stereo at maximum volume as she was walking through the door. She's not been back since. Seems she finally got the message.

Brothers

Two, Chris and Simon. To be fair neither truly irritates me. Although Simon was once a professional chef so his quaint insistance on cooking the same meals every single sodding day does get on my nerves. As does his childish need for toy Daleks precluding him from paying me back what he owes me from Xmas. Get a sense of fucking priority, man. You're 37. Chris is a little football obsessed and having not seen him in over a year I've not had a chance to meet his newborn daughter yet, but aside from that he's fine.

Sister

My beloved sister Ceri. For reasons utterly beyond me we've always seen eye to eye. We don't cross paths very often as she's 14 years older than me, has two kids of her own, and lives about 300 miles away. But when we do cross paths we always get on amazingly well. She just gets me, for some reason. She's one of only a select few people in the known universe I can honestly say I care about.

So that's my family in a nutshell. Mostly cunts. What about you lot? Do you hate your relatives? Or do you come from the generix happy family you see on TV?

2. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My family gets along fine. My gf's however..most of them are about as bad yours. Her cousin and her uncle are the only ones I know of that arent aboninations of humanity.

3. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Mother.
    Sister.

Biggest lying thieving bitch on the planet, she is 19 and she has no maturity, when I was living with her, I had to hide all my stuff because anything she could see, she owned it, had my memory cards for my R4 on a table in my room, went out with friends, came back about 2 hours later, she'd stolen all of them, I managed to get them back but it took a lot of sneaking around, when she realized I got them back, she threw a tantrum (when she was 17) and said they were hers and all that crap.

I put one of them into the computer and showed my parents, it had all my .nds files on it. Then she claimed I just did that so I ended up telling her to fuck off and didn't speak to her for like 1 month (we were in the same house) That's just 1 example, I have many others.

Father.

He never really cared for me when I was younger, the only real contact I had with him was if I asked to use the computer or play the ps1/ps2 (whichever I had then) but I don't talk bad about my father because everything's changed with him since my parents split, alot nicer to me and a good father. Although that's just to me, he had a massive fight with my sister when she was 18 that included punching kicking and just a real fight, both of em were taken to cop shop, had to attend court and stuff like that, they talk now like nothing happened, probably just trying to forget it.

All my aunties are nice =)

My brother I don't really know much, I only see him like once or twice a year so...

That's not everyone in detail, that would take hours to list, just kept it brief

4. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    My mom is cool, like reasonable and stuff... Well most of the time... My dad is a bum, haven't seen him for years but meh, don't bother either. My grandfather is a total dick, swearing at every moment of the day he's awake. And when he isn't swearing he's either smoking or sleeping, and I laugh at how he keeps talking as if he's contributing a lot to the family. :x My grandmother is fine, gossips A LOT though,bleh. My two brothers... Ahhh, they can go screw themselves over for all I care, I hate them to the core, end quote. Well I don't really hate the second brother much, but the YOUNGEST one... He's freaking 12 this year and he cries 5 times a week for stupid reasons. And I swear he exists just to annoy the crap out of everyone he meets.

5. em2241992

Member em2241992 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My mom is nice. She has her moments where she flips out, but she is very caring. My father, have you ever met him? I didn't.

6. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    You people look at the negative of things, which is sad because if they die then what will be your last words? Huh?!

7. gifi4

Australia
    "Forgive and Forget"(Not EXACTLY like that) although I can't say that anytime soon.

8. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    Yes they always think I am lying and my sister is leaving for college in 10 months lets examine what will happen:

Time spent at home(before sister leaves):SHITLOADS
    Time spent with friends(before siser leaves):A little bit

Time spent at home(after sister leaves):A little bit
    Time spent with friends(after sister leaves):SHITLOADS

No really I doubt I will be able to stay at home the same amount of time I do now without killing myself

I still love my parents but sometimes they can be major jerks.

9. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    I used to hate my entire family with my entire being. It took me a long while of self-isolation to accept them for their faults, as people, no matter how bad they are or were.
    Though I can never say that to their faces.

10. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    My Mom's kind, she spoils me, though in a little more strict way than my dad does. She seems grumpy at random moments, though, which pisses me off often, but she always tries to teach me things so that I will know, and can endure the suffering I'm supposed to experience later on in Life.

My Dad's kind of goofy, he jokes around alot, and is barely serious, unless talking to my mom. He'll spoil me a bit too much at some points, making me reluctantly refusing whatever he offers to me, sometimes making him puzzled. Nothing I really complain about him other than he smokes a bit and drinks once in a while.

My sister, on the other hand, is a frequent problem. She complains, she whines, and absolutely does NOT seem to try to care or understand me at ALL. She'll argue about whether or not something is mine or not, she's lazy at some points, and she can just be a real b*t**. Although we have many fights, I still try to look as her as my little sister, and not some sort of demon spawn, and I feel that I should at least try my best and attempt to have her look up to me, and I think she does.

11. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've always suspected my last words will be 'hey everyone, watch this'.

12. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    My mom's probably the best mom ever. First of all, when she was twenty-something, a doctor told her that she couldn't have children. When she was 26, she had me. SO yeah, I was an accident, and she's never hidden than from me (I don't get why people make such a big fuss over that. I bet over half of the people who read this are accidents. And their parents? They probably are too). She was part of the board of directors of my grandfather's company which was fairly big at that time, but when she found out she was pregnant she quit her job to dedicate herself to me fully. And she has basically done that ever since. When I was older she eventually started working at home and she's been doing pretty good :>. She's not one of those mothers who literally do nothing but care for their children though. She usually lets me do whatever I want since she trusts she has raised me not to be a stupid twat, because unlike most teens nowadays, I actually talk to her. I'd say she's not only a mother but also a friend.
    At any rate, she's probably such a good mom because my grandmother wasn't one when my mom was younger. She's a now retired lawyer, but when she was younger she was a workaholic, and that's all she did. My mom, aunt and uncle were basically raised by maids since she and my grandfather were too busy working. My grandfather provided the money for the house's expenses and my grandmother for the house's luxuries. The problem is that they kept doing that till they retired. And when my grandfather died we all found out he had lots of debts hidden so nobody'd notice in order to maintain the lifestyle we had. I'd say that was a pretty noble act of him, bearing all the stress of all those debts by himself... Maybe he died because of all the stress? [​IMG] At any rate, after the debts were paid off my grandmoher became a bit of an alcoholic and spent all her money on expensive trips to Europe and whiskey, lots of it. But after her money ran out she was forced to quit. I'd say she's a bit selfish, but she's a pretty nice person overall. She lives with us and I also talk to her a lot, I love to hear her stories about trials and stuff, it's like watching someone play a Phoenix Wright game [​IMG].
    Oh but I haven't gone over my dad... . When my mom found out she was pregnant he was living in New York doing the PR for some company. He came back about a year after that and when he found out he was pretty happy, it seems. He and my mom planned to marry but he was a bit of a cunt with her, so they kept breaking up and making up lots of times due to his jealousy. This kept going till I was about 3 and he had an accident where he lost a tiny part of his brain. He also broke lots of bones and was in a coma. Eventually he recovered and now he's a semi normal person, because he has a lot of tics, but oh well. The bad part is that he keeps saying he's a victim of the accident all the time, but it was partially his fault since he was driving under the influence of alcoholic substances. Which is why i don't buy his whole victim story, and find him rather annoying, to be honest. Oh and he treats me like I was 6. He's so annoying, though I suppose it could be a lot worse. At any rate, if I didn't see him ever again I wouldn't care much. I don't think he really cares about me anyway.
    I don't know much about his family, and I don't care about them either, but I really love my mom's. My aunt, uncle, their spouses and children are all very nice and we usually see each other frequently.
    That's all I think.
    What a huge wall of text.
    EDIT: I spaced it out a bit, but I can't really divide it entirely since it's all intertwined. Sorry but if you wanna read it you'll have to read it as it is, since I wrote that exactly as it came from my mind, so it's completely unedited. :>

13. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom

That was WAAAAY too long, can you just give me the cliff notes?

14. gifi4

Australia
    Dude, space it out into paragraphs.

15. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Uh.

Fine with my Mom. We get along quite well.

Fine with my Dad...usually. He has this tourettes problem. He doesn't actually HAVE tourettes, but he says pretty much anything on his damn mind. He's also pessimistic and rude, so he's an asshole a LOT. He also believes that "Not his way = wrong". If you don't do something exactly like him, listen to all his advice and use it, and think he's always right...then you're a dumbass who fails at everything and needs to go see a therapist. I'm not even joking. I didn't agree with him once, and he tried to sign me up to go talk to a psychologist about my 'issues'.

Fine with my younger sister. She's a typical annoying pain in the ass teenage girl. But we get along most of the time. She doesn't party and drink like a moron, or do drugs. Which is pretty rare among teens around here, so that's cool. I respect that about her.

Ready to disown my older sister. She's the embodiment of everything I hate. I'll just make a list of crap I dislike about her
    rant
    and if you want to ask "why are you telling everyone about this! It's personal!"
    she broadcasts her entire pathetic existence over facebook. If anyone here had her added...they'd be able to list most things I listed.

16. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    ITT: I expected angsty teens. Skimmed. Did not see.

17. gameboy13

Member gameboy13 Orange and fluffy since 1995.

United States
    Sort of.

My parents have recently placed a ban on all games that require you to shoot other people. My mother thinks it's "wrong." She has also convinced my once-disagreeing dad to agree with her.

18. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Both of my parents are awesome.
    My mother is caring and loving, and doesn't abuse me for the hell of it/take her stress out. (If she ever gets any stress.)

My father is also the same as my mother, althought he spoils me more.

My little brother can be really stupid and annoying, but i still love him like a little brother.

Don't really have issues with my family. We get along fine.

19. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Move out then.

20. darkreaperofdrea

Member darkreaperofdrea GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    sure we ain't the same person?or ain't we brothers?
    that's how my mom acts,and definetely how my mom acts
    my sister acts exactly the same way too
    except for the fact that i have two brothers,and i actually love them a lot,i'd say the only one i'd really wish death is my sister,she seems retarded most of the time