OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
killplaystation said:
Just help us/me out with the few most illusive steps Jay Paradis...
forget it i dont really care...
Yes i do!
No!
GRrrrRR!

I've made a simple but complex set of tools and BAT files to modify my banners, so you all can replace the images with the ones you like.

http://rapidshare.com/files/117339577/BANN...RaDoX_.rar.html

It's all very messy, you need an HEX editor and a bit of experience with all this stuff.
Please don't ask me to explain here how to make it work. There is enough info in the TXT files. If you don't understand anything, just delete the files and forget about it all.

THERE IS A VERY HIGH RISK OF BRICKING USING THESE FILES TO MAKE A BANNER IF YOU INSTALL IT AS A CHANNEL. PLEASE USE THE ISO THAT IS PROVIDED TO MAKE ALL TESTS.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IN ANY DAMAGE THESE FILES COULD DO TO YOUR WII. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But you need a modchip to install? it says about an ISO... any chance on the TP hack?

does your Rar have the info we need, like size, bit depth, and stuff like that?

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
zidane_genome said:
But you need a modchip to install? it says about an ISO... any chance on the TP hack?

does your Rar have the info we need, like size, bit depth, and stuff like that?
The RAR has the BAT files, which do the same steps I do to get things working.
It has script samples with the TPL file info needed to convert images, LZ77 compressor, U8 packer, etc...

The ISO is to preview the banner without the risk of installing a corrupted banner, and end up with a brick. If you don't have a modchip, I don't recommend you use these tools, because you need experience with banners to make them correctly.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm about half way done with making the banners... if I send you the ISO, would it be possiable for you to test it? If I do it right, I'd be willing to do some graphic work for you... this is just a test one, not going into alot of detail and fancy editing.

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Ok, I'm about half way done with making the banners... if I send you the ISO, would it be possiable for you to test it? If I do it right, I'd be willing to do some graphic work for you... this is just a test one, not going into alot of detail and fancy editing.
Wow, you really think jayparadox is going to waste his time testing your banners, made using his tool?

He was kind enough to explain it all for you.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
yumms said:
Question on the SNES channel, before if I pressed the home button on Wiimote it use to take me back to SNES9x menu...after playing Super Mario World, it just pauses the game. Now this happens in all games, I need to reboot the Wii to quit the game. Anyone know why that is?

I think this happens when u plug a classic controller in the wii remote (well it does for me), you'd have to unplug the classic controller and plug the numchuk back in so the home button works as it should again

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work Jay! thanks for stupifying it for us
Your instructions say that you end with the file "opening.bnr" , but how does that get back to a "*.000.des" to pack into a wad along with the dol and nand?
That can probably be answered with a sentence or two so...please...and thanks

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
Can you play the SNES channel with the GCN controler? Or... you need the wiimote/classic controler?
You can totally use the GC controller with i think every version of snes9x. And definitely the one in this thread
smile.gif

Thats the last double post, i promise
wink.gif

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
killplaystation said:
Great work Jay! thanks for stupifying it for us
Your instructions say that you end with the file "opening.bnr" , but how does that get back to a "*.000.des" to pack into a wad along with the dol and nand?
That can probably be answered with a sentence or two so...please...and thanks
Only pack the banner into a channel(WAD) if you are sure it's not corrupted and that it works.
I'm not responsible if you pack it and it bricks your Wii.

The 000.des is the same file as the opening.bnr, only it has 0x40 bytes extra at the beginning which contains the creators info.
There's enough info out there about this type of files, and how to get them made correctly.

Also, what is that of "stupifying" you said?
huh.gif

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
Also, what is that of "stupifying" you said?
huh.gif
You dumbed down the process to make it easier. "Stupify" is like making something "stupid"... Or "simple", like you did. I wasn't planning on installing without testing, thanks for all your help... Now if only there was some homebrew without channels already
wink.gif
... Learning is so fun tho, i can always play snes9x on my xbox. But fun fun

EDIT:What is typically corrupt? What will show in the test if it is corrupt? And again, what is the first thing i should look for if a test shows corruption?

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
LOL, yeah the HBC is amazing, and marcan might be releasing his tools soon, so all this banner stuff I've been working on will be useless.
But anyway, it's been useful for some weeks xDD

killplaystation,
wink.gif

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You could send me the banner file, but I don't really have time for testing other peoples banners.
I'll test one for you, and explain any errors there might be, but only once ¬¬

Thanks... me and the wife were playing Mario Kart Wii, so I'll work on that agian now, lol

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some odd issues with the bat files:

When burning the iso, I get a GC logo and a black banner when I enter the disk channel. If I switch to another channel and back to disk channel, my banner loads fine. If I got to the wii save manager and back out, the GC logo is replaced by my proper icon.

When I apply the same banner etc to a wad file, the icon andbanner remain simply black and never show at all.
I redid everything several times, it happens even if I use the default images that come with the package. If I just burn the iso with the banners in them (no modification at all, just the iso as it is in the zip), the default banners show fine, so something is going wrong during the creation process.

Any ideas why?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: fathers day is really rough for me I hope everyone else is doing ok