Hacking PaRaDoX Banner's Zone

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Where can i find the wad for the PaRaDox's Homebrew_Launcher_Channel-BANNER?, as i need to remove it with the wad uninstaller but the link on the first page of this thread doesnt work anymore?

Brownstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The HBC is nice and all I will install it with some apps like scummVM etc ... but still I prefer to have some apps as Wii channel with banner. I hope the wii banner hacking wont end just because of HBC.

chengming

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
question for fceu,why joypads configuration does not work,either for wiiremote or gamecube controller.When i finished configuration,nothing happened.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Arakon said:
Some odd issues with the bat files:

When burning the iso, I get a GC logo and a black banner when I enter the disk channel. If I switch to another channel and back to disk channel, my banner loads fine. If I got to the wii save manager and back out, the GC logo is replaced by my proper icon.

When I apply the same banner etc to a wad file, the icon andbanner remain simply black and never show at all.
I redid everything several times, it happens even if I use the default images that come with the package. If I just burn the iso with the banners in them (no modification at all, just the iso as it is in the zip), the default banners show fine, so something is going wrong during the creation process.

Any ideas why?
The IMET has info on the BIN files, and if it isn't set correctly it will show a black banner first, or freeze when opening it. All the packing and compressing that the BAT files do is correct. The errors are due to a bad IMD5 header or IMET header.

Also, it's very dangerous to make a channel with the banner if you are not 100% sure it works.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I modified the imd5 headers exactly as described in the readme, or is the LZSS part of the md5sum?
I had generated the md5sum starting at the first byte AFTER the LZSS in the header.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Arakon said:
I modified the imd5 headers exactly as described in the readme, or is the LZSS part of the md5sum?
I had generated the md5sum starting at the first byte AFTER the LZSS in the header.
Oh, the LZ77 is part of it too. "From 0x20 to the end of the file" the readme says. That includes the LZ77 ASCII tag.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ah, that is likely why then.
It says "Get the HEX size of the file starting from the "LZ77" to the end of the file, and insert it where the "XXX" are. ", that was a little confusing. burning another test image now.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Arakon said:
ah, that is likely why then.
It says "Get the HEX size of the file starting from the "LZ77" to the end of the file, and insert it where the "XXX" are. ", that was a little confusing. burning another test image now.
Well, it's the first version. I'm looking at a simple programming thing that will make it all automatically.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me where I can download the Mii Backup/Restore and the Gamesave Backup/Restore channels (four in total) that include banners. Those ones currently are all black for me
frown.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louse76 said:
Can anyone tell me where I can download the Mii Backup/Restore and the Gamesave Backup/Restore channels (four in total) that include banners. Those ones currently are all black for me
frown.gif

I don't believe anyone has made a banner for those channels.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Louse76 said:
They have, see below:

IMG_0004.jpg

I also like the WAD installer and uninstaller ones there. I'll have to get with mattlouf to find them. He's the one who provided the screenshot (I had to look).
That's the Wii Homebrew Launcher app, not the Wii Menu. It's not that hard to see it's not the real menu...

Lol to Prime
tongue.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louse76 said:
They have, see below:

IMG_0004.jpg

I also like the WAD installer and uninstaller ones there. I'll have to get with mattlouf to find them. He's the one who provided the screenshot (I had to look).

That is the Wii Homebrew Loader. Not the Wii Menu.

EDIT: Dam it, paradox got there first
tongue.gif

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Having a problem with the whole SRAM saving fuction, i have Snes9x setup so:

SRAM Auto Saving is ON
Wii SD
SD Slot

Yet i save my progress in Donkey Kong Country at the save point, reset the rom and my save is still there. But if i load another game and then load DKC again my save is no longer there, i have tried going to the save management screen and loading the SRAM and still it doesnt show my save progress in DCK. Any help?

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently haveing two problems getting my custom VC bammer to work.

1. I dont know where the name of the save file description is stored (but i did get the save icon changed)
2. I got the channel's Icon working, but my banner is all black, I'm assuming this is because I don't have a proper IMET header.

So i'm rather curious about the IMET header, i've been using that BannerTool 1.0.1 by calantra, but i'm nit sure if it is doing everythung correctly, so I ask, are there any other programs that deal with the IMET header?
The template Jay provided in his guide is not helping me either
frown.gif

up to this point i've been able to get by on what other's have said/provided, but now i'm stumped.

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been taking bits and peices from all sorts of tutorials, and i havent managed to brick my wii... yet. Though at the moment there are no "decent tutorials" which adequately cover the banner making proces from .wad decryption to .wad encryption

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Ajax said:
I've been taking bits and peices from all sorts of tutorials, and i havent managed to brick my wii... yet. Though at the moment there are no "decent tutorials" which adequately cover the banner making proces from .wad decryption to .wad encryption

frown.gif

Hope that changes

I have a few personal injections that I would love to have 'bannerised' - possibly 'manualised' too.
Sick of having DKC2 x 4
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/UxksoExrJB0?si=8EumplGLubjnxheU