Hacking Pandora DS Flash Card

Niles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone used one of these flash cards? I bumped into a guy selling them at the local markets. I bought one to give it a try as he says they are the "best" out now. My initial opinion is that they are not better than a DSTWO, but the interface and speed is quite nice. Compatibility seems good, but I need to test quite a bit more.

Has anyone else come across these yet? www.pandora-ds.com

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks nice, but never heard of it.

EDIT: can you post some pictures of what the system menu of this flashcart looks like? it seems to me like is a R4 clone. Note the "_system_" folder and " _DSMENU.DAT file.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Looks like a new toy for some retards!

2010121373911631.jpg

Niles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
site give me a trojan and the carts seem one of those lame ass carts the fact that they a 3ds picture worrys me

A trojan? I've been there lots, its clean.

Niles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try to post some pics later. Curious whether its a new card or whether its some form of a clone. As I said, it does work well though.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Niles said:
I'll try to post some pics later. Curious whether its a new card or whether its some form of a clone. As I said, it does work well though.

It claims that it uses a Wood version. If that's true, that shouldn't be a big surprise.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Clearly an R4 clone, it has Wood R4 up for download on the site.

EDIT: This may be the interface:
20109621555636.jpg

It talks in the page about "16 channels", which i think it means this.

EDIT: Oh lovely, the card can directly pirate games. (i.e. download them directly on the device)

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
Niles said:

It claims that it uses a Wood version. If that's true, that shouldn't be a big surprise.
then i was right. also when i tried to download one of the "Homebrew Apps", i tried to extract it, and it asked for a password.

Niles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that is the directory structure of the SD card. I have a copy of it on my desktop. I'll see about getting a picture of the actual interface for you once the kids leave the house (DSi's are xmas presents, so can't bring them out in front of them).

but if you look in the W4.rar from the site it also contains "akmenu4.nds" what is that?

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Niles said:
I can confirm that is the directory structure of the SD card. I have a copy of it on my desktop. I'll see about getting a picture of the actual interface for you once the kids leave the house (DSi's are xmas presents, so can't bring them out in front of them).

but if you look in the W4.rar from the site it also contains "akmenu4.nds" what is that?

okay thanks. and i will try to put this on my R4 in about an hour.

EDIT: "askmenu4.nds" is for an Acekard. its like the "_DS.MENU.DAT" of an Acekard. (System file.)

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, link I'm going to have to go with R4 clone, which has clearly already been established numerous of other times in this thread
tongue.gif

I'm quite interested to see the UI, only thing I can't find on the site. But why are you going to test it on the kid's DS? Especially when they didn't even open it yet, I think everybody here can wait until the 25th or so, this way your kids won't think they got a pre-used toy, I'd be very angry at my parents if they decided to "test" my new toy before I even got to lay my hands on the packaging.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
gamefan5 said:
Seems kind of shady...
op5hsg.png

Must be a first rate product, just look how carefully they photoshopped that logo(look at white patches in between letters).
rofl.gif

They also claim* their SDHC card supports 64 GBs, so they must be technological geniouses!
rofl.gif

*with cartoon lettering
rofl2.gif

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
gamefan5 said:
Seems kind of shady...
op5hsg.png

Must be a first rate product, just look how carefully they photoshopped that logo(look at white patches in between letters).
rofl.gif

They also claim* their SDHC card supports 64 GBs, so they must be technological geniouses!
rofl.gif

*with cartoon lettering
rofl2.gif

**Scratches Head**

Why do they have to be "tecnological geniouses" to support 64 gig MicroSD HC? You do realize MSDHC can and does go up to 64GB.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its either an ak2i clone or someone made their own sticker and is selling another companies product. if the new version of wood runs on it then it is probably a wood supported r4 clone. if akaio v1.5 runs on it, its an actel chipped ak2i based clone, probably based on the design acekard sold while ago. there are a few cards that can run both wood and the cracked version of akaio, they are all ak2i actel based designs.

either way you bought a clone. support for it will be determined by wood. if wood supports it and the card works well, as long as you didn't pay to much for it, juet enjoy it. shots of the pcb would be nice so we could figure out exactly what card this seller is putting his own custom stickers on.

caster62003 said:
**Scratches Head**

Why do they have to be "tecnological geniouses" to support 64 gig MicroSD HC? You do realize MSDHC can and does go up to 64GB.

QUOTE said:
For the new SDHC (2.0) implementation, 32 bits of the identification string are used to indicate the memory size in increments of 512 bytes. The SDCA currently allows only 26 of the 32 bits to be used, giving a maximum size of 32 GB. All SD cards with a capacity larger than 4 GB must use the 2.0 implementation at minimum. Two bits that were previously reserved and fixed at 0 are now used for identifying the type of card, 0: standard; 1: SDHC; 2, 3: reserved. Non-SDHC devices are not programmed to read this code and therefore cannot correctly identify SDHC or SDXC cards

QUOTE said:
Similarly to the above, as of version 2.00 of the specification,[23] the capacity of an SDHC card is limited to 32 GB. However, while not strictly adhering to that standard, it is in principle possible to create SDHC-like cards of up to 2 TB capacity. Some SDHC devices will accept SDXC cards with capacities greater than 32GB and recognize the full capacity, however compatibility is not guaranteed in all cases. SDHC cards have a fixed sector size of 512 bytes.

QUOTESDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity, SD 2.0) is an extension of the SD standard which increases card's storage capacity up to 32 GB. SDHC cards share the same physical and electrical form factor as older (SD 1.x) cards, allowing SDHC-devices to support both newer SDHC cards and older SD-cards. To increase addressable storage, SDHC uses sector addressing instead of byte addressing as in the previous SD standard. Byte addressing supported card capacities up to 4 GB, whereas sector addressing can theoretically support capacities up to 2 TB (2048 GB). The current standard limits the maximum capacity of an SDHC card to 32 GB[24] (it is expected that the SDHC specification will be revised in the future to allow card capacities greater than 32 GB[12]). SDHC cards will not work in devices designed to the older SD 1.x specification. The SDHC trademark is licensed to ensure compatibility.[25]

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdhc/

The SDHC memory card provides more removable storage power with a capacity range from 4GB to 32GB. The file system is FAT32. Speed Class/UHS Speed Class are available for SDHC cards and host products.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...