Hacking Pandora DS Flash Card

Niles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
caster62003 said:
Hmm, link I'm going to have to go with R4 clone, which has clearly already been established numerous of other times in this thread
tongue.gif

I'm quite interested to see the UI, only thing I can't find on the site. But why are you going to test it on the kid's DS? Especially when they didn't even open it yet, I think everybody here can wait until the 25th or so, this way your kids won't think they got a pre-used toy, I'd be very angry at my parents if they decided to "test" my new toy before I even got to lay my hands on the packaging.

Because the kids are 6 years old, and theres nothing worse than waiting for a battery to charge, or finding out theres an issue. Plus I had to make sure the cards worked properly and were already loaded. If the kid was 14, I'd agree with you, its a different story with youngsters. They want to open and play, not open and wait for charging
smile.gif
or to find out theres an issue with the flash card.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, the only difference between SDHC and SDXC is that SDXC will use the (poorly supported) exFAT/FAT64 filesystem by default. Assuming you can format the SDXC card as FAT32 (Windows will not format any drive above 32GB as FAT32 without third party software like fat32format/guiformat) then it should work on any existing flash cart that does not have a hard coded size limit in the firmware.

Niles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its easy to use and works for the kids, so I'm not upset about it. But I do like to know if its a clone, what is it a clone of? lol. Thanks guys!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
firmware confirms its an r4idsn or r4i gold re-stickered. however, they could have just purchased sources or something from r4i dsn. without pcb shots we are really only guessing at what card is under the sticker.

-another world

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suspect its a clone of the clone R4i DSN thus allowing to it to use Wood's R4 port to the R4i DSN and have a similar GUI.

And now the site's magically offline

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stevetry said:
can it use the 64gb as they say ?
There's no such thing as a 64GB SDHC. SDHC only goes up to 32GB.
If it is true that it's a R4iDSN clone, then it doesn't support SDXC, meaning that they're lying.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Stevetry said:
can it use the 64gb as they say ?
There's no such thing as a 64GB SDHC. SDHC only goes up to 32GB.
If it is true that it's a R4iDSN clone, then it doesn't support SDXC, meaning that they're lying.
AFAIK, the SDXC specification may or may not be that same for the MicroSD, so for all we know it could max out at 32GB or 64GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...