BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wut

Anyways, its because video games are constantly on the bleeding edge of technology. Pushing hardware as far as it can go, people still work the same amount of hours to put together Uncharted 3 as it took to make Chrono Trigger. Phone lines are phone lines, getting simpler and built with cheaper materials. Easier to manage and such the game* to create a playable product is still the same deal 20 years later because the only thing thats changed, is the hardware grows and evolves with the times.

Thats why game are still $60.

*Pun INTENDED, deal with it.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so they have changed. Now then explain to me why telephone lines have gone down in price and we still shell out $300 to $500 per new console every 5 years and $60 per game? Why havent those gone down in price like phone lines?

Because phone companies profits from calls and not from sales of phone lines or SIM cards. Game companies profits directly from game sales and in case of hardware manufacturers from consoles sales and/or licensing of software. (If I am not wrong)

In a similar comparison, F2P games are just like phone companies since the product is free but there's a paid service associated with it which can be optional or not. It's just a different form of business.

But my main point was, looking at the past should not be used as an excuse to justify current prices... Nowadyas gaming companies profit a lot, it's in fact a more profitable industry than the movies industry.

EDIT: The telephone thing was more of an absurd case I cited, lol...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All you did was get a good screenshot of the Sonic game and a bad screenshot of NSMBU. Believe me, the Wii U has a lot of RAM even the backgrounds used in the game can't be used in a mobile game. I've seen pretty much every version of NSMB and I'll admit it they are all graphically lacking, but NSMBU is kind of nice with its high resolution, content and multiplayer modes. Too bad they recycled the music though
Don't be silly - the WiiU has 2GB RAM, 1GB of it allocated for System Functions - that's hardly an argument :P. I picked completely random screenshots to do a "funny" - I'm not THAT malicious. :P

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't be silly - the WiiU has 2GB RAM, 1GB of it allocated for System Functions - that's hardly an argument :P. I picked completely random screenshots to do a "funny" - I'm not THAT malicious. :P

True, but smartphones also need to divide their ram with lots of app. I don't think there are games which uses 1GB of RAM in a smartphones since it would limit multitasking too much and only high end phones have more than 1GB of RAM anyway. And one of the most commented advantage of the Wii U by third party was the amount of RAM.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And one of the most commented advantage of the Wii U by third party was the amount of RAM.
Compared to the PS3 and the XBox 360, not "electronics in general". :P But yeah, you do have a point, obviously a video game console is more fit for video games than a smartphone is, I was merely saying that it wasn't a very good argument. :P I'd choose the CPU/GPU one instead. ;)

Reactions: RodrigoDavy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EoF Golden?

Seriously, dude? At $300, you get the system, a touch screen Gamepad, a Wii motion sensor, an HDMI cable (those usually aren't cheap) and all hookups. For only $50 more, you get all that plus 4 times as much internal memory and a retail game (that will probably cost $50 or $60 on its own). I really don't see why this is a ripoff.

Reactions: ddrrmm

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No its not the price that kills Nintendo WiiU... its stupid game companies that doesnt put out good games on the console... and when they do announce a good game... they push it back so that the other competing consoles also gets a port (Rayman)... or the wiiU console gets the game much later after the other consoles (Aliens, Batman). If they'd stop making stupid ports, and start truly making good worthwhile games on the console... I wouldnt mind paying 80$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hi