Hacking Out of Galaxy Koshika WiiWare - Menu Translation

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This is a complete English translation of the interface of Leiji Matsumoto's Gin no Koshika, a manga released on WiiWare in 2009.

Why translate this? You might have come across an old thread of mine https://gbatemp.net/threads/princess-ai-menu-translation.558790/
Princess Ai was the first manga released on WiiWare, when I found out there was another I thought maybe it would share the same engine and resources.
That turned out to be the case, I was able to recycle most of the hard work from Princess Ai into this. Most effort probably went into editing that title screen.

I'm not familiar with the manga itself, from the few glimpses I've seen it features Matsumoto's usual four character designs.

Texture0_title_en.png

DL link

The link includes IPS patches for each .app file that requires it, and a readme that explains what each patch is for.

Here's a video of it in action:

Thanks to another round of looking at this glorified manga viewer I was able to improve my tool that helps creating a .bin file out of a group of JPEG files that can be loaded into Princess Ai or Koshika for simple manga reading. I'm hoping to make a guide in the future, it still requires some hex editing as the tool only outputs a list of offsets for the files.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...