A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if u guys have heard of this awesome program called Osu. here's the link: http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php

here's a short description: What is osu!?

"osu! is a rhythm game based on the gameplay of the popular Nintendo DS series Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! and its overseas counterpart Elite Beat Agents. While trying to keep an authentic feel gameplay-wise, osu! has a wide range of online features, such as player rankings and replay exchange. Also available is a fully functional in-built editor allowing intuitive creation of your own beatmaps, and a quickly growing library of user-created content."

so yeah, its EBA but custom songs. so no more out of date, limited number of songs. now every popular song u can think of is here, and there's hundreds (if not thousands) to choose from.

what's my point? any chance that this could be ported/reconstructed for the ds? that would be awesome.

Reactions: smallissue

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The video is awesome....Somebody is really good at the game...

I'm not sure if it's possible to port this to DS....could be, but someone would have to put his soul into development, it would be really hard..

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, it has a heavy dependence on proprietary Microsoft libraries. This means a port to the DS would be difficult as all of the graphics code would have to be rewritten and heavily optimized.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there was a "Custom Oendan" project for the DS going on at some point, but it never really got that far to my knowledge. There was also a Rudolph-themed Oendan clone from the DrunkenCoders Christmas 2006 competition that was very well done, though it's only one song (still worth playing though).

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a great program but in my opinion eba is only fun on the ds (clicking the mouse just isn't the same) so i agree hopefully there will be something like this on ds in the future. i was thinking though would it be possible to use this program on your ds through ds2win? i can't use it myself because i don't have a working router but that sounds like a possible option...

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
The only problem is that some of the songs are made by amateurs. For example, songs like Numb by LP and Apologize by OneRepublic have some parts that are out of tune. Because of that, it's kinda hard to get an S or all 300.

Still, it's a good game. Now where did my graphics pad go.

Chrono_Tata said:
This would be great on a tablet PC. It's like playing a giant DS.

Agreed!

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to play Osu before my laptop broke, the fact that I own a Wacom 6x11 definitely helps- the game isn't much fun with a mouse. I made a song that's in the forums some place, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster. Didn't get a chance to finalize it for official release though, and I'm not sure how up-to-date is the version on the site. Making songs in their editor is a lot of fun though, I would get back into it if I ever get my new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: