Anyone to port OSU for the 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by WiisleyU, Jun 9, 2016.

1. WiisleyU
    OP

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    I love "Elite Beat Agents" and music games in general, but OSU on PC or capacitive screens sucks! :angry:
    The 3DS resistive screen have the precision like found on the DS where we were able to play EBA and Ouendan. Is there a way or someone trying to port the OSU or similar to the 3DS in .3dsx or even cia format? I would love it! :yay3ds:

2. Kyouken

Kyouken Repairer of the Breach

Oct 31, 2015
    United States
    GBATemp
    There was a thread about this I remember reading, but I don't remember where it was going (or where the thread itself went). To answer the question, no, not yet.

EDIT: Welcome to the temp, by the way. Enjoy your stay.

Last edited by Kyouken, Jun 9, 2016
    Orangy57 and WiisleyU like this.
  3. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    If I remember right this was attempted on the DS way back in the day but if I remember right it just wasn't worth the effort

3DS port though might be feasible although I'm pretty certain it's closed source so nope.

WiisleyU likes this.
  4. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    WiisleyU likes this.
  5. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    Like people before me mentioned, this has already been requested. No official work has been released ever since.

You can try the following: there's a game called "Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX" for the 3DS that is less challenging than OSU, but still worth to play.
    There's also an homebrew made by Rinnegatamante called TriaAl. It's a very nice rhythm game based on DeeMo (a game for Android), but it's different from OSU.

WiisleyU likes this.
  6. WiisleyU
    OP

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    I found Hatsune Miku on the freeShop but 2GB was afar from my limits at this time, but I never thought this seriously, is this game really good?

7. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    I don't play OSU often, so I can't compare it to Project Mirai DX, but it definitely has good replay value. There's plenty of different "beatmaps" (if you want to call them that), but they're mostly all based on Vocaloid and their members' songs. They can be played on Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty. BPM vary from ~100 to ~250 if I'm not mistaken, so there's plenty of variety between songs (not too repetitive).
    There's also the "tamagotchi" part of the game, where you can decorate Miku's house and her clothes for when she's singing the songs you're playing, but that has no gaming value whatsoever (at least to me).

Overall, it's a nice game with moderate difficulty, and it has given me some quality gameplay time. But I'm no IGN, so be sure to read about the game online and check gameplay videos before installing it if you're in doubt.

WiisleyU likes this.
  8. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    It's awesome! I'm a fan of the Project Diva series and Mirai isn't the best, but it's pretty damn enjoyable. I only played the demo and my 3DS has no CFW or Sky3ds so I'll wait till I can get some money.

WiisleyU likes this.