Hardware Orzly premium tempered glass protector

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Decided to return the screen protector when it arrives...

I'm going with a Gametech Anti-Glare screen protector from Japan:

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-switch-protection-filter-anti-glare/13/70avxf

The glare on the Switch is extremely high, good thing I did not buy a screen protector from day one (have been very careful with it no scratches yet) been noticing the bothersome glare more and more each day.

I think this is because there's a big gap between the IPS LCD and the plastic glossy top in combination with an IPS glow that cannot be avoided on IPS screens thus the glare really bad, my laptop's glossy screen is not nearly as bad (TN panel and no gap between screen the glossy finish is the difference).

with the anti-glare the screen is going have less protection but I think it'll be so much better for my eyes, also a bit on the expensive side but it's made in Japan and has 95% transparency which is top end for a anti-glare protector.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alcohol removes stains better but does leave a smudge, if the screen is stained use alcohol then glass cleaner right after for a perfect clean and sparkling shine.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don`t use alcohol on plastic to clean unless you want a fuzzy screen.
You need to have something silicon based or glasscleaner.

IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) is perfectly safe to use on plastic, if not available you can also use vodka (ethanol).
70% and 91% IPA is known to leave a whitish residue on surfaces because it's mixed with water, you can wet down the same cloth with just plain water and use that to remove the residue.

DO NOT use rubbing alcohol which contains ACETONE. Acetone will damage plastics.

As with any chemical, you do not want "prolonged" exposure. Prolonged exposure will harden some materials and make them brittle.

Do not spray the cleaner on the screen, instead spray a rag with the cleaner then wipe the screen.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: thorasgar

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Has anyone had any issues with the Ozrly ones?
Played docked for a few hours yesterday and now have that melted glue residue around the bottom and right side of the screen.

20170331_101715.jpg

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
How long did you wait for it to cure after applying?
Well I put it on 10 days ago. Not really played docked much (usually my son plays it docked, I mostly play it in bed lol).
I'm not super concerned about it but it is an obvious issue as I've seen pictures of other gamers with it, both glass and film ones.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Decided to return the screen protector when it arrives...

I'm going with a Gametech Anti-Glare screen protector from Japan:

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-switch-protection-filter-anti-glare/13/70avxf

The glare on the Switch is extremely high, good thing I did not buy a screen protector from day one (have been very careful with it no scratches yet) been noticing the bothersome glare more and more each day.

I think this is because there's a big gap between the IPS LCD and the plastic glossy top in combination with an IPS glow that cannot be avoided on IPS screens thus the glare really bad, my laptop's glossy screen is not nearly as bad (TN panel and no gap between screen the glossy finish is the difference).

with the anti-glare the screen is going have less protection but I think it'll be so much better for my eyes, also a bit on the expensive side but it's made in Japan and has 95% transparency which is top end for a anti-glare protector.
what kind of glare are you talking about ? I'm really ocd and i hope i wont notice that glare or else i may be forced to get that same protector that you are getting.

but one accessory i really want the most is a hand grip , i love cybergadget's grips, the one i have for my N3dsXL is so amazing, like i can't play my n3ds without it. (this thing here is amazing https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013...ds+xl+grip&dpPl=1&dpID=51LtOr2vB8L&ref=plSrch ) so i hope we get something similar for the switch, because i do plan to play it often in handheld mode because it looks pretty good.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
what kind of glare are you talking about ? I'm really ocd and i hope i wont notice that glare or else i may be forced to get that same protector that you are getting.

but one accessory i really want the most is a hand grip , i love cybergadget's grips, the one i have for my N3dsXL is so amazing, like i can't play my n3ds without it. (this thing here is amazing https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013...ds+xl+grip&dpPl=1&dpID=51LtOr2vB8L&ref=plSrch ) so i hope we get something similar for the switch, because i do plan to play it often in handheld mode because it looks pretty good.
You could get these: https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Gel-Guards/dp/B01MUAO202?th=1
They make the Joy-Cons way more comfortable without adding much bulk. Should fit inside a carrying pouch.
I got them in an accessory pack I bought the day I got the Switch, and I really like them. They're not as bulky as for example a Cyber Gadget grip (I have one for my n3DS) and definitely nowhere near as bulky as a traditional controller but they're a great compromise between functionality and portability. They fit the Joy-Cons well, in fact the button holes are such a perfect fit that if it weren't for the analog stick holes, they would look like they were part of the controllers. Actually they still do.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get these: https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Gel-Guards/dp/B01MUAO202?th=1
They make the Joy-Cons way more comfortable without adding much bulk. Should fit inside a carrying pouch.
I got them in an accessory pack I bought the day I got the Switch, and I really like them. They're not as bulky as for example a Cyber Gadget grip (I have one for my n3DS) and definitely nowhere near as bulky as a traditional controller but they're a great compromise between functionality and portability. They fit the Joy-Cons well, in fact the button holes are such a perfect fit that if it weren't for the analog stick holes, they would look like they were part of the controllers. Actually they still do.
How are the + and - holes on those? Use those frequently to pause for the oh crap moments when I need to strategize on how to not get killed.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How are the + and - holes on those? Use those frequently to pause for the oh crap moments when I need to strategize on how to not get killed.
I have to look down to find the + and - buttons, I can't tell where they are since they don't protrude. Better use the home button to pause instead :P
Anyway, that might be something you get used to. I've heard the + button is fine for other people, but the - button is hard to press. Which it is even without the grips.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone had any issues with the Ozrly ones?
Played docked for a few hours yesterday and now have that melted glue residue around the bottom and right side of the screen.

View attachment 83001

I have that and it's not melted its just were the silicone stuff is not completly covering the glass.
It happens when you first put it on so it's not heat.
it's only around the edges.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the AmFilm one also, really nice and has "handles" to apply it perfectly, and those work so mine is applied perfectly (insert image here of it perfectly aligned on my Switch had I had a camera at the time of this post to show it)
I noticed the Orzly does not have those.

the AmFilm (and probably Orzly ones also) need at least 12-24 hours of set time to avoid the "melting" issue. Little Inferno and Human Resource Machine do not heat up the screen (maybe very slightly) so those are safe to play while setting (although I would wait at least an hour before doing anything on it)
Yeah, really happy with it once it came in. Applied easily and I've got no dust or air bubbles. I was a little worried about how it'd fit in the dock considering the AmFilm are thicker than the Orzly, but it's not been an issue and everything is perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps