Hacking Original R4 or R4i Gold (Wood question)

Towerism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have done my research and I know I want either the Original R4 (Revolution) or the R4i Gold. The deciding factor is whether or not the Original R4 will work with the DSi and 3DS with the latest Wood update and whether build quality would be an issue.

If the Original R4 does not work on the DSi and 3DS and build quality is an issue then I will go with the R4i Gold. HOWEVER, I have some questions about the different builds. Some R4i Gold carts say 3DS on them and some say RTS on them. Does it matter which build I get and if so which one?

If you don't mind confusing me then I cheerfully invite you to reply without reading this whole post! /Sarcasm

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4i Gold all the way mainly because the original R4s DON'T support SDHC microSD cards which means you'll be stuck with 2gb or less microSD cards. They also don't work with DSi and 3DS consoles.

As for cards with "RTS" vs "Non-RTS", the ones with RTS printed on them are from a batch that are manufactured since February 2013 just to let customers know that Wood allows real time saving (although I might be wrong so feel free to correct me).

Towerism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to buy dstwo yesterday with a visa debit card and it got declined. A few hours later I got an email from Steven apologizing and explaining that they can only take credit cards and how paypal doesn't allow them to sell flash carts. I've heard from others that they have great customer service, and because of his email I'm very inclined to buy from them. I would buy a dstwo except I have an SP and a DSL to play GBA and I have no interest in emulating NES so that's why I feel I don't need to shell out 40 bucks for a flash cart.

Towerism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turned out I didn't have a visa credit card like I thought I did so I bought it from here since they ship from texas which happens to be where I live (and it's only a dollar more than dsflashcart).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle