Ordered a Acekard 2i few questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by haroon90, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010
  1. haroon90
    OP

Newcomer haroon90 Member

United States
    I will be buying a dsi xl and i just ordered a acekard 2i now as i ordered from tempshop which takes 2-5 weeks delivery apparently.

Anyway my first question is what class speed MicroSDHC should i buy,i've seen a transcend class 6 off amazon for £13.99 but i read a review that different company's rate there cards in different ways so a transcend class 6 might be more like a kingston class 4?

Next question is when i put games on the acekard with Akaio do the games themselves need to be patched in anyway?For example i have seen pokemon games that say they have been patched,should i download patched or non patched versions of games or does it not matter?

Is it possible to download dsiware games and put them on sd card and play them on the dsi?I think u get free dsiware points with the DSI XL but i don't have a wifi router so i don't think id be able to download anything onto the dsi?

And just last question is it worth downloading the moonshell all in one?Is it just Akaio+moonshell?I don't want to risk compatibility...

2. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    answered in order

1. doesn't really matter as far as loading on the ds though you should at least get a class 4 to speed up transfers from pc to the card.

2. the games only get patched if their isn't a fw update for the acekard, usually all you need to do is update the acekard sys files to lates

3. dsiware is for dsi mode which the acekard does not access, so no.

4. not sure about that one try it out.

edit: Oh and welcome to the gbatemp, I see you registered today and this is your second post.

3. haroon90
    OP

Newcomer haroon90 Member

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply and welcome [​IMG]

What i ment about the SD card is not the microsd but the actual SD slot because i would guess the dsiware games are stored on or can be stored on a SD card anyway when u purchase them off the dsi shop,i know for example that with the xbox 360 u can pay and transfer from xbox.com to your xbox 360.Doe's nintendo offer a similar service?

I mean buying the dsiware games legit but putting them from the pc onto the dsi through a SD card.

4. rowanimox

Newcomer rowanimox Newbie

Philippines
    the only way i know that you can get DSiware games is from the DS through the shop. then you can save the games to the SD card.

5. Memino

Member Memino GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  6. haroon90
    OP

Newcomer haroon90 Member

United States
    u can get a 16gb card for the price of that samsung