Gaming Order of flashing

leondmsmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i am getting ready to flash my boys 360 - its not connected online and never will be so i dont fear a ban.

I just wanna check if i have this in the right order since i dont wanna get a brick

1) Check type of drive
2) Connect drive to PC
3) use Jungle flasher to do the following
3A) dump key/firmware from the drive
3B) Add key to custom firmware
3C) Flash firmware back
4) Reconnect drive in 360
5) Put copied game in drive and test

This is correct?

Further questions :

A downloaded game when checking ISO sizes on torrent sites are usually larger than a 4gb disc how are they to be burned?
I read somewhere that DVD+R is the correct media is this right? Does it need to be Dual layer to get up to 8GB?

What are the waves that are mentioned and do they affect which system they can be played on depending on system menu?

Thanks in advance

Leon

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The order sounds about right, although you probably need to check that your SATA controller allows you to send raw commands using portIO instead of through windows. I don't know any way of quickly checking this though.

There is no way to get around the need to use DVD+R DL disks. ISOs are typically 7.3GB, so they must be Dual Layered. They also use a specific layer break, so it must also be DVD+R DL (the + part is for the layer break).

The waves refer to certain files hidden within the ISO. So long as you use the latest version of iXtreme, you don't have to worry about it. 1.51 for Hitachi, 1.61 for Samsung and BenQ, and 1.6 for LiteOn (which'll require the activate.iso disk to enable Wave 4 games to work by disabling the security checks).

I'm sure you've heard that iXtreme is currently detectable, so using it online will most likely get you banned. If you know the risks and want to flash it anyway, feel free. If not, it's best to wait until LiteTouch is completed, which will hopefully not get people banned for playing online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc