1. 01X

OP 01X Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Last night I opened my switch to install the SX Core, and to my surprise I am looking at a V1 unit.

I had tried to run fusee and other exploits and they all failed. citing that the unit was a patched unit that I assumed was a V2.

Now I am looking at it and it's clearly a V1 so I have a few questions. How did nintendo patch the V1 and stop fusee from working on it, and my second question is this:
    would it be possible to install the SX Core, and downgrade my firmware to a build lower than what it shipped with, and then remove the SX core since this is a V1 chip?

Thank you for any answers you guys can provide.

[​IMG]

2. NoxiousNinja

NoxiousNinja Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The Tegra X1 has support for IROM patches, which are basically a factory-programmable set of fuses that can override bootrom code. Around mid-2018, Nintendo developed a patch for the RCM bug in this format and started shipping it on V1 models.

01X likes this.
  3. 01X

OP 01X Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info. So basically the smartest thing I can do is leave the SX core in?

4. NoxiousNinja

NoxiousNinja Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I think so, yeah. I don't know much about the SX Core, but all models of the Switch have anti-downgrade hardware fuses, so if you tried downgrading then removing the modchip, it just wouldn't boot.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, edition, exploit