RP2040-NS Chip on Switch V1 Help!

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I got my chip from aliexpress, this one to be exact Aliexpress Switch V1 i did the flex soldering for V1 on the cpu, installed the nand, boot up the console but it boots straight to normal firmware, also the led on the hip doesnt turn on, i have already soldered and desoldered the flex cable 3 times with the same results, i dont know what else to do, am i missing something?

Heres a photo of the chip, which is suppose to be the HWFLY?

Chip.png

Post automatically merged:

Ok so aparently these chips are shipped without firmware so i connected the chip to my computer, flashed it with the latest picofly firm and now it shows no sd card rasperry logo on my switch.

i was using rcm before installing the chip i asumed that everything was gonna work out just fine but aparently not because when i connect the sd card module with the console still opened, it only shows a black screen and doesnt boot, imma dig a bit more and see what else i have to do now

Last edited by mediavieja,
Reactions: Magnetic87

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my opinion, install a picofly in an unpatched erista is a waste of time and money...
Never understood why people on an
unpatched V1 want to install chips 🤔,
when RCM works flawlessly, furthermore, if you don’t have the skills and right tools, you end up with a bricked/dead switch 🙄

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could have went with a trinket M0 if they really want a modchip, some people doesn't like the idea of connecting a dongle or computer just to load a payload.
My dongle fits in the case I use for
Travelling, but I understand that some people don’t want to bother with a dongle.

I build my first dongle with a trinket, but never wanted to install internally now I use RCM loader (actually two in case one fails) and never had any issues.

I do agree that when you can’t bypass hardmods, well no other solution, but I’ve always been for fan of “soft mods “.

Last edited by Maupiti,

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is the payload.bin in the root of your SD?

In my opinion, install a picofly in an unpatched erista is a waste of time and money...
Aparently the issue was that Picofly doesnt load Atmosphere directly, i had to use Hekate as my main payloader and then load Atmosphere from there, as soon as i replaced the payload.bin for the hekate one, everything worked.

when RCM works flawlessly, furthermore, if you don’t have the skills and right tools, you end up with a bricked/dead switch 🙄
Well, im a fan of softmods as well but i was tired of using the dongle, plus i have the tools and skills to install it hehe, everything is working perfect now B-)

Reactions: Maupiti

jaymof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM doesnt work on all V1s

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, which firmware did you install to that?

github Ansem-SoD/Picofly

This?
If you have an rp2040 based chip, then yes, 2.73 from ansems github. There is another github source with a 2.75 version that is newer but the docs are limited and I dont know what is changed about it.

Schweino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got my chip from aliexpress, this one to be exact Aliexpress Switch V1 i did the flex soldering for V1 on the cpu, installed the nand, boot up the console but it boots straight to normal firmware, also the led on the hip doesnt turn on, i have already soldered and desoldered the flex cable 3 times with the same results, i dont know what else to do, am i missing something?

Heres a photo of the chip, which is suppose to be the HWFLY?

View attachment 401099

Ok so aparently these chips are shipped without firmware so i connected the chip to my computer, flashed it with the latest picofly firm and now it shows no sd card rasperry logo on my switch.

i was using rcm before installing the chip i asumed that everything was gonna work out just fine but aparently not because when i connect the sd card module with the console still opened, it only shows a black screen and doesnt boot, imma dig a bit more and see what else i have to do now

How did you get this flashed? I have tried following the instructions but it refuses to flash.

• I attached it via USB
  • Window pops up
  • LED does not turn on
  • I drag and drop fw_2.73.uf2 to it
  • Nothing happens

I also tried holding down the boot or reset button while connecting it to USB, but this has the same result as above. I have 4 of these chips and all show the same behavior.

/edit: Never mind, solved:

Update again: Seems the .uf2 was corrupt.... Though I did re-download it earlier, I did so again and now it worked.... Sorry for the confusion guys.... And thanks for your help.

Last edited by Schweino,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol