HWFly Core V4 Install (patched V1)

jbarrymorejr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I just received the HWFly Core 4th Gen from AliExpress. It came with 2 ribbon cables labeled V1 and V2 and per usual the Chinese Vendor didn't add any instructions. I assume this is for the actual switch revisions?

I believe I have a patched V1 (Erista) model switch as it was part of a fortnite bundle in 2019? Ive seen tons of videos on YouTube showing the install process with a Switch OLED model but cannot find anything for a V1/V2.

Will it be clear to know which cable to use (V1/V2) once I'm in the console? Any links to tutorials and/or documentation would be helpful before proceeding with opening up the console and installing the modchip.

Also, I've seen people talking about flashing firmware to the HWFly prior to install. Is this a necessary step? The V4 model said it was upgradeable and flashable.

I also have a RP2040 that I can use instead but heard it's a trickier install and my soldering skills are a little bit above beginner bordering on novice. Ive done tons of mod chip installs in the past.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Danook28

ANIL007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
One flex for v1 one flex for v2 switch. if you teardown your switch you will see. But chip firmware should be hwfly 0.32 because 7.0.2 is not works with patched v1

i dont know hwfly software 0.32 is okey nintendo switch 15.0.2 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.