Homebrew oot3dhax_installer2: Second-degree *hax for OoT3D

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone confirm that this works with the latest eShop version of OoT? Planning to download it as soon as 10.1 is allowed back into the eShop (which I hope will be possible?)
(I know the OP says eShop v cart is irrelevant, but I've heard a lot of different things and that might be out of date?)

Last edited by ~Poke~,

LoneFlo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone confirm that this works with the latest eShop version of OoT? Planning to download it as soon as 10.1 is allowed back into the eShop (which I hope will be possible?)
(I know the OP says eShop v cart is irrelevant, but I've heard a lot of different things and that might be out of date?)
It works. Just update your payload BEFORE updating.

Reactions: ~Poke~

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works fine with new 10.3 payloads
Care to give more details on how you went about and installed it? Let me lay out my situation:
New3DS 10.2 with ONLY oot3dshax. No IronFall, No SmashBros full game (demo doesn't work well) - Thus I would have to install the 10.3 payloads by loading HBL through oot3dhax which in turn means I can't wipe my save file....

D

Deleted-236924

You have it working on 10.2 right now yeah?
And you wanted to update to 10.3?

Get svdt, get the payload for 10.3 for your New 3DS, rename it payload.bin

Use svdt to delete the payload.bin file from your oot3d cartridge, and write the new payload.bin to the cartridge.

If done correctly, it should allow you to run oot3dhax to access homebrew once you've updated to 10.3

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use svdt to delete the payload.bin file from your oot3d cartridge, and write the new payload.bin to the cartridge.

If done correctly, it should allow you to run oot3dhax to access homebrew once you've updated to 10.3

Do we download it as a 'otherapp' or 'ropbin' payload?

Tmu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to give more details on how you went about and installed it? Let me lay out my situation:
New3DS 10.2 with ONLY oot3dshax. No IronFall, No SmashBros full game (demo doesn't work well) - Thus I would have to install the 10.3 payloads by loading HBL through oot3dhax which in turn means I can't wipe my save file....
i didnt whipe my data i just did a override with new payload using the installer

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I need some troubleshooting.

So, I switched my payload from 10.2.23U to 10.3.23U, and went on my way to updating. For some odd reason, SmashHax and OOTHax wouldn't want to boot right in for reason. All I got is a red screen for OoThax and SmashHax would just kick me right back to the Home menu. Help? :(

Mikaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
After reading some replies I've got the reason why no more save slots are available, so is it possible to load payload.bin from SD card for retail cartridges now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, with 10.2 payload in the save slot , running oot3dhax_installer to download 10.3 payload still works.
So sdvt is not necessaryB-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land