Homebrew OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive me if seems to be a little simplistic.

-Did you place the .bin in the Powersaves3ds folder after you started powersaves software? (needs to be before)
-Did you remember to extract the file?
-Are you running US version software for everything?

If all else fails, what version of Powersaves are you running?

I am currently trying what you have stated.

Edit: I tried placing the .bin before and it didnt appear, it only appears after I do the backup-rename thing and it is named O3DS_10.1_hax25, I did extract the file, and yes I am running US version of everything. I still get file corrupted. :(

Last edited by Destroxz,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ok, I downloaded it and placed the .bin in my local save location for powersaves and then launched powersaves, the save file doesnt appear, should I backup-restore?
It should appear as "N3DS_10.2U_hax25" when your card is recognized and then you select this file and click the Restore button.

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should appear as "N3DS_10.2U_hax25" when your card is recognized and then you select this file and click the Restore button.
Unfortunately it doesn't appear, but it does when I backup-restore and rename, btw I just wanted to point out, that yesterday I tried using a 9.9 save I think and it appears without backing up, and when I launch the save and innteract ingame it goes to black screen and says homemenu rpbin is ready and crashes to homescreen. ( on my N3DS 10.2.0.28U)

Edit 1: I believe it was and old 9.9 save.

Edit 2: I tried bacup-restore-rename but it says files corrupted and formats the game. What am I doing wrong :S

Last edited by Destroxz,

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't matter really.

Can you do me a favor please? Backup your Zelda save and upload it. Want to check something.
Don't change the file name.

I am basically backing up nothing since my oot cartridge is clean. But I will do so anyways.

Attachments

• AQEE601dc98a_2015-11-07_15-33-56_(hax).zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 167

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am basically backing up nothing since my oot cartridge is clean. But I will do so anyways.
Thanks, but are you sure the save wasn't corrupted before you backup it up?
All you have to do to uncorrupt it is to simply boot the cartridge once. (then upload the save)

I'm leaning towards our carts being incompatible versions despite being from the same region. Just want to make sure the issue is not the save itself though.

Last edited by zoogie,

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All you have to do to uncorrupt it is to simply boot the cartridge once. (then upload the save)

I'm leaning towards our carts being incompatible versions despite being from the same region. Just want to make sure the issue is not the save itself though.

I launched the game once, and backed up and uploaded. My cartridge is Middle Eastern version, but I am pretty sure it qualifies as a USA version since it works on my usa 3ds and I have tried installing 9.9U hax on the same cartridge and the save file was visible and able to load, but ofc it was an old verison that didnt allow homebrew to launch, so I am certain that it doesnt have to do with the cartridge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just noticed that at the back of the cartridge the code printed in black is similar to the save file name. Does it have to do with anything?

Attachments

• AQEE601dc98a_2015-11-07_15-52-55_(ha).zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 100

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I launched the game once, and backed up and uploaded. My cartridge is Middle Eastern version, but I am pretty sure it qualifies as a USA version since it works on my usa 3ds and I have tried installing 9.9U hax on the same cartridge and the save file was visible and able to load, but ofc it was an old verison that didnt allow homebrew to launch, so I am certain that it doesnt have to do with the cartridge.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just noticed that at the back of the cartridge the code printed in black is similar to the save file name. Does it have to do with anything?
Try both of these saves. One or both may show up as "hax25" or "Unnamed Save"

Attachments

• tests.zip
    83.9 KB · Views: 138

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try unnammed save?

Nothing appeared as unnamed save file. One of them is .bin and the other is .sav, should I change the .sav to be .bin?

Edit 1: i changed the .sav to .bin and it appeared as unnamed will try it now.

Edit 2: Unnnamed also gives me corrupted data. It is really frustrating :S

Edit 3: I tried an older version of the save file (9.9U) and it loads on my cartridge and when i interact the homebrew black screen starts for 2 seconds and crashes to homescreen, othe rthan that since the save file was succesfully installed on my cart that means it doesnt have to do with my cart right?

Last edited by Destroxz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users