Homebrew OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you put both files in your powersaves3ds folder, one of them should show up as unnammed save.

I put both files you gave me, the unnnnamed file was a .sav file annd i changed it to .bin and it appeared and I used it but the same thing happened says data corrupted.

OMGitsBlank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately it doesn't appear, but it does when I backup-restore and rename, btw I just wanted to point out, that yesterday I tried using a 9.9 save I think and it appears without backing up, and when I launch the save and innteract ingame it goes to black screen and says homemenu rpbin is ready and crashes to homescreen. ( on my N3DS 10.2.0.28U)

Edit 1: I believe it was and old 9.9 save.

Edit 2: I tried bacup-restore-rename but it says files corrupted and formats the game. What am I doing wrong :S

Destroxz was the 9.9 save that you could restore without it being corrupted the one from page 1 provided by @Swinky

Shouldn't matter really.

Can you do me a favor please? Backup your Zelda save and upload it. Want to check something.
Don't change the file name.

As far as I know there might be 2 different encryption keys for USA version of oot3d (yours and Swinky's). There is really no getting around it if that's his problem except wait for someone with his encryption key.

well, is there someone with hax 2.5 on his dave for o3DS 10.1.0.27U? I plan to buy Zelda ocarina of time today probably

Try the save on this thread for o3ds 10.1u @Lucky Dearly had success using it.

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Destroxz was the 9.9 save that you could restore without it being corrupted the one from page 1 provided by @Swinky

As far as I know there might be 2 different encryption keys for USA version of oot3d (yours and Swinky's). There is really no getting around it if that's his problem except wait for someone with his encryption key.

Try the save on this thread for o3ds 10.1u @Lucky Dearly had success using it.

Yeah it was the one from @Swinky.

OMGitsBlank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Swinky @Destroxz

Alright then you will have to wait for him to make you a save because of cart specific encryption

@zoogie

Could you make save files from your cart for both new and old from 9.9u-10.1u (should be six save files I think and 10.1 I believe work on 10.2) and you would help alot of people

Last edited by OMGitsBlank,

srick7583

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Post is to help those people who like me (until recently) had no easily accessible way to load the Homebrew Launcher without either buying online a copy of CubicNinja or Sky3DS(to use a ROM of CubicNinja) or finding some annoyingly complex way to run linux off a partition of your computers hard-drive just to have access to making a working Smashhax Beacon on a 3DS running 10.2 Firmware (Also didn't have a backup plan for another hax* such as Themehax before updating their console)

After searching online for days trying to find some way around this lack of exploitation for the newest 3DS firmware I came to the Conclusion that the only way to regain access to the Homebrew Launcher was through OoTHax. Unfortunately its a Secondary exploit after using something like NinjaHax to get the initial load of the homebrew running to access the installer. Remembering that Gateway itself had a tutorial somewhere on how to use a hacked Save file exploit on OoT to launch the gateway Firmware that could be injected to the cartridge version of the game via Datel's 3DS Powersave Device. This sparked the idea to do the same thing with the OoTHax. My only problem was getting that Save File that was prepatched with the OoTHax data. Thankfully in another thread I got a reply from the User: zoogie, with a link to exactly what I needed to solve my problem. a US version of the OoTHax Save File.

Now I cannot confirm this will work for all 3DS users, as I only have the N3DS on version 10.2. but ALL the steps for installing OoT3DHax, up until actually installing the hack via Homebrew are the same
- Download the installer from the github https://github.com/meladroit/oot3dhax_installer
- Put the Installer files on your SD/MicroSD in the /3ds folder
- (the 2.5hax version of OoTHax on the github apparently doesn't need the payload.bin on the root of your SD but I had it there just incase)
Then from there is where I took the save file from @zoogie and placed it in my Powersaves Local Save folder
C:\Users\NAMEHERE\Powersaves3DS
I made a quick backup of my LoZ OoT game and basically just renamed the Hax*Save file to the same as my backup aside from the (N3DS_10.2U_hax25) at the end (because that is the name of the backup that the powersave application reads) then proceeded to restore the hax backup to my Game Card and from there just ran the exploit like you would after installing it directly from the installer
-Open the Game
-Load the First Save file named Idleway(whatever the hell the rest of the name says)
-After the file loaded, Press A and let the exploit do its thing :)

Now I noticed it takes significantly more time loading the Homebrew Launcher through this method than it did before when I used to run it through TubeHax but realistically, who gives a damn about the loading speed of the launcher when you actually have access to it in the first place from now on.

I realize this is quite the alot to read through, but for some people it is exactly what they need and I appreciate those who took the time to read through this, and I hope it helped you as much as it helped me

Thanks again to @zoogie for uploading the save file for me to use for this to be possible
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately, My copy of OOT is from the Nintendo e-shop. I can backup and restore my save files from the app but idk if theres a save manager that let's you inject the oot3dhax into the downloaded version. Getting a copy of cubic ninja cost's like $70+ and is not worth the purchase just to get homebrew working. Is there any way people can make a file or something so I can restore the hacked save over to the downloaded version?

LordIgnis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately, My copy of OOT is from the Nintendo e-shop. I can backup and restore my save files from the app but idk if theres a save manager that let's you inject the oot3dhax into the downloaded version. Getting a copy of cubic ninja cost's like $70+ and is not worth the purchase just to get homebrew working. Is there any way people can make a file or something so I can restore the hacked save over to the downloaded version?
Unless you have the physical cartridge for OoT, my tutorial is more or less useless for you, the way I did this, is having access to the physical game for OoT and a Datel 3DS Powersave device, so by placing the hacked save file in the local save storage for the powersave device I could restore the save to my game to run the exploit without any other access to homebrew. Realistically speaking if it wasn't for @zoogie there wouldn't have been a chance for me to even confirm that this information worked anyways (unless someone else gave me the save file). For your situation you would likely need to either acquire a physical copy of OoT and a powersave device, a gateway 3ds (providing your 3ds can run the gateway firmware, I got a gateway 3ds after I got my n3ds and haven't been able to use it since I got it....) or a sky3ds to run 3ds roms so you can get cubic ninja and run the exploit the original way(if your going to spend the money to get any of these the sky3ds would be better cause it can play nearly any 3ds rom with no system modifcation itself and its always updated, also Cubic ninja isn't worth the $70+ in any respect, the game was originally worth like $15 in stores)

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I'm trying to get this to work, I'm on n3ds 10.2E, and tried using the save file provided by @koim but when I boot the game after I restored the save, it says corrupted save data and it deletes the save.
Is it because our games have different encryption keys?

EDIT: I also have an o3ds also on 10.2E and tried using the o3ds save file also provided by @koim and got the same result.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by WiseHorror,

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
probably the same thing that happened back when gateway first released its ootexploit for n3ds. there's a shitload of different oot cartdriges with incompatible saves :/

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I guess my only chance is to hope someone with an oot cartridge similar to mine shows up and posts their save? For the record, even though I doubt it matters, my oot cart is from the Old 3DS Zelda 25th Anniversary edition bundle.

Thanks for the reply

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
probably the same thing that happened back when gateway first released its ootexploit for n3ds. there's a shitload of different oot cartdriges with incompatible saves :/
There's a rev 0
The.Legend.of.Zelda.Ocarina.of.Time.3D.USA.3DS-CONTRAST
and a rev 1.
The.Legend.of.Zelda.Ocarina.of.Time.3D.v01.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox
(this is just the US version too)

The rev 0 uses xorpad fail encryption and the rev 1 doesn't
For the record, my shared saves have the rev 0 as I bought the game day 1.

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's a rev 0
The.Legend.of.Zelda.Ocarina.of.Time.3D.USA.3DS-CONTRAST
and a rev 1.
The.Legend.of.Zelda.Ocarina.of.Time.3D.v01.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox
(this is just the US version too)

The rev 0 uses xorpad fail encryption and the rev 1 doesn't
For the record, my shared saves have the rev 0 as I bought the game day 1.
Is there any way I can check which version mine is, even though it's EU version?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way I can check which version mine is, even though it's EU version?
Dump the game with gateway, check the rom with CTR

If the firmware is 1.x, rev 0.
If 4.x, it's rev 1

Of course, this is tough to do if your 3ds is > 9.2, but I digress.

Last edited by zoogie,

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dump the game with gateway, check the rom with CTR

If the firmware is 1.x, rev 0.
If 4.x, it's rev 1

Of course, this is tough to do if your 3ds is > 9.2, but I digress.
So that's impossible to me, as both my 3DS's are on 10.2 and I don't have gateway. I guess the only thing I can do now is either wait for a new exploit on 10.2 or hope someone with the same oot cart as me posts their save.

Thanks for the reply!

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
So that's impossible to me, as both my 3DS's are on 10.2 and I don't have gateway. I guess the only thing I can do now is either wait for a new exploit on 10.2 or hope someone with the same oot cart as me posts their save.

Thanks for the reply!
This probably still won't help you but for people who have some kind of hax, this homebrew will determine the version of your Zelda cart:

introducing ...
info_gopher
:P

This is mainly possible due to just today yellows8 adding product info functions to libctru -- much thanks to him.

Attachments

• info_gopher.zip
    117 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by zoogie,

srick7583

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have the physical cartridge for OoT, my tutorial is more or less useless for you, the way I did this, is having access to the physical game for OoT and a Datel 3DS Powersave device, so by placing the hacked save file in the local save storage for the powersave device I could restore the save to my game to run the exploit without any other access to homebrew. Realistically speaking if it wasn't for @zoogie there wouldn't have been a chance for me to even confirm that this information worked anyways (unless someone else gave me the save file). For your situation you would likely need to either acquire a physical copy of OoT and a powersave device, a gateway 3ds (providing your 3ds can run the gateway firmware, I got a gateway 3ds after I got my n3ds and haven't been able to use it since I got it....) or a sky3ds to run 3ds roms so you can get cubic ninja and run the exploit the original way(if your going to spend the money to get any of these the sky3ds would be better cause it can play nearly any 3ds rom with no system modifcation itself and its always updated, also Cubic ninja isn't worth the $70+ in any respect, the game was originally worth like $15 in stores)

My new 3ds is on Version 10.2, not sure if I can exploit the firmware with the gateway. I used to have homebrew running perfectly with browserhax but my dumbass updated and lost my homebrew

BreakHisLegs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a similar situation to others here (locked out of homebrew but I have OOT and Powersaves) and I'm on the most current firmware for my Old 3DS: 10.2.0-28U. I had found a save file that I thought would work and put it on my cart... the save file did show up and work fine (so I'm pretty sure my copy of OOT is one without the save protection) but it didn't have the right payload installed so it would always boot me out to the main menu whenever I tried to run the exploit. So I need a new OOTHax save to get my homebrew working... can any of you guys please help me out?

To sum it up, I need:

- an OOTHax save for 10.2.0-28U on Old 3DS
- with the payload for Hax 2.1 OR Hax 2.5 (either is fine) in the save

Sorry for my first post here being a request like this, but it's my only option. I would really, really appreciate the help. Please and thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person