Homebrew OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition

Blancfire

Trophies
XP
Country
I am going to experiment with this later.

I have a O3DS on 9.5.0-22, so I can use the browser exploit to install OoT3DHax.

I also have a Powersaves dongle. They use to be easy to get at Gamestop or Target. I got mine when it first hit the stores.

Anyways, I will be backing up my O3DS 10.1.0-27 OoT3DHax save and seeing if this method indeed does work when restoring a OoT3DHax save.

If so, I will share it with y'all who have Powersaves.

Mind sharing that O3DS 10.1.0-27 OoT3DHax save? I'm assuming you own a US cart and I'd like to try this method myself on my O3DS of the same firmware. If it works, I'll try to make Powersaves files with hax applied to other firmwares the hax is capable of exploiting.

Can somebody confirm is this works? looks like i found a gold mine in this p?ost thank you :D but yeah, i guess this is the only method i have since i can't acccess to the launcher.

Also i wanted to ask, wich file did you download? the one from the link avove or this "Second-degree Hax installer for 3DS"? thanks again i guess i'll try this method! :D i'm 9.9-26u do you think it'll work?

EDIT-

Well nvm is it necessary to have that Powersave thing? ugh looks like i'll never gonna use homebrew again ;____;

You'd need some sort of way to apply save backups onto the cart and most people use Powersaves for that. I don't know if it'll work out the same for other generic 3DS cart save dongle but I wish you the best of luck with that.

Reactions: Critichart

The Crane Game

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any confirmation of this working? And I'm a tad confused by the instructions, does this work as an entry point or solely as a way of running homebrew that's already been installed?

Lucky Dearly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mind sharing that O3DS 10.1.0-27 OoT3DHax save? I'm assuming you own a US cart and I'd like to try this method myself on my O3DS of the same firmware. If it works, I'll try to make Powersaves files with hax applied to other firmwares the hax is capable of exploiting.

I hope you get it to work, I too have a O3DS with the same firmware and I'd love to see that save file.

OMGitsBlank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OMGitsBlank thanks for the awesome answer! i'll try doing that when i get everything i need, thanks again! :D

@Blancfire Thanks for the nice words TwT/ i'll try my best!

I edited my instructions(mostly to cover my own butt) on how to modify the save for other dongles. However you can do two safety checks to ensure you don't brick your cart

1. Make sure the save file you will use with the other save dongle is the same length as a legit backup from that dongle (use a hex editor to verify length)
2. when in doubt open it in 3DSExplore and it will not open if it's an incorrect save file (you messed up then)

Other than that I wish you luck that it works for you. Let us know if it does :)

Reactions: Critichart

Swinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it took a while to get back.

Yes. I originally used my cart to exploit 10.1.0-27. However I did wipe my saves and installed the payload for your firmware version.

Edit: I'll share my 10.1.0-27 save in a few.

OMGitsBlank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Swinky

No problem I've been busy these last 2 days anyways. Thanks for trying to help me :) with the 9.9.0-26u save file :).

There's really nothing we can do if our OoT carts share a different encryption key. I just hope more people share your key than mine *fingers crossed*

Anyway I have invested way more time into this than I care to admit. I came to the conclusion that cubic ninja of any price is just to good to pass up and bought one (luckily got one for $25) should arrive either Friday(hopefully) or Monday(I'll be out of town for ~2days). Then I'll help get people setup as well :).

Last edited by OMGitsBlank,
D

Deleted-236924

R4 save dongle is cheaper and would allow you to put oot3dhax on your oot cartridge without a hassle :P

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=271

I think is the one.

That being said, Cubic Ninja is a good buy too, and $25 is decent. CN is always going to be supported by any new *hax releases, while it took a while for oot3dhax to really work with 2.5

Last edited by ,

The Crane Game

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking to make this happen very soon, but I've got a couple questions:
1. I've tried to inject saves with the Power Save dongle before, but it wasn't taking it, even when I renamed the save file. i'm assuming it's an encryption issue, so are these files encrypted already?
2. If they aren't, can I get a rundown on what needs to be done and how? I know there may be some hex editing involved and I know absolutely nothing about it.
Looking forward to being a guinea pig on this and making sure it works for 10.2 users! :)

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thought I'd share mine. oot europe version, *hax 2.5, n3ds 10.2E

Attachments

• AQEP(oot3dhax2.5 n3ds 10.2E).zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by koim,

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
won't work, probably. I can try and make one for o3ds, but I have no mean to test it.
Use it at your own risk.

Attachments

• AQEP(oot3dhax2.5 o3ds 10.2E).zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 165

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did all the steps mentioned but when I launch the game it tells me the save files are corrupted. I am running this on N3DS 10.2.0-28U.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I did all the steps mentioned but when I launch the game it tells me the save files are corrupted. I am running this on N3DS 10.2.0-28U.
Here's my version of the instructions.

1. Download the attachment in the OP. file name altered, won't work. try the original
2. Place it in C:/Users/<YourPCName>/Powersaves3DS/
3. Run Powersaves and restore the save named "N3DS_10.2U_hax25" to your Zelda Game Pak :3
4. Place boot.3dsx in your sd root (example: F:/ )
5. Start Zelda and run the idleway save and press A a couple seconds after link appears in his room.

Last edited by zoogie,

Destroxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my version of the instructions.

1. Download the attachment in the OP. file name altered, won't work. try the original
2. Place it in C:/Users/<YourPCName>/Powersaves3DS/
3. Run Powersaves and restore the save named "N3DS_10.2U_hax25" to your Zelda Game Pak :3
4. Place boot.3dsx in your sd root (example: F:/ )
5. Start Zelda and run the idleway save and press A a couple seconds after link appears in his room.
The save file doesn't appear on the powersaves software, What should I do?

Edit: I did the backup rename thing, but I only have a save file named O3DS_10.1_hax25.

Last edited by Destroxz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?