OOTHax and Action Replay Power Saves

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Lucky Dearly, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Lucky Dearly
    OP

Lucky Dearly GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    I was looking through the boards and is it at all possible to use AR power saves to upload the hacked save to run OOTHax on 3DS?

2. Ignisflame

Ignisflame Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    Canada
    I was literally just about to post about this too, or can someone upload their already patched US save file for slot 1 of the OoT3DHax, thats literally all i need to run the homebrew launcher on my N3DS on version 10.2 , I can't use browserhax cause they fixed the vulnerability and I don't have a linux or a mac computer to properly run the smashhax beacon to get homebrew and the only solution that should I think would ultimately work to allow using OoT3DHax method to get homebrew without having another hax method available would be for someone to upload the save file from their already hacked OoT save installed by the installer

3. sat

sat GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2014
    No because Datel is a piece of shit company and doesn't want you to share your save files.

If you updated without ironhax, ninjhax, oothax, you're basically SoL.

I will never understand why people still update their systems. Have you guys not learned your lesson after missing out on 9.2 Kernel exploits?

Last edited by sat, Nov 2, 2015
    zoogie likes this.
  4. Lucky Dearly
    OP

Lucky Dearly GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    I didn't update my system, Nintendo ninja'd something on my browser on 3ds and now it nags me to update instead of loading sliderhax

5. Ignisflame
    This message by Ignisflame has been removed from public view by CrazySka, Nov 3, 2015, Reason: Flaming.
    Nov 2, 2015
  6. DRWS

DRWS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2010
    United States
    1. Use Powersaves to dump a save file from your OOT3D cart.
    2. Find the file under C:\Users\(windows user name folder)\Powersaves3DS. It'll be named something like AQEEc67fecff_2015-03-14_18-24-25.bin
    3. Download the Gateway file from here (if using a US cart, the EU one was somewhere but got deleted)
    3. Place that file in the Powersaves3DS folder. If it doesn't show up in Powersaves, give it the same file name as the backup you made, then it should work.

This trick doesn't work for newer games because they use a unique per-cart encryption key, but earlier games used the same encryption for all or most carts.

Hoppy likes this.
  7. Ignisflame

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    Canada
    i already know this trick for the gateway (though on the n3ds firmware I have it doesn't work to run the gateway exploit) it's exactly the same thing i will be doing to inject the save file I need but what I need is the save file from someone who patched OoT with the hax from https://github.com/meladroit/oot3dhax_installer and before someone says it, it's not the same thing, if it was I wouldn't be posting here asking

8. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Ok, here's your hax 2.5 save. Hope it works for you.

Attached Files:

9. Ignisflame

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks very much it worked just as expected, now I can run the Homebrew Launcher on my N3DS v.10.2 right from the save file with your help (to be totally honest i'm very surprised nobody has tried this before and the datel powersave is like $30 and can be bought anywhere from gamestop/eb games to places like walmart or target, by far a cheaper expense than trying to buy a Sky3DS or a Cubic Ninja copy from some scammer online)

KingVamp, Ammako and zoogie like this.
  10. Blancfire

Blancfire Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2015
    I'm pretty new to this but I was wondering if someone found a way to make use of Powersaves to apply the patched save for an OoT cart.
    I don't know much about how OoT3DHax works but I was wondering if this same save could work out on my end.
    I'm on an O3DS 10.1.0-27U atm but since browserhax is pretty much blocked at this point, I'm contemplating whether or not I should just update to 10.2.0-28U

11. OMGitsBlank

OMGitsBlank Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2015
    United States
    Any chance you can make a oothax 2.1 powersave dump for old 9.9.0-26u

Here's the files needed

Use the otherapp payload from themeHax installer POST5_U_20480_usa_9221.bin

And the USA save

I have researched into making one from the computer but the save files checksums(their is a tool already made for powersave checksums) are beating me and I just need moredata.

Thanks

Last edited by OMGitsBlank, Nov 2, 2015