Homebrew Oot3dHax on 11.0?

famkehoopers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's probably because, as far as I understand it, putting a payload on the SD doesn't actually do anything. Installing OoThax either via the homebrew application or by Powersaves installs the payload into the save file itself (whether it be on the card or a digital copy).

OoThax will boot fine on 9.0 - 10.7 without needing any extra payload on the SD, and on 11.0 it will boot very, very infrequently, and putting a payload on the SD will not help with this.

The only time when a payload.bin file on the SD card would come into the equation is if you wanted to use the OoThax installer homebrew to perform an offline installation, in which case you'd put payload.bin in the same folder as the homebrew application.
Well, this clears a whole bunch up for me. I'm on 11.0. I have the save installed correctly through my dongle. So now it's just try, try again?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, this clears a whole bunch up for me. I'm on 11.0. I have the save installed correctly through my dongle. So now it's just try, try again?
OoThax effectively does not work on 11.0. Some people have claimed that they have booted OoThax on 11.0, but I have never been able to. Just use Smashhax.

Note these:
I don't think OOThax works on 11.0 yet.
I don't think they added 11.0 support for OOThax yet
Nah, oothax sadly doesn't work on 11.0 yet.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

famkehoopers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OoThax, effectively speaking, does not work on 11.0. Some people have claimed that they have booted OoThax on 11.0, but I have never been able to. Just use Smashhax.
I found out that smash hack does not work if you have a native 1.1.0 card. If you have an 1.0.0 updated to 1.1.0. it works fine. It's on the issues page of yellow8's github.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I found out that smash hack does not work if you have a native 1.1.0 card. If you have an 1.0.0 updated to 1.1.0. it works fine. It's on the issues page of yellow8's github.
Well, sadly you're out of luck unless a fix for OoThax on 11.0 is released or you can find a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe, I suppose.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

famkehoopers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, sadly you're out of luck unless a fix for OoThax on 11.0 is released or you can find a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe, I suppose.
What I also find strange. When I used the wrong save (the one starting with POST) on mij new 3ds xl, the hack worked twice in not too many tries. Only after displaying some text it suddenly went back to home menu. When I use the save I actually need, this never seems to happen.

I can get a copy of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon btw. Is that still good and does it work with powersaves?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I find so strange is, I cannot find anywhere that I actually need a payload to be on the sd. I found many powersaves tutorials. Nobody ever mentiones putting a payload on the SD. They all say just unpack the homebrew starter kit on the SD. Why is it so hard to find a clear tutorial with all the needed info on this?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

According to the guide, the payload is only to be used when injecting save data into games, it does not belong on the sdcard. The payload you must use is based on the firmware system version.

(Example Oothax Requires save file that triggers payload file on the cart. Then loads the homebrew loader on your sd card after using it.)
I posted a link for a guide to help you if you need more information about it. just pick the one that you can use and follow directions.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

famkehoopers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

According to the guide, the payload is only to be used when injecting save data into games, it does not belong on the sdcard. The payload you must use is based on the firmware system version.

(Example Oothax Requires save file that triggers payload file on the cart. Then loads the homebrew loader on your sd card after using it.)
I posted a link for a guide to help you if you need more information about it. just pick the one that you can use and follow directions.
Ok thanks. I already had the correct save on my cartridge through powersaves. I never get it to load the hack. Chances seem to be very slim on 11.0

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yellows8 has fixed oot3dhax for firm 11.0 today.

I have compiled and packaged them for savedatafiler/svdt/jksm.
[office space managers voice] If someone else could do the powersaves versions that'd be great, mmkay.

Sorry to ask but you always have great knowledge:

Can this be used in sky3ds with file writer "restore save"?

I just got a sky3ds v2 and wanted to get into A9LH.

Many thanks in a advance.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Sorry to ask but you always have great knowledge:

Can this be used in sky3ds with file writer "restore save"?

I just got a sky3ds v2 and wanted to get into A9LH.

Many thanks in a advance.
I think you can use the aformentioned save managers to inject the files to zelda on sky3ds just you would a regular cart.
Oot3dhax is a secondary exploit though, so you need access to the hbl to inject these save files in the first place. Powersaves or ds lite is an option but no pre-made save files exist for those methods yet.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: KiiWii

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you have to use my dirty, stinky, low-class file archive until someone updates oot3dshax_installer :P
Shouldn't be long though.
Well i mean i didin't realy insult the file, is useful, glad it exist by the way, i was just asking, since it was easier to use, for the noob friendly:blush:. Also i was gonna ask someone, When i use the oothax, it doesn't allow me to make any new save files, is this normal? Do i have to remove it to be able to play the game and insert it every time i wanna use homebrew?:unsure:

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellows8 has fixed oot3dhax for firm 11.0 today.

I have compiled and packaged them for savedatafiler/svdt/jksm.
[office space managers voice] If someone else could do the powersaves versions that'd be great, mmkay.

Just wanted to confirm that this new payload works. :) Used SVDT on a 10.3 2DS to transfer a US save/payload to a cart for use on an 11.0 SysNAND O3DS.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well i mean i didin't realy insult the file, is useful, glad it exist by the way, i was just asking, since it was easier to use, for the noob friendly:blush:. Also i was gonna ask someone, When i use the oothax, it doesn't allow me to make any new save files, is this normal? Do i have to remove it to be able to play the game and insert it every time i wanna use homebrew?:unsure:
Here ya go. See attachment.
I've looked about and couldn't find a definitive answer. Anyone know why svdt and save manager both hang on a yellow screen when loading the OoT cart on 11.x?
Hmm, maybe it's the aslr? Hope not, try the fixed installer I have attached.

Attachments

• oot3dhax_installer.zip
    142.9 KB · Views: 465

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk