Hacking [Online] Savegame converter 1.0 alpha

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shuny
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 62,860
  • Replies Replies 325
Uhh...
I might need a bit of help, but, when you convert to a DS-X save file, why does it stay the same size?
DS-X save files are usually below 50kb(well, mine are).
Would I need to compress them?
If so, how?


Alright, don't worry, I just bunged the save file I got onto my DS-X and it worked.
Great job on the converter.
yaynds.gif



Well, no it didn't but still great job.
 
The DS-X will automatically compress the save file and overwrite it.
Yes. Because DS-X works with standard (Supercard/ninjapass/n card/dslinker ...) savegames I think it's pretty useless to compress it. DS-X will do the work

Another thing : DS-X compress the savegame and add 24 bytes to the header. In those 24 bytes there is the internal gamename (Trauma Center : TRAUMACENTER) and I think'nt the savegame will work with a generic header.
 
DS-X savegames are just .gz (GZIP) files renamed to .sav
wink.gif
Not really. DS-X savegames are gzip files with an extra 24 bytes header renamed to .sav .

You will not be able to open a DSX gzipped savegame if you don't delete those 24 first bytes.
 
Just some news :

Savegames converter 1.0 beta will have a design !
tongue.gif


And I have a question : What is the correct orthography for the title :

-Savegames converter
-Savegame converter
-Savegame convertor
-Savegames convertor
-Gamesave ...

?

Thanks
tongue.gif
 
Savegame convertor
or
gamesave convertor

I like gamesave convertor better

Thanks, i'll take this
wink.gif

Err... Shuny, you asked for the CORRECT way to type it, right?

Then, please, disregard the previous post u.u; convertEr is the right term.

At least in british/english and american/english.

lecture.gif


EDIT: and, by the way, those little things we're gonna process (yep I'm still willing to take care of the port) are called savegames, not gamesaves
sleep.gif
; But I nkthi I can standunder the sonrea of that stpo... u.u;
 
shuny thanks for your savegame editor.
i tested it with raw save file like 8k and 64k it still works
using supercard one/ninjapass/Ds-linker.sav as the save
type in the menu and convert it to m3/r4.sav.

this save converter of urs is god send to us
bow.gif
 
shuny thanks for your savegame editor.
i tested it with raw save file like 8k and 64k it still works
using supercard one/ninjapass/Ds-linker.sav as the save
type in the menu and convert it to m3/r4.sav.

this save converter of urs is god send to usÂ
bow.gif
LOL, thank you
tongue.gif


Some news

Savegames convertor 1.1 alpha will release this night

Here is a screenshot of the new design !



I will need a lot of tests for this new version
smile.gif
 
Savegames converter 1.1 alpha released !

- New design and new website
- Fixed a bug that made EZIV => another format conversions impossible.
- Fixed a small bug for the file extension in a conversion
- Added support of Gameshark
- Added support of NinjaDS
- Added error messages

http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php

Enjoy
smile.gif


Can somebody change the title to [Online] Savegame converter please ?
 
Unsure if you could do this but a .duc to no$gba .sav version (no$gba's .sav is differently compressed than all other .savs) that would be sweet.
 
Unsure if you could do this but a .duc to no$gba .sav version (no$gba's .sav is differently compressed than all other .savs) that would be sweet.
Please give me at least 3 no$gba .sav and I will be able to add this format on the script
wink.gif


Thanks
wink.gif
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted