Online Action Game 'Warframe' Coming to Nintendo Switch

warframe switch.PNG

Warframe, an online cooperative sci-fi action game is set for a Nintendo Switch release. Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes made the announcement for the Switch version during this year's TennoCon expo, the annual Warframe convention.

The Nintendo Switch port will be handled by Panic Button, the studio that brought Rocket League and Doom to the same console.

Warframe was initially released back in 2013 as a free-to-play title for PCs and then got subsequent PS4 and Xbox One releases and has since garnered more than 38 million registered players worldwide.

Synopsis:
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

The Nintendo Switch version of Warframe does not have a release date yet and is currently labelled as "In Dev" on the official website.

:arrow: Official Warframe Website

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because you only play pve missions, have you ever tried pvp with xbox controller?
Yes, aside from PVP being almost dead and non-existent it's also not full of experts or people who are particularity good at the game itself. PVP is most filled with either ultra noobs who just started the game, or veterans (like me) who just want to get their completion mods or other rewards. People barely try-hard in PVP. It's a super chill mdoe. PVE is literally 99% of warframe, and that is no exaggeration.

Last edited by FierceDeityLinkMask,
Reactions: Xabring

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this game on my crappy integrated graphics i3 laptop and it was great. This game shouldn't be a problem for the switch

Reactions: Xabring

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Played the game back in 2012 when it was in closed beta, was pretty meh back then, but haven't gotten around to playing it again after it released.

Maybe I'll try it on PC at some point, but I doubt I'll grab it on Switch.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah yes, another fantastic game to port for portability. I think it's ridiculous that Playstation is causing so many crossplay issues. can't they just get with the program and play together nicely??
I think this game is decent, so I think it'll play pretty well on the go

D

Deleted User

That's because you only play pve missions, have you ever tried pvp with xbox controller?
nobody plays conclave.

tried it on pc but got quickly bored as their is no challenge in the game
once you get mid game the challenge kicks in, sorties and eidolons aren't all that easy, the real challenge is grinding for resources to get the latest warframe, or prime

or the grind for plat to get to the real endgame, fashion frame

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody plays conclave.

once you get mid game the challenge kicks in, sorties and eidolons aren't all that easy, the real challenge is grinding for resources to get the latest warframe, or prime

or the grind for plat to get to the real endgame, fashion frame
I love how that guy tried to bring up conclave pvp, only noobs think conclave is anything other than dead. People like us know where the real content in Warframe is.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well well well. Sony's being left in the dust in regards to crossplay, again.
Sadly, its all Sony's preference too. Of all the things that I think Sony does right, for some reason, they seem starkly opposed to any sort of crossplay. At least intentional crossplay. Rocket League allows players to play against PC gamers but you cant party up with them in any organized fashion.

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, its all Sony's preference too. Of all the things that I think Sony does right, for some reason, they seem starkly opposed to any sort of crossplay. At least intentional crossplay. Rocket League allows players to play against PC gamers but you cant party up with them in any organized fashion.
This is definitely going to come back and bite them next gen.

Reactions: BORTZ

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They don't worry about PC to PS4 crossplay, it's only other console makers. Fortnite plays fine with PC Players, and they don't seem to care about that. I don't get why they're so worried about other console crossplay though :/

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fair enough. I think Sony had stated something along the lines of that they basically wanted a cut of purchased content, in the case of fortnite (don't quote me on this, because I'm not 100 percent certain that they said this lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all