Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up, March is packed so I probably would've missed this otherwise. I'm obsessed with Synthetik and Hades right now, but you can never have too many quality roguelikes.

Last edited by Xzi,

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I loved the Megaman Battle Network battle system. I will wait for a review of this game but I am already interested in seeing more.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Fighting system looks a little bit like the good old Rockman.exe games ...
Still the vid doesn't make me want to play it ... looks like it is 100% only fighting ?

The reason the gameplay lookslike Rockman.exe (or Megaman Battle Network) is because it's inspire by said game.

Reactions: BLsquared

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat, I've been interested in this for a while. From what I've heard from people that have played the test/demos this game at its best is harder than Rockman.exe ever was.

Reactions: Xzi

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Fighting system looks a little bit like the good old Rockman.exe games ...
Still the vid doesn't make me want to play it ... looks like it is 100% only fighting ?
It does have a spare/execute option for specific enemies so there must be some dialog. Given the pace of the trailer though I think they where just emphasizing the combat which is the real star of the show. From watching this trailer alone I think I might finally go back and give the mega man games that had that game play a spin.

Heigw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty excited for this one. It was like getting FAST-RMX as a replacement for F-Zero. I hope this will live up to expectations as a suitable replacement for Battle Network!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Neat, I've been interested in this for a while. From what I've heard from people that have played the test/demos this game at its best is harder than Rockman.exe ever was.
IIRC Battle Network was turn-based, was it not? Being both real-time and a roguelike, I can guarantee this is going to be considerably harder. Not to turn anybody off the game, of course, but it's something to keep in mind.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC Battle Network was turn-based, was it not? Being both real-time and a roguelike, I can guarantee this is going to be considerably harder. Not to turn anybody off the game, of course, but it's something to keep in mind.
It's been a while but it wasn't turned based IIRC.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while but it wasn't turned based IIRC.
Wow my memory is going to shit lol, worst part being I did play the first couple Battle Network games. You're right, I looked up gameplay on Youtube. It is real-time, but everything moves way slower than in this trailer. You're also able to pause combat in Battle Network to switch out weapons and the like, which probably won't be a luxury available in One Step From Eden.

Reactions: Daggot

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...kind of. Battle Network had a rather interesting system- basically each "turn" you got 5 new chips (moves to use) but the whole thing is real time and loading in another round of chips is a thing you can choose when to do once the bar fills up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over