Homebrew ON the EZ-flash 3-in-1 NOR mode is not working

Metal Militia31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ON the EZ-flash 3-in-1 NOR mode is not working and im a noob. I want to play Mother 3 but i cant get NOR mode to work for any game! I waited 2 weeks for this stupid EZ-flash 3-in-1 so I can play mother 3, but bam I hit another roadblock. If this is already a question asked im sorry because i couldnt find an answer anywhere on the forums. Any help is appreciated thank you.

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having the same problem. i've googled every which possible phrase to find an answer and i've tried all the sram patches ez 3in1 tool and no go. i am currently on akaio 1.5.1 acekard 2i and ez expansion 3in1+. when i use akaio to flash to NOR, it initially opens to "GAMEBOY" without the 'nintendo' under it. i then turn it off and back on, load it through the slot - 2 from the menu, it loads with the 'nintendo' and then goes to a scrambled red screen and then a scrambled greenish screen and then it stays that way until power off.

so now i try exploader .58b and it erases current NOR and then when it gets to flashing to NOR it gets stuck at 0% forever. the process goes 'erasing NOR' -> 'analyzing game' -> 'flashing NOR' (and this is where it stays at 0%). so i'm at a loss. VBA runs the rom.

i've tried the new translation patch, old translation patch, and already patched roms. nothing. would love to play this game on the go but this is getting hopeless for me. please help.

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far it's a no go. still hangs with no progress when 'copying to NOR'. btw it seems my problem is only with mother 3. everything else loads fine.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfotunately I've had other people report that Mother 3 doesn't work on Team Cyclops Forums. I suggested that they use the tool I linked you to but they didn't have any luck either... Ah well, it was worth a try.

Metal Militia31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying but, I just wish the answer would be so obvious or that mother 3 just worked in the first place.

Right now i look like this
wacko.gif
if i got mother 3 to work i would look like this
gbasp.gif

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah. trim the rom. haven't seen that part as a solution in my search. only the sram patching. thanks i'll give that a go now. lol.

to metal. there is an menu option for rom trimming (that's if you are using akaio. i don't know much about the other flash carts and programs.) if you are in akaio, press start and go to system options. naivigate to where trim rom is. i believe it's default to disabled. enable and flash via akaio. at least that 's what i'm trying now. unless there is a separate program that is out there (which i don' tknow much about) where i have to use to trim the rom.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running the translated rom through NDSTokyoTrim with "Patch SRAM for GBA roms" selected. If that doesn't work, try "Only patch, don't trim" next. Mother 3 definitely runs on EZF 3-in-1 NOR with GBAExploader 0.58b, at least from both R4 and DSTT that I can verify.

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just tried exploader .58b0 and i keep getting the same blank progress bar when 'copying to NOR'. am currently trying to do it through akaio 1.5.1 *crossing fingers*

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok back again with the same problems. to clownb, when clicked on the rom trim with sram patch it told me that the rom was already trimmed. strange because i literally manually translation patched it before going through the sram/trim process.

edit: ok am i doing something wrong here? for some reason gba exploader doesn't want to run any of my games in NOR mode. it just hangs at loading/copying.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I don't know what else to suggest. It is starting to sound like the possibility of a bad batch of 3-in-1s.

I just checked the translated rom and it appears normal for it to reject trimming below 32mb. GBAExploader is also supposed to SRAM patch roms automatically. Even if you had the wrong save type patched to the rom, it should still be able to flash to NOR and boot up. The only problem should ever be that it wouldn't actually save, not refuse to run or even flash altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer