Homebrew ON the EZ-flash 3-in-1 NOR mode is not working

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very possible you both have a 3in1+, which I don't think is fully supported by ExpLoader. I haven't really looked into it too much as I personally don't have one, but you could try loading it to the PSRAM; IIRC, the 3in1+ had 32MB of PSRAM. Note that it is possible to NOR flash Mother 3, as I've done it in the past.

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i do have 3in1+ i was also starting to suspect that i may have gotten a faulty pack. i tried loading psram and it tells me it's over 16mb and can't do it. i just wish there was an easy solution. my last resort is to use my psp and run the rom on that.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
@SylvWolf
The 3in1+ has 16MB of PSRAM NOT 32MB. It has 64MB of NOR. I also have the visual guide on how to tell if you got a 3in1+ or not in my sig, the first link. You can also read the wiki page on it.

As for mother 3, I gave that answer to that way back in NOV 2008:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110717

If your using AKAIO, the default settings screws up gba exploader, if you didn't customize it (I ain't talking about skins) correctly. I suggest not using gba exploader with a stock AKAIO settings.

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAHHHH I C said the blind man to the deaf mute. i rearranged my search words and found an old thread about exploader and akaio. thanks how_do_i_do_that. i'll b sure to check that out as soon as possible.

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok strange thing happened, i was in the process of doing the whole akaio using ak2firmware to load exploader. put all necessary files where they go and turned the system on. now i 'm sue some of you acekard 2i users have experienced that the card doesnt always read and the ds doesnt see it. this particular time it happened and mother 3 was already loaded via akaio the last time i tried and it was running. turned it off took the acekard out and turned it back on and it's up and running. weird. i'll check back to see if it saves and stuff being i patched it and all.

Metal Militia31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some how i got mother3 to work! it just finished copying this time and I am so happy
gba.gif

emgroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. i was just about to report in saying that mother 3 does save and the save stays after power off. so i guess for all you acekard 2i users with akaio 1.5.1, to play mother 3 load it via akaio and power off, take out the acekard and power on. i'm not sure if this was a solution in the past (i haven't done a search on this) but if it is then there we go. haha. i too am very glad that it is up and running. and thanks to all that contributed to possible solutions to the problem that we were having.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't want new people to get the bright idea and try loading 32MB games into 16MB PSRAM space and then ask "Why can't my [insert a 32MB game name here] game run in PSRAM" type questions. It was a pain the first time around to explain the size difference between PSRAM and NOR.

Just point them to the wiki, for that type of info. The wiki is already up to date on the 3in1 info.

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...just getting along the topic, months ago I've had an issue with my 3-in-1. I simply can't save anything (...some games says that the save failed or couldn't save, it's not like the save dissappear. I've already replaced the battery, but the problem continues. Is there any possibility of a SRAM patch need, or any other patch? Or maybe (...as I think...) I just got a defective product?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D